How safe is the Flint River?

Jun 20, 2013 Read more: WFXL-TV Fox 31 8

With the recent case of a flesh-eating bacteria in a nearby town, the question was brought up about how safe our own Flint River is here in Dougherty County.

Read more
rolling on the river

Bainbridge, GA

#1 Jun 21, 2013
wonder how safe the water is here?
Say you didnt

Alexander City, AL

#2 Jun 21, 2013
rolling on the river wrote:
wonder how safe the water is here?
Good God! These Idiots don't even know how to spell and you want them to give you a chemical analysis? What an Idiot!
idiot in training

Bainbridge, GA

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Say you didnt wrote:
<quoted text>Good God! These Idiots don't even know how to spell and you want them to give you a chemical analysis? What an Idiot!
who don't know how to spell and what does spelling have to do with performing a chemical analysis on river water to detect the possibility of flesh eating bacteria? please educate this idiot so I can obtain a higher understanding of your analysis of this situation with the water quality of the Flint River in Bainbridge.
wrong answer

Bainbridge, GA

#4 Jun 21, 2013
idiot in training wrote:
<quoted text>who don't know how to spell and what does spelling have to do with performing a chemical analysis on river water to detect the possibility of flesh eating bacteria? please educate this idiot so I can obtain a higher understanding of your analysis of this situation with the water quality of the Flint River in Bainbridge.
Your the idiot that started this topix and I don't think anybody on Topix in this area is qualified to give a honest answer. Why don't you direct your question to the ones that are qualified to give you an answer or keep your ass on land and out of the water.
idiot in training

Bainbridge, GA

#5 Jun 21, 2013
why don't you go beat your head against the wall some more? my, my, what an angry stance you have taken to such a simplistic question about the quality of water in the Flint River. Who are "ones" you speak of and perhaps I will contact them for a qualified opinion, which you obviously are not able to supply. I take it that you were the spelling bee champion in kindergarten. Is that analysis correct or am I completely lost regarding your interpretation of the simple question which started this discussion?

P.S. Love you, mean it!
Anonymous

Tifton, GA

#6 Jul 1, 2013
plenty of people go boating, skiing, tubing and swimming on the Flint River every weekend with no problems. While I feel sorry for the people who have been affected by viral and bacterial infections in Georgia, I believe the actual risk of it happening to an individual is minimal.

Wear your life jacket and don't boat under the influence.
Obama Mama

Bainbridge, GA

#7 Jul 1, 2013
The smell test is a good way to check water quality, stick your head at least 6 inches under water and take a couple whiffs. If it smells like smoke stay out..
Just sayn

Griffin, GA

#8 Jul 1, 2013
The river is perfectly safe, of course that's only if you don't get tangled up in the fence that the good Dr. John B Reynolds has stretched from one end to the other. Bet a million bucks he don't pay taxes on the sandbar but yet THINKS he owns it, just sayn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hmm sky powers? 1 hr yourclassycousins 29
truck-washout-trash-tawanna&sky 1 hr betterthanu 1
Why are black people so full of hate? 4 hr KindnessGoesALongWay 23
Bikefest Declining (Sep '13) 7 hr pork chop 31
Mr. Pips water in gas 8 hr woop 1
guys 12 hr maybe 54
piano lessons 12 hr 39817abc 1
More from around the web

Bainbridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE