Customers left in the dark as World G...

Customers left in the dark as World Gym prepares to close

There are 5 comments on the Abilene Reporter-News story from Sep 8, 2006, titled Customers left in the dark as World Gym prepares to close. In it, Abilene Reporter-News reports that:

We greatly missed this column last week while on vacation. And when we came back to the office there was no shortage of tips and questions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Abilene Reporter-News.

Noel Courts

Burkburnett, TX

#1 Oct 23, 2006
I am/was/huh a member at World Gym, and need to get out of my contract but I can't because ABC Financial Services says they will open sometime. Well it has been almost three weeks and nothing. Is anyone else having the same problem??? How do I get out of my contract??? In the meantime where am I supposed to work out??
Paula

Abilene, TX

#2 Nov 20, 2006
Good luck, we went to power shack months ago before we knew world gym was closing. My husband was a member there for over 4 years (world gym)and we still could not get them to stop drafting our bank account this month is the first time we have not had a draft come out. We were told to send in a fax to cancel and it takes thirty days even though he was out of contract over a year ago. Then they tried to say they never got the fax, thankfully I had printed out a fax conformation sheet and now they are suppossed to send us $100.00 refund, well see if that ever happens. Anyway stay on top of it, I did hear that YMCA on Redbud was letting people work out there, but don't know if it's true! Good Luck!
Laura VanOssenbruggen

Twentynine Palms, CA

#3 Mar 16, 2007
YES MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A COMPLAINT ON WORLD GYM HERE Desert Hot Springs,we sign up for it ,but they had a small on here until they got moved etc, since we are not members they have been taking out $70 out of our account,i want it stop know,they are messing with our account and make it over drawning, i want the money back into the account right know,[we are senior citizens]and that is taking advatages of us will on our s.s,.we want it stop and the money but back into our account.
Laura VanOssenbruggen

Twentynine Palms, CA

#4 Mar 16, 2007
HOW DO WE GET OUT OF THE CONTRACT SINCE MY HUSBAND CAN NOT USE IT,AND THE MONEY BACK INTO ACCOUNT/
Abilene Young man

Lubbock, TX

#5 Mar 23, 2007
Call your bank have them block it, after sending them the letter stating that you are backing out of your contract due to their own breach of contract.

Worth a shot?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Largest maker of bump stocks will stop acceptin... Wed javawhey 128
Best neighborhoods and schools in Abilene? (Jan '10) Wed suggestion 5
Girl who doesn’t know dragonball Wed James 3
Lonely guy Apr 20 TheOtherGuy5000 1
Review: Midnight Video (Jul '13) Apr 9 Tys1226 3
Dwight Yoakum cry babys whiners Mar '18 Relaxed and chill... 1
News Dutch oven cooks put on a coal-fired display (Apr '10) Feb '18 LARGE FARTS 12

Baird Jobs

Personal Finance

Baird Mortgages