searching for lyrics to an old gospel...

searching for lyrics to an old gospel song

Posted in the Bainbridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 16, 2011
Could someone help me with finding the lyrics to this song? I remember some of the words went like this. When is He coming for me, whrn brothers turn against brothers and sisters no longer agree. When parents turn children away from their home, that's when He's coming for me. Does anyone out there no this song? If so, would you please let me know? Thank you.
When is HE coming for Me

Damascus, GA

#2 Dec 16, 2011
Is that what you're looking for?

Location hidden

#3 Dec 16, 2011
When is HE coming for Me wrote:
Is that what you're looking for?
I think that's the name of the song. If I remember correctly it start's out something like, Two sister's fighting...If you know this would you please let me know. Thank you so much.
Nosmo King

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Dec 16, 2011
Wrote a song about it, Want to here it, here it go:

When is he coming fo me,
I get my check every month fo free,
I don't work cause of my health,
But have plenty cause Obama be spreadin the wealth,
Oh, Lawd, when is he coming fo me.
When is He coming again

San Francisco, CA

#5 Dec 16, 2011
When is HE Coming Again?

1st verse:

Blood flows like water today on the streets.

Brother fighting his brother.

Nobody knows what they're fighting about.

They only know they hate one another.

2nd verse:

Two sisters quarreling their last bitter words.

Breaking the heart of their mother.

Neither one willing to take on the blame.

Not enough love for each other.

3rd verse:

When men speak of peace the good book declares

That sudden destruction is coming.

The saints will rejoice all marching for home.

Knowing that the great day is dawning.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 16, 2011
That sounds just like the song I'm talking about! Is that the whole song?
cis

Newcastle, OK

#7 Jan 21, 2013
biliebob wrote:
That sounds just like the song I'm talking about! Is that the whole song?
My uncle sings this song from time to time..He said Jimmy Swaggard sang it back in the day. He said that J.S. quit singing it because people thought it was too harsh. I love this song. I searched for it on J.S web site and could'nt find it. Maybe my Uncle was mistaken about the J.S being the orig. singer..? If someone finds this song please post details
Here it is

Bainbridge, GA

#8 Jan 21, 2013
cis wrote:
<quoted text> My uncle sings this song from time to time..He said Jimmy Swaggard sang it back in the day. He said that J.S. quit singing it because people thought it was too harsh. I love this song. I searched for it on J.S web site and could'nt find it. Maybe my Uncle was mistaken about the J.S being the orig. singer..? If someone finds this song please post details
Charlie Louvin sings that song. Not Jimmy Swaggert... He sounds like Jimmy. Here is a link to hear him

http://www.myspace.com/officialcharlielouvin/...
cis

Newcastle, OK

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Thank You!
Fred Newsome

Leesburg, GA

#10 May 26, 2013
biliebob wrote:
Could someone help me with finding the lyrics to this song? I remember some of the words went like this. When is He coming for me, whrn brothers turn against brothers and sisters no longer agree. When parents turn children away from their home, that's when He's coming for me. Does anyone out there no this song? If so, would you please let me know? Thank you.
just type the words u know into google
emb

Kingston, Jamaica

#11 Jul 14, 2013
Can someone help me find the lyrics for this song? It goes like this "you are free your faith has made you whole......" I tried Google but no help
emb

Kingston, Jamaica

#12 Jul 14, 2013
Can some one help me finding the lyrics for this song. "You are free your faith has made you whole.........." I tried Google but no help

“Conservative not Republican”

Since: Mar 09

Myrtle Beach, SC

#13 Jul 17, 2013
A Song "Blind Bartemaeus" by The McKameys has a line "Go Thy Way, Thy Faith Has Made Thee Whole"
Don

Hodgenville, KY

#14 Sep 6, 2013
Looking for old hymn with these words...he'll hear you when you pray...drive all your fears away...turn darkness into day...that's what he can do
Darryl Davis

Sacramento, CA

#15 Nov 9, 2013
I'm looking for the song title of the old lady at the bus stop who had been evicted from her home and nobody and or her son wouldn't help.
Glen Frazier

Waynesboro, TN

#16 Jan 26, 2014
An old song my dad sang by his stripes ye were healed. Some of the lyrics were, we like sheep were gone astray and we have turned to our own way. St. Peter wrote it in his book. I just remember pieces.
shooter jennings

Crawfordville, FL

#17 Jan 27, 2014
Darryl Davis wrote:
I'm looking for the song title of the old lady at the bus stop who had been evicted from her home and nobody and or her son wouldn't help.
here are a few:

"These bags are heavy"
"I only missed one payment"
"Hey big man, let me hold a dollar"
"Don't care much bout my furniture, but I will sure miss the cat"
loveJesus

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands

#18 Dec 4, 2014
Hi Please:
I am looking for a song with the lyrics :
Peace be still
peace be still
you are my journey's end
the road has been rocky the skies have been blue...
I am unable to remember the rest of the lyrics. I am also unable to find the remaining lyrics, artist or the whole song itself anywhere..
I also don't know the the artist.
Thank you
KaelinCMurphy

Peachtree City, GA

#19 Apr 1, 2015
Dottie Rambo wrote and sang this song, "When is He Coming Again. My brother and I used to sing it and recorded it on one of our albums back in the 70's.
dptdawg216

Muscle Shoals, AL

#20 May 26, 2015
KaelinCMurphy wrote:
Dottie Rambo wrote and sang this song, "When is He Coming Again. My brother and I used to sing it and recorded it on one of our albums back in the 70's.
The artist I remember singing this song was big in 70's named Stephan something, died very young. Never heard Dottie or your version. I would give anything if I could find that album of Stephan I had. Truly amazing album. This song and God help me understand, were my two favorite songs of all time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Consulting engineer 3 hr Anonymous 1
Turner Broadband 10 hr My Two Cents 18
While You Were Cruisin..... 12 hr Friend of Bubbles 11
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 17 hr GEORGIA 911
News Off Price Furniture giving up prime corner for ... 21 hr Will Dockery 1
anna roberts Mon haveaheart 4
Deputies never serve time????? Sun COEN9540 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bainbridge Mortgages