Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Why dont you get it

Medina, OH

#9273 Sep 19, 2012
I really don't understand why you all fight? What is the point? The only times our nation has truly boomed has been when the nation come together.
Religious freedom is exactly that, a freedom.
Smoking was a choice, that has already been taken in many places.
Abortion is also a choice that shouldn't be funded by taxes or government but only by those who choose it.
My point is you don't have to agree with any of those things, but they are a freedom and we should fight for it.(freedom)
Why do we have to wear seat belts and helmets? Because the government said it was a safety issue.... Our troops fought so we could have a choice, now the choice is wear them or get a fine.... The government is the enemy, not each other, until you all understand that our nation will not thrive, it doesn't matter who, or what party takes over. The government is suppose to serve us and it can't because you guys want to sit here and split our country in four or five stereo types... We are one nation and we need to act like it!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9274 Sep 19, 2012
now this is Romney being hilarious

Romney: "I'D VOTE FOR OBAMA !!!" ???

&fe ature=related

“Don't quibble Sybil!”

Since: May 09

Trailer Park, USA

#9275 Sep 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
It has gotten awful quiet here all of a sudden. I figured the right wingers wouldn't cut and run until after election day.
Slow day, eh? Don't spend your pennies per post until you get them.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#9276 Sep 19, 2012
StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the 47%, Starry.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#9277 Sep 19, 2012
Why dont you get it wrote:
I really don't understand why you all fight? What is the point? The only times our nation has truly boomed has been when the nation come together.
Religious freedom is exactly that, a freedom.
Smoking was a choice, that has already been taken in many places.
Abortion is also a choice that shouldn't be funded by taxes or government but only by those who choose it.
My point is you don't have to agree with any of those things, but they are a freedom and we should fight for it.(freedom)
Why do we have to wear seat belts and helmets? Because the government said it was a safety issue.... Our troops fought so we could have a choice, now the choice is wear them or get a fine.... The government is the enemy, not each other, until you all understand that our nation will not thrive, it doesn't matter who, or what party takes over. The government is suppose to serve us and it can't because you guys want to sit here and split our country in four or five stereo types... We are one nation and we need to act like it!!
So basically we should all get along, as long as it agrees with your personal beliefs. The us and them American way has been going on as far back a Nixon calling everyone filthy hippies or Reagan stating that the counter culture looked like animals. Who was it that turned the National Guard on America's sons and daughters up in Kent? The liberals? We can't all be the glue that binds this nation like Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. That fact is, this country will never be as one again. As long as corporations are people and money is free speech, it will be the American people vs the money of the wealthy elite. As long as Supreme Court justices are having dinner with oil billionaire dominionists and oil lobby sponsored tea baggers are saying pipelines are "God's will", we will fight you tooth and nail.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#9278 Sep 19, 2012
Romney says seniors and vets can't take responsibility for their own lives. They see themselves as victims. Too bad most Romney voters were too busy trying to cast demons out of their brand new VCRs because they flash 12:00 over and over again or they could see what it is they are really supporting. They need to brush away the cobwebs on their eyes from watching Lawrence Welk and contact someone under the age of 50 that can clue them in. Conservative seniors, pick up your television remotes and make that call!
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#9279 Sep 19, 2012
StarryStarry wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to the paranoid shtick that we are getting paid to stop you from saying anything you want without opposition? If that were true, then that would mean we are actively earning money while you freeload on a work computer, at the cost of one of those job creators. Too bad, like everything you criticize Obama for, it's all just in your head.
Why dont you get it

Medina, OH

#9280 Sep 19, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically we should all get along, as long as it agrees with your personal beliefs. The us and them American way has been going on as far back a Nixon calling everyone filthy hippies or Reagan stating that the counter culture looked like animals. Who was it that turned the National Guard on America's sons and daughters up in Kent? The liberals? We can't all be the glue that binds this nation like Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. That fact is, this country will never be as one again. As long as corporations are people and money is free speech, it will be the American people vs the money of the wealthy elite. As long as Supreme Court justices are having dinner with oil billionaire dominionists and oil lobby sponsored tea baggers are saying pipelines are "God's will", we will fight you tooth and nail.
Really? That's is what you got from that?? Omg people read what is there I have no personal view what so ever in that post. The point was we need to stop fighting each other when it is the government taking everyone's freedoms. You have the right to smoke (I don't agree) but it is your right! You also have the right to have no reading comprehension.... So be it I guess.
Surely Templar

Canton, OH

#9281 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Really? That's is what you got from that?? Omg people read what is there I have no personal view what so ever in that post. The point was we need to stop fighting each other when it is the government taking everyone's freedoms. You have the right to smoke (I don't agree) but it is your right! You also have the right to have no reading comprehension.... So be it I guess.
I have plenty of reading comprehension. You said the government is the enemy and that abortion shouldn't be covered by tax money. You know, typical rightwing tea bagger stuff. That fact that you couldn't imagine anyone disagreeing with you, and that what you say is common knowledge we all agree on, sums up your agenda. Who really divided this nation and why do you overlook that fact? You are a rightwing conservative Christian voter. Am I wrong?
Why dont you get it

Medina, OH

#9282 Sep 19, 2012
Surely Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have plenty of reading comprehension. You said the government is the enemy and that abortion shouldn't be covered by tax money. You know, typical rightwing tea bagger stuff. That fact that you couldn't imagine anyone disagreeing with you, and that what you say is common knowledge we all agree on, sums up your agenda. Who really divided this nation and why do you overlook that fact? You are a rightwing conservative Christian voter. Am I wrong?
No not right or left wing I believe in the people not a party. People disagree all the time, that is their right (and my point) I don't believe abortion is wrong, I just don't believe that is what taxes are for, they are for school, roads and anything else a community as a whole can benefit from. I think welfare is out of control, but is very much needed. I also believe you have the right to disagree, however my original post is not about agreeing with each other. It's about understanding that we can think different, live different, but still have the same goal.(for our nation to grow and not be a third world country) for example what does being gay have to do with anything? Nothing but that one word will split people in two groups 1 for, 2 against. Why?? They have every right to be gay, you have every right not to like it... Big deal move on to what is really important.
Falcon

Minford, OH

#9283 Sep 19, 2012
Democrats will have to stand before God one day! good luck!
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#9284 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
No not right or left wing I believe in the people not a party. People disagree all the time, that is their right (and my point) I don't believe abortion is wrong, I just don't believe that is what taxes are for, they are for school, roads and anything else a community as a whole can benefit from. I think welfare is out of control, but is very much needed. I also believe you have the right to disagree, however my original post is not about agreeing with each other. It's about understanding that we can think different, live different, but still have the same goal.(for our nation to grow and not be a third world country) for example what does being gay have to do with anything? Nothing but that one word will split people in two groups 1 for, 2 against. Why?? They have every right to be gay, you have every right not to like it... Big deal move on to what is really important.
Do you honestly believe this nation will ever unite again?
Why dont you get it

Norwalk, OH

#9285 Sep 19, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe this nation will ever unite again?
I believe it could, and thats why I fight for it. Is it likely? No. But at one time there were 9 planets, and the world was flat...(over used I know but it is still good.) 9/11 was probably as close of an union as most of us have ever seen. If we can't come together on our own, I know their are terrorist who will love to helps us try again. I just don't want that outcome again.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#9286 Sep 19, 2012
'The Recovery Is Here,'

Reports Underemployed Man Making $20,000 Less Than He Used To

CARBONDALE, IL—Citing the fact that he's now able to make the minimum payment on his credit cards each month and is back in the workforce making $20,000 less than when he was laid off in 2009, 43-year-old Tom Baker declared Tuesday that the economy was recovering by leaps and bounds.

"The tide is turning!" said the man who had to sell his four-bedroom home for less than what he owed on it and move his wife and three children to a cramped apartment 800 miles away.

"My company just hired 50 skilled contract employees with a guaranteed eight months of paid employment.

America is back!" Baker said that if the economic turnaround continues, he may be able to save enough money to send at least one of his children in for a dental checkup.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#9287 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
I believe it could, and thats why I fight for it. Is it likely? No. But at one time there were 9 planets, and the world was flat...(over used I know but it is still good.) 9/11 was probably as close of an union as most of us have ever seen. If we can't come together on our own, I know their are terrorist who will love to helps us try again. I just don't want that outcome again.
Hasn't all politics really come down to those that want to force religion into our government and those that feel it has no place there? Haven't you wondered why Republicans, that used to make sense in the fact that they protected the interests of the wealthy, now consistantly take stands on things like abortion, which has nothing to do with what they used to stand for, or gay marriage, which has nothing to do with what they used to stand for. These are religious issues being catered to. Even if it is just a scheme to get support, what's it doing in our nation's politics? These issues have little to do with day to day life. Think about Fox News and the "War on Christmas". More catering to Christianity. We all know it. Both right and left. It's why there is so much talk about Israel in our politics. What, other than the fact that Christians believe the Jews to be God's chosen people, does Israel have to do with our elections here in the United States?
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#9288 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
\
What has held up human progress for centuries? It wasn't science that flew those planes into the towers. Who would burn you at the stake for claiming the world wasn't flat or that there are 9 planets, if this were a different age? The same kooks that think America will cease to exist if Obama gets re-elected. The same kooks that have their noses up everyone's asses but their own. The same kooks that magically stopped being rightwing Christian conservatives, out of shame for voting for Bush, and suddenly became the Tea Party.(Also see- rightwing Christian conservatives)
Why dont you get it

Savannah, OH

#9289 Sep 19, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Hasn't all politics really come down to those that want to force religion into our government and those that feel it has no place there? Haven't you wondered why Republicans, that used to make sense in the fact that they protected the interests of the wealthy, now consistantly take stands on things like abortion, which has nothing to do with what they used to stand for, or gay marriage, which has nothing to do with what they used to stand for. These are religious issues being catered to. Even if it is just a scheme to get support, what's it doing in our nation's politics? These issues have little to do with day to day life. Think about Fox News and the "War on Christmas". More catering to Christianity. We all know it. Both right and left. It's why there is so much talk about Israel in our politics. What, other than the fact that Christians believe the Jews to be God's chosen people, does Israel have to do with our elections here in the United States?
Yes, that's why I don't think being on a side is what the people need. I mean (let's use Xmas) if you say merry christmas to someone and they don't believe in it, why can't they simply respond happy holidays? Why do we (as the people) not accept the fact that not everyone will believe what we do. Had we treated it this way the government wouldn't have to step in.( minus them telling state/government funded agencies they couldn't display any religious items) instead we fight with each other over it.
Che Reagan Christ

Akron, OH

#9290 Sep 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, that's why I don't think being on a side is what the people need. I mean (let's use Xmas) if you say merry christmas to someone and they don't believe in it, why can't they simply respond happy holidays? Why do we (as the people) not accept the fact that not everyone will believe what we do. Had we treated it this way the government wouldn't have to step in.( minus them telling state/government funded agencies they couldn't display any religious items) instead we fight with each other over it.
Who picks that fight? The "War on Christmas" is a fight formulated by the right and Fox News in order to keep the sheep Jesus freaks in line. The only people worked up over that are right wing Jesus freaks. No one else gives a rat's ass if someone says Merry Christmas.
Che Reagan Christ

Akron, OH

#9291 Sep 19, 2012
Oh, lookie here. Another GOP tempest in a teapot.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/19/us/us-fast-furi...
Why dont you get it

Savannah, OH

#9292 Sep 19, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>\
What has held up human progress for centuries? It wasn't science that flew those planes into the towers. Who would burn you at the stake for claiming the world wasn't flat or that there are 9 planets, if this were a different age? The same kooks that think America will cease to exist if Obama gets re-elected. The same kooks that have their noses up everyone's asses but their own. The same kooks that magically stopped being rightwing Christian conservatives, out of shame for voting for Bush, and suddenly became the Tea Party.(Also see- rightwing Christian conservatives)
So you agree or disagree with me? I agree with half of what your saying but you forget that both "parties" are to blame. Both "parties" look at the other for blame when in reality it's our fault for allowing it to happen. People have become lazy, and no longer stand side by side, why? Because we don't have the same religion? Sexual behavior? Morals? Parties? It's easier to blame then to stand up and say enough is enough. To put our differences aside and stand for what everyone really wants. I believe at the root everyone wants the same thing for our nation but nobody can put aside the little things to look at the big picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Sean cawood smoke meth 25 min Peter puffer 3
Julie Moore 31 min ralph 4
Lynzie Johnson (Feb '17) 13 hr Brittney 22
paul mullet (Oct '13) Sun ROTAN 3
Todd Patrick (Jan '17) Nov 18 It doesnt matter 6
Squatch (Jun '16) Nov 14 Guest 40
Steve Martin what happen to him Nov 11 Spec 1

Bainbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance