ga factory for the blind

ga factory for the blind

Posted in the Bainbridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
confused

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jul 5, 2011
whats going on at that place of work.most everone has been laid off or work 3 days or 4 days a week then work ever other week. looks like bad management. u would think some one from the state would look into whats going on. if that place shuts down where are all those blind people going to work. mayb the state rep will come in and roll some heads.
santa

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jul 5, 2011
i exspected it to go down when i heard they hired sum of those shaw rejects. they got a mechanic out of the back and moved him n office.it wont never turn around as long as he is there.
lilac lizzie

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jul 5, 2011
I hope they don't close. Those employees need their jobs and it will be hard to replace that kind of job around here. When is everybody going to snap out of their trances and see the bigger picture of what is happening to our nation? The ecomony is in the tank and believe it or not our community is feeling the sting. Or at least some of us are.
Joe

United States

#4 Jul 5, 2011
Its called budget cuts stupid! The state is broke the fed govt is broke when you dumb ass whiny ass people going to finally get it! The party is over! They have spent money we don't have till the shits about to really hit the fan! Wait till later this year when then govt really shuts down big time! Markets will crash your money won't be worth shit and the old folks will all say we told you so! Why because they have lived through a time when govt did the same thing called the depression! But the media will call it double dip recession! Either way your homes land cars money banks all will be worthless then you will see hopey change in its real form!
Fed up

United States

#5 Jul 5, 2011
If the people siting up in front . Get up off there butts and do some work . And stop treating the blind like dogs . This would not be going on mike Jakson walk around like he is God him and Kelvin but your day is comeing they want even speak but let some big dog come you can't beat them to from kiss butt o yes don't leave good old Freddie out and Sharon . See what you all get you treat those people out there like dog . So now it's your time
santa

Toronto, Canada

#6 Jul 5, 2011
they r budget cuts joe but thats not all the problem out there but i beleive the state rep will look into any wrong doings with state funds. if u r one of the ones out there reeping the benefits,u r the stupid one, the state rep will take care of u
long time gone

Toronto, Canada

#7 Jul 6, 2011
i have been reading all of these post bout this factory,it saddens my heart.that factory has been a vital workplace for many years for the blind,without it they would b truly lost. i have made numerous phone calls to past an present employees,some will talk some wont.but after talking to who would talk to me i am convinced they r some problems.i kno the state is cutting where ever they can, but that is only part of it. i understand they r one person that has had trouble with nearly ever woman working there. i am not going to get into name calling but i prey that mr jim will take it on his own to look into these allegations,i kno he is very busy.but i also kno he has a good heart. may god b with yall
Mad Lady

Leesburg, GA

#8 Jul 7, 2011
There are lots of problems going on at the Blind Factory. One they need to look at the Management team. They post jobs and they always put one of there friends in the job. The state needs to come and have a talk with Kevin and Mike. Find out why there are no Minority in management. I bet most of the people in management are fishing and hunting buddy. I really hope the state step in and check this place out.
gone

Leesburg, GA

#9 Jul 7, 2011
Do anyone from the State read these. I was laid off after 12 yrs. Have a degree but never given the chance at the Blind factory. They couldnt pay me to come back unless they change the management around they let the good apple go and kept the bad apple.
gone

Leesburg, GA

#10 Jul 7, 2011
Fed up wrote:
If the people siting up in front . Get up off there butts and do some work . And stop treating the blind like dogs . This would not be going on mike Jakson walk around like he is God him and Kelvin but your day is comeing they want even speak but let some big dog come you can't beat them to from kiss butt o yes don't leave good old Freddie out and Sharon . See what you all get you treat those people out there like dog . So now it's your time
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. MIKE ALWAYS WALKING AROUND HIDING IN CORNERS TRING TO CATCH YOU DOING SOMETHING WRONG. ACTS LIKE HE'S TO GOOD TO SPEAK, BUT IF SOMEONE COMES DOWN FROM THE STATE HE ACTS LIKE YOU AND HIM ARE BUDDY. HOPE THINGS CHANGE SOON.
Informed

Snellville, GA

#11 Jul 8, 2011
Let's add some facts to this discussion.
Fact 1 - The name of this business is Georgia Industries for the Blind (GIB).
Fact 2 - As of July 1, 2011, GIB no longer receives ANY money from the state - ZERO! This business is 100% reliant on the sale of its products and services. NO STATE ASSISTANCE!
Fact 3 - Over 90% of the revenue generated at GIB comes from sales to the federal government. Anyone paying attention to the financial crises with the feds? You don't think that affects GIB's income?
Fact 4 - Working 4 day weeks is better than shut down. Look at what has happened at Bainbridge's Industrial Park!! Amoco is gone, Traco is gone, American Fibers is gone and Shaw is 60% less than what it used to be. I know GIB management is trying hard to not reduce any more work hours but the warehouses are full. Thankfully, GIB is entering its historically busy season.
Fact 5 - Those so-called "Shaw rejects" have pulled GIB from losing money each year with only 60% of the production work performed by blind workers to making money each year with over 90% of the production work performed by blind workers.
Fact 6 - In the last 2 years GIB has added 3 operting sites - Albany with 30 employees, Warner Robins with 5 employees and Pendergrass with 4 employees. Has anyone else expanded like this?

I understand the nature of this site and that folks are going to gripe no matter the facts. But let's at least put the facts out there.
man about town

Norman Park, GA

#12 Jul 8, 2011
Mad Lady wrote:
There are lots of problems going on at the Blind Factory. One they need to look at the Management team. They post jobs and they always put one of there friends in the job. The state needs to come and have a talk with Kevin and Mike. Find out why there are no Minority in management. I bet most of the people in management are fishing and hunting buddy. I really hope the state step in and check this place out.
yeah call the prez and bro Holder. they make it rite.
Leroy

Albany, GA

#13 Jul 8, 2011
What kind of blinds do they make there?
FLOYD THE BARBER

Tallahassee, FL

#14 Jul 8, 2011
Leroy wrote:
What kind of blinds do they make there?
it sounds like they make too many, one report said the warehouse is full. But that blind business has always been up and down.
santa

Toronto, Canada

#15 Jul 8, 2011
sounds like mr or mrs informed is working under someones umbrella, but all i hear is propaganda. if those shaw rejects are so hot why is the miral so bad out there. and why havent they put those big brains together and started producing more products.since when did anything owned by the state ever manage to run own its own.souns like u pissing on us and u want us to beleive its raining.or better yet let those two brains go back to shaw and pull them out of that hole that they help put them in an leave those blind people alone
gone

Leesburg, GA

#16 Jul 9, 2011
santa wrote:
sounds like mr or mrs informed is working under someones umbrella, but all i hear is propaganda. if those shaw rejects are so hot why is the miral so bad out there. and why havent they put those big brains together and started producing more products.since when did anything owned by the state ever manage to run own its own.souns like u pissing on us and u want us to beleive its raining.or better yet let those two brains go back to shaw and pull them out of that hole that they help put them in an leave those blind people alone
they think everyone out there is dumb accept them. plus no one will step up and say anything afraid of losing there job. This goes for the management team also. MJ or KK do what ever they want.
Fed up

United States

#17 Jul 11, 2011
You can say what you want . Mike Jackson and the rest of the get along crew is the reason thing are so bad . They will post a job but they are ready know who will get it . But mike don't get me wrong how far did you go in school o I for got you have a GED . There is nothing wrong with that but how did you move up so fast tell me . Is that what you say when you trim people down for a job . You did not have enough . And Sharon if you stop being so two face and going behind people back you would
gone

Leesburg, GA

#18 Jul 11, 2011
Fed up wrote:
You can say what you want . Mike Jackson and the rest of the get along crew is the reason thing are so bad . They will post a job but they are ready know who will get it . But mike don't get me wrong how far did you go in school o I for got you have a GED . There is nothing wrong with that but how did you move up so fast tell me . Is that what you say when you trim people down for a job . You did not have enough . And Sharon if you stop being so two face and going behind people back you would
Hey Fed UP, are you joking MJ has a GED, damn no wonder he only hires his buddies.
tickled pink

Leesburg, GA

#19 Jul 11, 2011
I think the blind factory is doing a good job for people. They might make some bad decision, but its ok we all do. This is how we learn from making mistake. If i was the boss, I would run it the same way. only thing different is, I can't stand people who suck up to me. People, just be yourself and do your job.
Fed up

Winter Garden, FL

#20 Jul 16, 2011
Go check that all mike has . They only move their friends up . And the ones that kiss and tell. I pray some one from the state come in and pick who they what them to talk to . so they can see how the blind and the ones that not blind get treated . They laid all those people off . But what I don't understand is no one up front was laid off Kevin your on Top now and said your never work for any that is not white be care for of what you say the devil can't save you son

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember them (Aug '10) 3 hr Go back to Columbus 132
Ku Klux Klan National Office in Bainbridge (Mar '10) 18 hr Jay 263
WHITE Family (Nov '16) Tue Iknow 4
Commissioners Number 13 Mon Suckered 5
Job Openings For Decater County Administration ... Sun Afraid Commission... 12
Decatur County Employment Law Litigation Sun Fat Biotch sux ddd 6
Hillary and Obama supporters (Aug '16) Aug 18 Tax payer 20

Bainbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bainbridge Mortgages