Fishers of Men AKA Brothers Keeper

Posted in the Bainbridge Forum

Cecil DeMille

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Sep 10, 2012
What ever happened with this? Did the people that invested money ever get a return on their investment? Never heard much about it, just curious.
Cecil DeMille

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Sep 11, 2012
I guess no one wants to disclose how much money they made, If I remember correctly there were some pretty big donors. I am just wondering if I did the right thing by not investing my money. Does anyone out there know how much was made?
Cecil DeMille

Tallahassee, FL

#3 Sep 11, 2012
OK, let's try a different approach. How much did the investors for the movie get scammed? Please pick one:

A. All of it.

B. All of it.

C. All of it.

Former TMTer

Valdosta, GA

#4 Sep 11, 2012
Yes, you did. ZERO back to investors at this point except a small kickback from Georgia tax credit for filming in Georgia.
Otherwise, nothing and not looking bright
Cecil DeMille

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Sep 11, 2012
Thanks for your input. Too bad for the investors drive-ins are not popular anymore.
anonymous

Valdosta, GA

#6 Sep 14, 2012
this movie is probably never coming out, and if it does it will be sold on DVDs out of Christian book stores and local churches. Kind of a shame.
just saying

Atlanta, GA

#7 Sep 20, 2012
I went to the premiere and watched it and it wasnt bad at all, it was actually alot better than i thought it would be. Had a good story line.
Cecil DeMille

Tallahassee, FL

#8 Sep 20, 2012
All I could think about when I was contacted was two things, the time the whole town of Mayberry went up to the shoe salesman's motel room and of course the movie "The Music Man". I am curious however as to why Bainbridge was picked for this movie. Does anyone know the details of how this came about?
Former TMTer

Valdosta, GA

#9 Sep 20, 2012
The IDA executive director had worked with film industry prior in other city is how Bainbridge got selected. It was a nice shot in the arm economically for it to be filmed in Bainbridge
Joe

Crawfordville, FL

#10 Sep 20, 2012
Cecil DeMille wrote:
All I could think about when I was contacted was two things, the time the whole town of Mayberry went up to the shoe salesman's motel room and of course the movie "The Music Man". I am curious however as to why Bainbridge was picked for this movie. Does anyone know the details of how this came about?
Ax the mayor.
anonymous

Valdosta, GA

#11 Oct 24, 2012
Bainbridge got picked for the movie because it is on the Flint River, which is mentioned in the short story the movie is based on. As for why us and not Columbus, two reasons:

1) Our downtown still looks like the 1950s.

2) We have a lot of people willing to write checks for a faith-based film.
WELL

Albany, GA

#12 Oct 24, 2012
so the movie still isnt out yet??
benotdismayed

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Oct 22, 2013
Hey everyone, the movie is being released on Nov 1st at select theaters around the US, including the following cities:
BOAZ, AL HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA SIMI VALLEY, CA FORT MYERS, FL TALLAHASSEE, FL - ALPHARETTA, GA AURORA, IL MONROE, MI SPRINGFIELD, MO FORT WORTH, TX THE WOODLANDS, TX
Here's the Fandango link: http://www.fandango.com/brotherskeeper_168519...
Here's a link to the film's website: http://brotherskeeperfilm.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hmm sky powers? 1 hr Amber Clinton 6
Kasey Smith 5 hr blah blah 1
When will the truth be revealed about BPS 5 hr snickerz 12
Bainbridge Humane Society Tue Yeah 2
FBI dcso deputies indicted (Jul '14) Tue Justice 369
Judge Cato Mar 2 Justsayjn 14
Brandon Darley Mar 1 Huh 14
Bainbridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bainbridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:49 am PST

NFL 6:49AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?
Bleacher Report 1:44 PM
Jaguars' Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
NBC Sports 8:50 AM
Report: Falcons sign LB Nate Stupar to one-year deal
Bleacher Report11:44 AM
Falcons Release Photos of New Stadium Progress