Boy does not survive crash injuries

Full story: The York Daily Record

Tristan Miller of Mount Wolf collided with a pickup while riding a skateboard. Article Last Updated: 11/07/2008 12:34:40 AM EST JoAnn Nesbit saw a pickup stopped in the middle of Maple Street in Mount Wolf ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sick

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

Are some of these details need for the story you sick vulture?
Parent of NE Student

Cockeysville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

Our hearts and prayers are with Tristan's family. We are so sorry for your loss.
Not again

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

That neighbor should be ashamed. Why would you publicly release such intimate details of this tragic event... shame on you....ironically enough you stated you want to respect the Miller's privacy at this time. Not true... you just told the whole world intimate details of this tragic event.. shame on you again.
NE Parent

New Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

Our thoughts and prayers are with Tristan's family, and with Brady as well. The whole town feels a loss.As to the details of the accident the neighbor and the paper should be ashamed. Tristan's family doesnt need those details out for the world to read. Show consideration for their grief.
tragic

New Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

Joann Nesbit is a glory hound who just wanted to see her name in the paper and appear to be the hero of the hour. It is disgusting that she would repeat the such details of Tristan's injuries. She should have shown respect and spoken to the family in private before speaking to the press. The loss of a child is a tragic life shattering thing. She is a disgrace to our community.
WOW

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

I can't believe someone would play out the last moments of this man's conscience life. How horrible. What business is it of yours to get press by putting out blow by blow details of how this young man suffered. You should be ashamed. You are no hero. You are a bad person who is seeking fame at the expense of Tristan and his family.
traveler

Hanover, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

So Sad for the Tristan family. Growing up safely is not easy. Kids do things that put themselves into jeopardy. Most of the time, they escape without incident. I'd wager every adult can think of an incident or two that could have ended disastrously.

I'm especially conerned about the 18 year old driver. He is blameless here. I hope he gets the counseling or help he needs to realize he has no culpability. My heart goes out to him. I've been in a simlar situation (snow sledder who came out of nowhere. between pine trees, across my driveway as I was leaving my home, child suffered a broken leg, requiring surgery and 3 months in a cast, but it could have been fatal had she been sledding head first)Sometimes accidnets are unavoidable.
Puzzled

Jonestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

Some of the Manchester & Mt Wolf parents of teens have complained when the Police chew out (not citing--just verbal warnings, mind you) their kids for riding skateboards in the streets. They don't think it is a big deal.

Maybe now they will see things differently.
Mother of 2

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

Shame on all who are criticizing Ms. Nesbit. As a parent myself, I wouldn't want to read these details either. However, maybe if someone else's parents see this, they will get a good taste of reality and realize that this could have happened to thier own child. We live in a world where everyone seems more interested in political correctness than the welfare of our children, maybe we all need a good kick in the pants to open our eyes. While this is an extremely tragic accident, my God uses all things for good. My heart truly goes out to this family at such a traumatic time. I just hope that they can hold that thier son is in a much better place --- one that we all should strive to enter.
Molly

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

This is not real journalism - it's sensationalistic. Shame on the York Daily Record for having no sensitivity or sensibility in their reporting. Merely because someone discusses details does not make those details newsworthy - they aren't.
Dwarfie4

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

I just drove through that area two evenings ago and there were 4 boys about 12 on the street. Two with bikes and the other two with skateboards. I have been told that there's really no law that says the kids can't do that. There is a law that says they must wear helmets until 12 years old but only on bikes. I know that kids will be kids but that is such a dangerous place for them to ride. I feel so bad for the parents and for Brady and his parents. They are all in my prayers. Maybe a skateboard park?? Seems like a good use of my tax money.
concerned mom

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

I am very sure that Ms.Nesbit was not trying to be a glory hog or trying to be disrespectful to the parents. I am almost a 100% sure that she is in shock and just answered the questions to the best of her ability.No I can't and I hope that no one has shown the article to my child who went to school with Tristan and was his friend. I feel that if anyone is to blam for the graffic nature of the article it is the newspaper co. I also ask that you all remember that a little boy just lost his life, and there are alot of kids right now that don't know how to deal with this so please show some respect to them and there parents with what you write
Sad

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

My heart and prayers go out to the family and the boy driving. Parents PLEASE make sure your children are made from little on up to wear a helmet. I have twin boys who are 12 that have been wearing helments since they could ride a bike. It is so nice when I see them leaving the house and I don't even have to remind them to wear a helment while on a bike or skateboard. They are so use to it that they don't even think about not putting one on.

Since: Nov 08

West Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Mother of 2 wrote:
Shame on all who are criticizing Ms. Nesbit. As a parent myself, I wouldn't want to read these details either. However, maybe if someone else's parents see this, they will get a good taste of reality and realize that this could have happened to thier own child. We live in a world where everyone seems more interested in political correctness than the welfare of our children, maybe we all need a good kick in the pants to open our eyes. While this is an extremely tragic accident, my God uses all things for good. My heart truly goes out to this family at such a traumatic time. I just hope that they can hold that thier son is in a much better place --- one that we all should strive to enter.
This should not be a lesson at the expence of Tristan's Parents. You as a mother should know that.
Mom in York

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Just an FYI, there is a skate park in York. It is free and open from 7am-10pm. It is located by the roller skating and ice skating rinks, near York Catholic High School. It is in memory of a little boy who died in a similar manner.
Dwarfie4 wrote:
I just drove through that area two evenings ago and there were 4 boys about 12 on the street. Two with bikes and the other two with skateboards. I have been told that there's really no law that says the kids can't do that. There is a law that says they must wear helmets until 12 years old but only on bikes. I know that kids will be kids but that is such a dangerous place for them to ride. I feel so bad for the parents and for Brady and his parents. They are all in my prayers. Maybe a skateboard park?? Seems like a good use of my tax money.
ayla

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Just as an FYI - in this case he was actually on his way home; so the existance of the skate park sadly would not have changed anything.
Shallow Brook Student

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

I feel so bad foe Tristan and everyone in the school, even the people that don't know him are very sad and some were in tears. It's just so hard to know that someone in your school died. And those people that are critizing JoAnn Nesbit, you shudn't be because if she wouldnt have helped, he could have died! And it isn't Brady Hess' fought he died either because Brady tryed everything he could not to hit Tristan! And after he did it he didn't go to school on Tuesday because he wouldn't go out of his house. Also he won't go near the truck he hit Tristan with! This is such tragic news and i'm very sad and was in tears! Pray for his family, as well as Brady's.
York Hospital

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

I work at York Hospital, where this young man was initally taken. We were all praying for him and his family. God Bless
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

why do you have to be so freakin graphic? don't you think that Brady isnt already feeling guilty enough? HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THESE FAMILIES!!!!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

sick wrote:
Are some of these details need for the story you sick vulture?
I agree...SHAME ON THE NEWSPAPER AND REPORTER!!! do you have no sense of respect for anyone???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Bainbridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bainbridge Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bainbridge People Search