Amber Alert: 9-Year-Old Bakersfield B...

Amber Alert: 9-Year-Old Bakersfield Boy Abducted

There are 37 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Mar 19, 2008, titled Amber Alert: 9-Year-Old Bakersfield Boy Abducted. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Authorities have issued an Amber Alert for a 9-year-old boy kidnapped from Bakersfield at 10:35 Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wow

United States

#1 Mar 19, 2008
Shot and then kidnapped? Catch the guy and give him life in prison.. Preferably @ Pelican Bay.
Wowzers

Sacramento, CA

#2 Mar 19, 2008
To hell w/ Pelican bay... Shoot the Man in the head and allow it to be viewed on public local television!!
Wanchope

Manchester, NH

#3 Mar 19, 2008
Id start looking in Taft, CA

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4 Mar 19, 2008
Blessings, blessings, that the child had been located.

Prayers that he shall soon put this experience behind him.

Prayers that the perpertrator shall receive an appropriate punishment.
Stephanie

Riverside, CA

#5 Mar 19, 2008
They believe they have found little Zane's body very close to where he was abducted. This is so sad.

Since: Jun 07

Roseville

#6 Mar 19, 2008
Just think...if that kid had gone for help when the tunnel collapsed instead of making up a story about kidnapping, his friend might still be alive.

This is what happens when parents do not teach their children to take responsibility for their actions. Had these kids' parents taught them to be responsible, then they would not have lied. They are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, and now, his lies, his actions and failure to act has cost the life of his friend.

this is a costly lesson, and one that this child and even his parents will definately not learn. Instead, they will look to blame everyone else. There will be lawsuits against the people who made the tunnel, and God knows who else, when the blame lies solely on these children and their parents. Period.
melindad

Nevada City, CA

#7 Mar 19, 2008
His friend lied & made up the story. Some friend. I don't care if he is 9 years old. If he had ran for help, they might have been able to save this child. What crap. His parents need to be held responsible for this too. If he's lying about something like this at his age, what will he be lying about when he gets older. What a shame. If that was my child, I would flee town to hide from the embarrassment, not to say the corporal punishment I would hand down. What are we raising people. Tell the truth always.
shannareese

Nevada City, CA

#8 Mar 19, 2008
His friend lied & made up the story. Some friend. I don't care if he is 9 years old. If he had ran for help, they might have been able to save this child. What crap. His parents need to be held responsible for this too. If he's lying about something like this at his age, what will he be lying about when he gets older. What a shame. If that was my child, I would flee town to hide from the embarrassment, not to say the corporal punishment I would hand down. What are we raising people. Tell the truth always.
Jason

Sacramento, CA

#9 Mar 19, 2008
Parents... were... where?
teachergirl

United States

#12 Mar 19, 2008
Fifth Generation wrote:
Blessings, blessings, that the child had been located.
Prayers that he shall soon put this experience behind him.
Prayers that the perpertrator shall receive an appropriate punishment.
I'm confused by your post. He is dead. There was no abductor. The friend lied because they were prolly doing something naughty.

“Listening ears are on”

Since: Dec 07

Morgan City, LA

#13 Mar 19, 2008
teachergirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confused by your post. He is dead. There was no abductor. The friend lied because they were prolly doing something naughty.
This was posted before the update. At that time, everyone still considered this an abduction.
Give me a break

Citrus Heights, CA

#15 Mar 19, 2008
We as parents teach our children right from wrong, but it's wisdom that we achieve over time. You must remind yourself that he was a scared 9 year old. Yes, if it were my child that died I'd be mad and thinking maybe if he had just told the truth my child would be alive, but in the end we must remember they are just children....and children do not have the logic and reasoning that (most) adults do.
woodman

Turlock, CA

#16 Mar 19, 2008
Those kids said the boy might have been struck before being taken. That means to me that they probably hit the kid, knocked him in the whole, and were kicking dirt down on him when the hole caved in from them standing around it. Splat. dirt is heavy. The poor kid didn't have a chance. "manslaughter" would be about right.
Mike_D

Roseville, CA

#19 Mar 20, 2008
Thanks Julie

Picture this: Young Zane is heading out of the house, telling Mom or Dad I'm getting together with (let's call him Billy)Friend"" were just going to ride bikes around" Mom replies, "ok but check-in in a couple hours"
Zane heads out knowing there is this killer tunnel that is being dug and wants to meet some buddies to check it out.
This is not told to Mom because of obvious consequences and reactions.
The kids meet, they are in the tunnel, messing around like 9 year olds do, when all of a sudden someone hits the wrong wall of the tunnel and it starts to collapse. Kids are running everywhere. Pandemonium ensues. Couple of kids run like hell out of there, leaving Zane getting covered with debris and "Billy" freaking out trying to dig his buddy out, but there is just too much dirt.

"Billy" just cant help his friend, because he has just experienced the most traumatic thing that any 9 year old can imagine and can't comprehend the outcome, so he freaks! Makes up a story. Not right, but I'd hate to be in his shoes through this.

Think before you write
Mike_D

Roseville, CA

#20 Mar 20, 2008
Sorry, props to Give me a break

Sorry Julie
Hey-

El Dorado Hills, CA

#21 Mar 20, 2008
You people need to actually READ the story before you make a comment. WTF!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#22 Mar 20, 2008
teachergirl wrote:
<quoted text>
This was posted before the up-dated article was released.

Prayers that this situation shall be resolved.
Blessings on all who have participated in the on-going investigation.
Pak31

Bolingbrook, IL

#23 Mar 20, 2008
American Infidel wrote:
Just think...if that kid had gone for help when the tunnel collapsed instead of making up a story about kidnapping, his friend might still be alive.
This is what happens when parents do not teach their children to take responsibility for their actions. Had these kids' parents taught them to be responsible, then they would not have lied. They are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, and now, his lies, his actions and failure to act has cost the life of his friend.
this is a costly lesson, and one that this child and even his parents will definately not learn. Instead, they will look to blame everyone else. There will be lawsuits against the people who made the tunnel, and God knows who else, when the blame lies solely on these children and their parents. Period.
I agree. I would think that an average child of that age would run for help and not try to hide it. Going for help seems like a natural, instinctive thing to do, strange that it didn't happen.
Pak31

Bolingbrook, IL

#24 Mar 20, 2008
Give me a break wrote:
We as parents teach our children right from wrong, but it's wisdom that we achieve over time. You must remind yourself that he was a scared 9 year old. Yes, if it were my child that died I'd be mad and thinking maybe if he had just told the truth my child would be alive, but in the end we must remember they are just children....and children do not have the logic and reasoning that (most) adults do.
You are compelety right about wisdom being acheived over time but we are not talking about wisdom here. It's basic right and wrong stuff that should be in a child's mind by the time they are 9. I agree though that at that age the reality of death isn't established yet and they may not have thought he would actually die but to leave him there and not tell anyone and make up an entire kidnapping story??? These youngsters much watch way too much reality t.v. for kids their age. Now these kids have to live with this forever.
community

Rancho Cordova, CA

#25 Mar 20, 2008
Those boys should be required to provide extensive community service for a very long period of time for lying to authorities. Their lie caused a lot of expense, and worry while a young life was taken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bakersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy ... 4 hr Bathsg 1
smoke dope while you lay back and get head Jan 15 Dericks Mom 4
swingers/ open couple (May '17) Jan 15 The Warden 6
Jaime gomez Jan 7 Jess 1
Former DA Ed Jagels Arrested For Child Molesting (Oct '11) Dec 31 JNH 5
Rick Spaulding Dec 30 KTS 1
Why do some people think Victory Outreach is a ... (Jun '10) Dec 30 Sisterinlaw1 387

Bakersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bakersfield Mortgages