Openly gay female bishop to speak at local church

Aug 28, 2010 Full story: Bakersfield.com 2,694

At a joyous celebratory service in Long Beach three months ago, Mary Glasspool became the first gay, openly partnered woman bishop in the Diocese of Los Angeles.

Now the New York native is getting to know the territory ... Full Story
First Prev
of 135
Next Last

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#2741 Jun 17, 2011
WotMeWorry wrote:
<quoted text>
No your logic is faulty, evidenced by the fact that you backed my argument when you thought you were refuting it.
Mr. Ann asserted that transsexuals are "created by God to be the way they are".
My argument against that assertion is the same as yours above. No, God did not make him that way, evidenced by the fact that he seeks out medical intervention in order to change the way "God made him".
WTF?

That is so twisted I won't bother with a reply.

Post something intelligent an I might reply.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#2742 Jun 17, 2011
...Welcome to Fantasy Island.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#2743 Jun 17, 2011
WOT's argument says God does not exist.

Now we know where he is coming from.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#2744 Jun 17, 2011
LuLu Ford wrote:
WOT's argument says God does not exist.
Now we know where he is coming from.
Good to know, I've always suspected that of wot....
Michael

Runcorn, UK

#2745 Jun 24, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Bishop Mary Glasspool, speaker
When: 10 a.m. Sunday
Where: Grace Episcopal Church
Where else, but an Epsicopal Church?
As an Aglican from Northern Ireland, I can assure you that not all Anglicans are that supportive of anything that deviates from Scriptures CLEAR intructions that Clergy SHOULD NOT be gay!

Since: Oct 10

Lonoke, AR

#2746 Jul 5, 2011
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I might agree to some extent. On the other hand, when you start with the cliche phrase "lifestyle choices," it raises my eyebrows. The word "lifestyle" is a reference to health and fitness issues. My hormones have nothing to do with those choices. For instance, I may choose to do some vigorous aerobic exercises. Hormones have nothing to do with that choice. Next, I get really energized by the endorphines released into my blood stream. FYI "Endorphins are small, protein molecules that are produced by cells in your nervous system and other parts of your body." They are not hormones. You might want to reconsider what you just stated.
For more info on endorphins:
http://www.road-to-health.com/64/What_are_End...
The Fact that you consider Endorphins apart from Chemistry which is Science only proves you are clueless.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#2747 Jul 5, 2011
Aurora1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fact that you consider Endorphins apart from Chemistry which is Science only proves you are clueless.
You might want to take remedial English. I never said any such thing.

“IBM had it right: "Think"”

Since: Mar 07

SF Bay Area Suburbs

#2748 Jul 6, 2011
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
As an Aglican from Northern Ireland, I can assure you that not all Anglicans are that supportive of anything that deviates from Scriptures CLEAR intructions that Clergy SHOULD NOT be gay!
the C of I is a dour calvinist province. when my parents lived in Portadown (30 miles southwest of Belfast, to save The Geo-ignorant looking it up), their priest commented that he could raise his hand when giving a blessing at end of the Mass, ER I mean Holy Communion, but he had been told under no circumstances could he move it, because some might think he was making the sign of the cross at them.

United States

#2749 Mar 19, 2012
last word, as long as my brother doesnt win we may survive the meteor storms-hes not me and wants to be TEa

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#2750 Mar 19, 2012
Aurora1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't. You are only trying to put words in my mouth.
Nice try.
Care to try again?

United States

#2751 Mar 19, 2012
You did on many previous statements 'misstate' hormones reactions and claim that it was not Chemistry, when basic Life Science of human anatomy proves what a body does is what is does! typing and putting words in someones mouth, a game I dont care to continue separating the nonsense of when lives being led astray, still quick to the cue
Really

Sun City, CA

#2752 Mar 19, 2012
Wow, what a joke. What church would allow this? I know I won't be there. All will be judged one day. The bible clearly states one shall not be intimate with the same sex. Good luck when that day comes.

Since: Apr 10

Spearfish, SD

#2753 Mar 19, 2012
Really wrote:
Wow, what a joke. What church would allow this? I know I won't be there. All will be judged one day. The bible clearly states one shall not be intimate with the same sex. Good luck when that day comes.
So you read the origional texts in the origonal languages did you? how did that turn out for you did you find out that people have been getting the translations wrong sense the first time? Mabey you were one that heard the stories passed down from person to person in verbal form befor they were written down so you would know that the texts where not the stories that were told. Do you know how many versions of the bible there are and do you know how many discrespencies there are between all of them? Do you think the king james version is the first version? if you do you are really wrong my ignorant friend. tell me where the bible clearly states anything there are over 300 contridictions in it in its modern form. if you go with lev to back up your clames then I would also like to know when you stoped eating hamburger and roast beef as it comes from the unclean half of the cow, do you eat pork, or lobester of clams or crabs, do you wear blended fabric clothes, and how much can i buy your daughter for?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#2754 Mar 20, 2012
Really wrote:
You weren't invited, we don't allow people who pretend to be God, judging hearts and minds. That's blasphemy. ;-)

I have no problem with people being homosexual, I'm concerned about all people (myself including) and the big 10 God gave us.

Why not give it a try, stop the hate, love as Jesus commanded.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 135
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bakersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any young ladies of legal age need a sugar daddy? Oct 18 PinUpBabe 5
Show Some Love For This Bakersfield Couple Cele... Oct 18 arambula70th 1
Why do some people think Victory Outreach is a ... (Jun '10) Oct 18 Junk 280
white boy jerry from delano Oct 14 you know 2
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
Clowns Are Haunting Kern County, California Whe... Oct 12 Joey 6
Bakersfield Music Thread (May '13) Oct 12 Musikologist 8
Bakersfield Dating
Find my Match

Bakersfield Jobs