19-year-old suspected of child's death

Aug 28, 2008 Read more: Bakersfield Californian 26

Police arrested a 19-year-old woman accused of killing a toddler. Melissa Blanchard admitted to causing trauma to 2-year-old Kayli Bearden, according to the Bakersfield Police Department.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
danielle

Bakersfield, CA

#2 Oct 16, 2008
i've always knew she end up that way.
AOL

#3 Oct 16, 2008
danielle wrote:
If this is true, then why did you not try and prevent this from happening?
danielle

United States

#4 Oct 16, 2008
Post wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is true, then why did you not try and prevent this from happening?
i was freakin a sophomore when she was a big bad ass senior!
AOL

#5 Oct 16, 2008
danielle wrote:
<quoted text>
i was freakin a sophomore when she was a big bad ass senior!
Dang, only a Bakersfield Girl phrases words together like that.

Ever hear of a big ass stick, or a base ball bat?

Some folk call them equalizers :)
jessica collier

San Pedro, CA

#6 Dec 23, 2008
danielle wrote:
who r you to say something like this about a girl whom u dont even know
Dont Trip

AOL

#7 Dec 29, 2008
okaaayy melissa loved that baby with all her heart why the hell would she try to hurt her???
ITS COMMON SENSE put your self in her position how do you think she feeels being put away for something she didnt even doo??? yaa shes violent and sticks up for what she believes in and woops all the bitchs asses who talk shit....
that doesnt make her a bad person. were friends with the family and i know what they have to go through everyday. if melisssa didnt kill the baby all the people out there talkiinng shit owes her and her family an apologie there the ones suffering by seeing the one they love so much in jail for bein accused of something she did not commit!!!!!! But nits whatever melisssa isnt trippen she knows what happen and she knows if she did it or not if you guys dont believe he FUCK IT i believe her 100% an di got her back..
DONT TRIP

“time to get rid of murderers”

Since: Dec 07

roswell

#8 Dec 29, 2008
well if she did do it and they can proove it i say kill her too.
sorry for the ones that disagree, but i think an eye for an eye is fair, spezially if she killed a kid!!!
sarah

Louisville, KY

#9 Jan 23, 2009
I'm sorry but this is another tragedy that could have been prevented if somebody was smart enough to do something. Victims like Kelsey Briggs, Sirita Sotelo, Riley Sawyers, and even Caylee Anthony could have been alive today if somebody prevented it. Kelsey had a bad mother, Sirita had a bad step mother, Riley a bad mother and step father, and Caylee had a selfish mother. They killed these precious angels leaving those who loved them grieving over the fact they will never see them again and yet, still these people want everything on them even when they slaughtered their daughters!!!!!
whats this

Agoura Hills, CA

#10 Apr 23, 2009
I heard that the parents of this baby had another child that died waaaaaaay before Melissa was even IN the picture???? I wonder what the circumstance were? Strange.
Amber

Ventura, CA

#11 Jul 23, 2009
whats this wrote:
I heard that the parents of this baby had another child that died waaaaaaay before Melissa was even IN the picture???? I wonder what the circumstance were? Strange.
I am very close to the parents of Kayli and yes they did have a child that died a few years ago also. His name is Connor and he was a still born due to a birth defect. No fault of either parent was the cause. Learn your facts before you accuse innocent parents of killing a child. Kayli is in the hearts and lives of every person she knew. She was the blessing these two parents needed in a time where nothing seemed right or fair. And the loss of that little girl and their little boy is something I do not wish on anyone! We are supposed to be buried by our children not the other way around. These parents did everything possible to keep that child safe, it is extremely unfortunate and sickening that she was murdered by a jealous girl.
whats this

Agoura Hills, CA

#12 Jul 27, 2009
I have known Melissa for a very long time. She did not do this. The truth will come out.
Mommy Mel

Bakersfield, CA

#13 Jul 29, 2009
I hope this bitch dies in jail. I know about the case and what is all happening, and so far it don't look good on her. Killing a child is something that will never be forgiven. She even admitted to hurting kaylee. She admitted to hitting her. Well kaylee just so happened to die because of the injuries melissa did. Melissa was a violent girl, All of her attributes prove that she is very much capable of killing a child. PLUS PEOPLE SHE ADMITTED IT RIGHT AFTER IT HAPPENED.
whats this

Agoura Hills, CA

#14 Jul 30, 2009
"If" she was that violent, why would the Dad leave her alone with the child in the first place?
mommy mel

Bakersfield, CA

#15 Jul 30, 2009
whats this wrote:
"If" she was that violent, why would the Dad leave her alone with the child in the first place?
I think he must of loved her and trust her. Nobody could ever think that anyone would be capable of hurting a child. What is so sad now aday is someone close to you like a mother, father, cousin, or own child could hurt a innocent child. But honestly what are us parents supposed to do never trust anyone. but these days we have to be overly paraniod, You never know what terrible things people are capable of. There are those that intentionly want to hurt a child(As messed up as it sounds), and then there are those that have violent ways but are a good person. Those people could never imagine themselfs hurting a child. which could put them in a state of denial. I think that melissa is in a state of denial Maybe she did love that baby. And lost patients with her but didn't think it would kill her. She isn't a parent herself. but a child she is..
whats this

Agoura Hills, CA

#17 Aug 4, 2009
Unless you were there when it happened(??)how do you know what she said or what context she said it? Because the media reported it? Now there's a reliable source...people tend to believe the media when it suits them. And you know as well as anyone, they screw things up all the time. I believe in our justice system and I believe she is innocent until proven guilty. I don't think its fair for anyone to pass judgement on her just yet. Lets wait and see what happens at the trial.
fo sho

United States

#18 Nov 2, 2009
I think if she admitted to it, she should get life without parole
Love Child Mommy

Bakersfield, CA

#19 Dec 14, 2009
bitches just don't even know. this bitch murdered Kayli. she admitted to it and she will go down for the things she has done. Matt and I are really close and when i hung out with all of them melissa was strange. so just get over it!! she will pay for what she did!!
whats this

Agoura Hills, CA

#20 Dec 15, 2009
Apparently, she's has been judged by a jury of her peers and was found NOT GUILTY of murder and the other charges were hung IN HER FAVOR. In all fairness and in what I've seen over the years, the Dad is very strange too. So your point?
just o friend of melissa

United States

#21 Jan 9, 2010
i have known melissa a few years and she is kind of slow. but she is a real sweethart. if she took part in injuring this child i believe it was done by accident. She will live with this all of here like. Instead of beating her down. pray for here.
unbelievable

United States

#22 Jan 10, 2010
Dont Trip wrote:
okaaayy melissa loved that baby with all her heart why the hell would she try to hurt her???
ITS COMMON SENSE put your self in her position how do you think she feeels being put away for something she didnt even doo??? yaa shes violent and sticks up for what she believes in and woops all the bitchs asses who talk shit....
that doesnt make her a bad person. were friends with the family and i know what they have to go through everyday. if melisssa didnt kill the baby all the people out there talkiinng shit owes her and her family an apologie there the ones suffering by seeing the one they love so much in jail for bein accused of something she did not commit!!!!!! But nits whatever melisssa isnt trippen she knows what happen and she knows if she did it or not if you guys dont believe he FUCK IT i believe her 100% an di got her back..
DONT TRIP
You just summed it up by saying "Yaa she's violent etc..." The poor little angel couldn't even fight back because she was just a baby!!! And if you believe 100% that she didn't do it then you are 100% guilty too!!! I wonder for how long that little baby was being tortured? How could the dad leave her in the care of someone like that!!! Rest in peace little Angel, you are in a much better world now and you won't suffer anymore!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bakersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cop Accused of Tickling Corpse's Feet 4 hr Spotted Girl 59
yeeee 15 hr goho 1
c&j and kvs 21 hr simon 52
blonde barbie SW bakersfield? Fri mlg20 1
do any smoke shops sell spice here i'm new to t... (Sep '13) Apr 16 chris 6
News 7-yr-old girl starts fundraiser for fire victims (Aug '10) Apr 14 Josearbildo 4
News 75 dead cock fight roosters found near Bakersfield (Apr '12) Apr 9 VivaLaRace 10
More from around the web

Bakersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]