Wasco State Prison Inmate Strangled in Cell

Jul 25, 2008 Full story: KGET-TV Bakersfield 44

An autopsy done on a Wasco State Prison inmate shows he was strangled. The inmate, Ruben Landeros, 33, was sent to prison from Bakersfield.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
USAJustice

Bakersfield, CA

#1 Jul 25, 2008
All of you liberalist that think this was just a poor gang member need to get a life. One person’s actions result in years of hate and discontent. I feel that this low life did not die slow enough, for the eight years of pain the victim and family has been enduring. From background information, no matter who would have attempted to help, Ruben was domed for life in prison. How many opportunities should scum get to correct their behavior? Criminals go to prison, and haven forbid, they do not get to select their cell mates. Justice works in mysterious ways. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, rape and get raped. Maybe he wouldn’t have been a career criminal, due to getting screwed, abused, assaulted and dehumanized.
babylove

Lake Arrowhead, CA

#2 Aug 6, 2008
people are truly ignorant. have you forgotten that ruben has a family who is suffering over his loss? an eye for an eye? im sure you're going to get yours too. i pitty USAJustice. you are ignorant. if you knew ruben landeros personally you know damn well he was accused of rape because his ex MELANIE had connections with the prison. mommy worked there. ruben never raped anyone. he was simply hated by that inconsiderate woman and her mother and if you belive in karma, lady its gonna come right back and bite you in the ass.
cali

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2008
babylove, Ruben was NOT in prison because of an ex. His record clearly shows he was a repeat offender!! And his victims were all different people- NOT RELATED! So before you go speading crap about someone who had nothing to do with his own behavior, you really should get your facts right. Ruben has been in and out of prison most of his adult life!!!! I bet his family is suffering, but why are you blaming one person??!! I don't think he should of died or that people should be happy that he is. And "USAjustice" an eye for an eye? It never said this guy killed anyone.?
BodiBaggz

Bakersfield, CA

#4 Aug 14, 2008
Though I feel sorrow for the family of Ruben, we must all remember we make the choices that put us where we go and are. If we could do things to make it better or start teaching our children how to make the right choices; we can start bettering our city, state, and country. Just keep praying for our country and the people in it.
vanesa pleas

Long Beach, CA

#5 Sep 14, 2008
i lost a son in wasco state prison due to medical negligence he was only in there for a fight no weapons no guns but got six years from longbeach court house that tried him as and adult and had no priors but ended up with a death sentence due to the inhuman treatment he receive he was a good son he did not deserve to die that way it has trumatize his intire family every morning i wake up i cry they dont know how much we hurt and never once did i recieve any condolacence from the prison.
maria estrada

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2008
im sorry to here that i have a son in prison and i know how you feel i cryed every night to why`ll he`s friend are out like nothing where is justice
vanesa pleas wrote:
i lost a son in wasco state prison due to medical negligence he was only in there for a fight no weapons no guns but got six years from longbeach court house that tried him as and adult and had no priors but ended up with a death sentence due to the inhuman treatment he receive he was a good son he did not deserve to die that way it has trumatize his intire family every morning i wake up i cry they dont know how much we hurt and never once did i recieve any condolacence from the prison.
jen

Fresno, CA

#7 Sep 22, 2008
i sent my boyfriend a letter and some pictures... but i didnt have a clue about having to write the inmates name and info on the back of each photo until one of his friend told me, i never done this stuff before...
are the pictures going to be sent back??
and what about the letter? someone, please tell me.
Amazed

UK

#8 Sep 23, 2008
maria estrada wrote:
im sorry to here that, I have a son in prison and I know how you feel. I cryed every night to why`ll his friends are out like nothing. Where is justice..?<quoted text>
So Maria,

It sounds like your not upset that your son broke the law and is now paying his debt to society, You sound like your angry because he didn't get away with it like his friends did...

Are these the values you taught in your home...?

You should be happy that God's is working in his life and providing him the second chance to reform his life...

His friends are still stuck in their life....
Amazed

UK

#9 Sep 23, 2008
vanesa pleas wrote:
I'm sure his victim would have said the same if he had lived also.

I'm sorry for both family's losses...

Goes to show the choices we make in life effect more than just our own.
Amazed

UK

#10 Sep 23, 2008
cali wrote:
babylove, Ruben was NOT in prison because of an ex. His record clearly shows he was a repeat offender!! And his victims were all different people- NOT RELATED! So before you go speading crap about someone who had nothing to do with his own behavior, you really should get your facts right. Ruben has been in and out of prison most of his adult life!!!! I bet his family is suffering, but why are you blaming one person??!! I don't think he should of died or that people should be happy that he is. And "USAjustice" an eye for an eye? It never said this guy killed anyone.?
Yes, that may be true, I would ventiure to say the Ruben's family was suffering by his actions long before this last stint in prison.

There is one bright side to all this... Ruben can longer hurt anyone else... including the ones he most likey hurt the most over his lifetime. His Family.
Ignorance

Redwood City, CA

#11 Sep 23, 2008
We all have choices in life and ignorance won't be tolerated. Everyone is innocent at birth. If you grow up and choose to do bad things then you know what you got coming to you. Parents that cry because their kids go to prison, well how did all that come to pass? Who do they look up to for guidance? The road to destruction had to start from somewhere. Oh yeah, it was his friends that made him do it! Bull, it was the parents that didn't check out his friends and identify the bad apples. This is todays world, you can't teach a old dog new tricks so start making things right when they are small. Quit being ignorant people!
Amazed

UK

#12 Sep 23, 2008
jen wrote:
i sent my boyfriend a letter and some pictures... but i didnt have a clue about having to write the inmates name and info on the back of each photo until one of his friend told me, i never done this stuff before...
are the pictures going to be sent back??
and what about the letter? someone, please tell me.
Jen,

You sound like a really nice girl.

Why don't you put that relationship on hold for a while and see what a nice law abiding man can contribute to a relationship.

Someone who can take you out and pay attention to you like you deserve to be treated. Someone who has a life that is going someplace with a job and a future that might want you to be a part of.

In situations like your boyfriend finds himself in right now, is his time for reflection and self determination. He should be seting his life in motion to be able to take care of himself.

He can't offer anything to a relationship right now and need to have some "alone" time to get his life straightened out. He's no good to anyone right now including himself and he really should not have any distractions until he can offer something to someone and contribute to a realtionship and not be just the one who is taking..

I wish you all the best life has to offer, But I doubt you will find it in a prison.
godsangel

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Dec 13, 2008
babylove wrote:
people are truly ignorant. have you forgotten that ruben has a family who is suffering over his loss? an eye for an eye? im sure you're going to get yours too. i pitty USAJustice. you are ignorant. if you knew ruben landeros personally you know damn well he was accused of rape because his ex MELANIE had connections with the prison. mommy worked there. ruben never raped anyone. he was simply hated by that inconsiderate woman and her mother and if you belive in karma, lady its gonna come right back and bite you in the ass.
you knew ruben???ur truly right can you get back at me? jokeawild09@yahoo.com
godsangel

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Dec 13, 2008
ruben was not a bad person, baby love is right he was accused and was in jail because of melanie,and her mother had hook ups in jail but like babylove said karma comes back around
george

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jan 9, 2009
prison aint easy but everyone in there got wat they deserves including me wen i was in
Proud Parent

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jan 13, 2009
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
So Maria,
It sounds like your not upset that your son broke the law and is now paying his debt to society, You sound like your angry because he didn't get away with it like his friends did...
Are these the values you taught in your home...?
You should be happy that God's is working in his life and providing him the second chance to reform his life...
His friends are still stuck in their life....
In a way i agree with you but coming from where she is I know how it is to to go through something where you know for a fact that the person that is being held accountable isn't at fault and yet those who are are simply living life like nothing has happened and yet there is that one person that thier live and thier loved one has changed becaue of it. You might or might not realize how many people are falsely accused and never were going down the wrong path to begin with but yet a felony or even better time away from society changes who they are and what they are going to become there is very few people willing to give and ex-con or a felon a second chance whatever the verdict was...
cali

Bakersfield, CA

#18 Jan 22, 2009
godsangel wrote:
ruben was not a bad person, baby love is right he was accused and was in jail because of melanie,and her mother had hook ups in jail but like babylove said karma comes back around
You are really NOT that smart are you?? Ruben was in jail before he met melanie! and went back AGAIN while he was with melanie...and even went back AGAIN after she left his ass!!! So sad how uneducated people are! I would say karma DID come around!! How proud you must be for trying to speak of something you have NO idea about!!
cali

Bakersfield, CA

#19 Jan 23, 2009
http://www.co.kern.ca.us/courts/crimcal/crim_...

This address will take you his criminal history!
Just type in last name Landeros. First name Ruben
Year of birth is 1974.
All 17 cases are his. It starts from his first crime in 2003 thru 2008. So who's fault did you say this was smarty??
right on

United States

#20 Jan 26, 2009
good bye loser. maybe they will choke some more of the losers.save the tax payers some more money.
amazon

Lancaster, CA

#21 Jan 27, 2009
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that may be true, I would ventiure to say the Ruben's family was suffering by his actions long before this last stint in prison.
There is one bright side to all this... Ruben can longer hurt anyone else... including the ones he most likey hurt the most over his lifetime. His Family.
bitch my brother never hurt my family this is her sister ignorant bitch stay out of peoples business go chase tornados in texas.get a life dumd shit you should not say stuff you dont know about. Do you know where your kids are at night bith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bakersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jana Wilber. Jana searcy Tue jana61119 3
any young ladies of legal age need a sugar daddy? Tue Disgusted 14
Why Bakersfield? Dec 19 Curious 1
in pain need lortab or pain med (Jul '11) Dec 19 Dr Feelgood 3
Attorney for accused Oildale shooter says clien... (Mar '12) Dec 19 nick 7
bakersfield police department uses excessive force (Mar '08) Dec 17 Jordan Kieth 99
Why do some people think Victory Outreach is a ... (Jun '10) Dec 15 tacarra b 284
Bakersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bakersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bakersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bakersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 pm PST