new stop at douglas dr and boxwood

Posted in the Bainbridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oreo

Albany, GA

#1 Mar 19, 2013
What is with this, a through street since the original owners of the land deeded it over to the city many years ago, has always been open to through traffic with little incedent, so why now, well, they, two households, complain to chris hobby,he says of complaints for citizens concern with people walking in the area and traffic. Seems that the major complaint came from a resturant owner that lives on that corner that Mr Hobby is a frequent patrion,and that also employes his wife for the city...hum, got your attention yet? Contacted Ms Rosald Palmer which had no clue what was going on, and now seems that she is siding with the city manager, maybe we should put 4way stops in her neighborhood or the the speed "humps" to curb speeding. come on guys, this road has been there for ever. what you have done is create a safety hazard and the first person that that gets rear ended will own Bainbridge. Think about what you have done for a very few people and what it has the potintal to cost you..........
Agrees

Bainbridge, GA

#2 Mar 19, 2013
I really agree, it was totally stupid to turn that intersection into a four way. I can't ever remember an accident there but I'm pretty sure there will be soon. Typical Bainbridge
From the Stands

Bainbridge, GA

#3 Mar 19, 2013
Great example of the worse kind of governance.

Fixing something that wasn't broken with money that isn't theirs all with absolutely no input from the people they were elected to serve, pitiful and disgraceful.

Shame on whoever made the decision.
Douglas Drive Resident

Oxford, GA

#4 Mar 20, 2013
As someone who lives on Douglas Drive and has frequently complained about speeders risking their life, my kids lives and my life I applaud the city for putting the needs of the residents first. If you don't live on this street you have no idea what we have put up with. This is a residential street and not a highway!!!! If you frequently had speeders and a high volume of traffic on your neighborhood street you would hope and pray that the city would look out for you too. Shame on you for bitching about a 2 second delay. What's your hurry?
From the Stands

Hogansville, GA

#5 Mar 20, 2013
Burdening hundreds of people with a stop sign so that a select few don't have to watch speeders go by their house is not in the best interest if all.

There are more effective ways to stop speeders, speeding tickets.

I wouldn't recommend you or your family standing in the street just because you have a new stop sign nearby.
Phil Shiffley

Cordele, GA

#6 Mar 20, 2013
I live on Longleaf Dr. and think it is the dumbest thing I have ever seen the city do. I was wondering who's butt they were kissing. Stupid is as stupid does.
Gary

Albany, GA

#7 Mar 20, 2013
I don't hear none of yall complaining about the new 4 way stop they put out in the ghetto on Water street and Boulevard Drive. Exact same situation and put up on the same day. Why don't you complain about that?

And don't tell me its not as high a traffic area because it is with the Hutto school right there.

Quit your complaining and remember to come to a complete stop.
LOL

Albany, GA

#8 Mar 20, 2013
Phil Shiffley wrote:
I live on Longleaf Dr. and think it is the dumbest thing I have ever seen the city do. I was wondering who's butt they were kissing. Stupid is as stupid does.
That's the dumbest thing you've ever seen the city do? Give it a few hours.
BHS Alum

Albany, GA

#9 Mar 20, 2013
$100 speeding tickets would have fixed the speeding issue and helped with the $4million city hall and SUV for the manager.
Its ridiculous. I drive it EVERY day, and have since it was cut through. Now we will have accidents to contend with.

I could have assured the city that speeding tickets, and make them stiff, would have solved it. Just like it did in school zones
From the Stands

Hogansville, GA

#10 Mar 20, 2013
Gary,

That area is not on my daily driving routine. Why would we complain about something we don't even know about?

Don't worry, I come to full and complete stop. Then I gun it to make up for the lost time!
Douglas Drive Resident

Oxford, GA

#11 Mar 20, 2013
Can't cure stupid; so I'm not going to argue with you. I pay taxes and I vote and I actually live in the city. I have every right to ask the city to control the speeding on my road. i did and they responded and im greatful.

The stop sign is there, deal with it or choose another route; it's that simple. If they had started writing tickets you'd just bitch about that. It's really sad that you don't put your energy behind something positive.
From the Stands

Hogansville, GA

#12 Mar 20, 2013
The stop sign will most definitely be dealt with. With the same energy put forth on all of the positive projects I support.

If you want a low traffic, quiet neighborhood I would suggest a nice dead end street!! Not one that connects all of Lake Douglas to Home Depot and Walmart.

Talk about curing stupid, ha!!
Douglas Drive Resident

Oxford, GA

#13 Mar 20, 2013
From the Stands wrote:
The stop sign will most definitely be dealt with. With the same energy put forth on all of the positive projects I support.
If you want a low traffic, quiet neighborhood I would suggest a nice dead end street!! Not one that connects all of Lake Douglas to Home Depot and Walmart.
Talk about curing stupid, ha!!
You're a moron. I bought a house in a residential neighborhood. It's not meant to be your personal cut through. Your rights end where mine begin. It's called living in a civilized society. Just because you think you're smart, witty and superior sure doesnt make it so. In fact, you've already proven it in my book.
BHS Alum

Albany, GA

#14 Mar 20, 2013
That road has been there since early 1980's.
Never many accidents along it. I know I lived 1 block from it for 20+ years
This was simply an easy way to shut up 1-2 residents.
Sure, you have a right to complain about traffic there. But, what's next? A four way stop at Lake Douglas too?

Mark it down...more accidents coming in next months that all previous years combined there.
vicky

United States

#15 Mar 20, 2013
Its so stupid and it just shows if Ur the right person you can have Ur way in decatur county
Stupid

Lakeland, GA

#16 Mar 20, 2013
I have lived in the neighborhood for 27 years and have never seen an accident on the road. I think there is no need for it; if anything they need to fix the damn red light so you don't have to sit so long!!! Never have noticed a lot of through traffic either. Most people on the road live in the Lake Douglas area or out Lake Douglas Rd.
I live on Douglas Drive

Valdosta, GA

#17 Mar 20, 2013
Well I would like to say that it is not going to stop the speeders. In fact it has caused them to speed by my house even faster. They stop at the stop sign and then gun it past my house. I have lived on this street for over 16 years and it has always been a cut thru. It is the residents of this neighborhood that are the ones speeding. If the city would write tickets to the speeders it would slow them down plus make revenue for the city. Now they are mad because of the stop sign and are racing their motors when they come through and going even faster than before. I am sorry but it was not a good move.
hello

Valdosta, GA

#18 Mar 21, 2013
Douglas Drive Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron. I bought a house in a residential neighborhood. It's not meant to be your personal cut through. Your rights end where mine begin. It's called living in a civilized society. Just because you think you're smart, witty and superior sure doesnt make it so. In fact, you've already proven it in my book.
If you bought the house, then you knew the traffic that was there. What a idiot. If it was speed then speed humps would have been a smarter choice RETARD.
Douglas Drive Resident

Atlanta, GA

#19 Mar 21, 2013
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
If you bought the house, then you knew the traffic that was there. What a idiot. If it was speed then speed humps would have been a smarter choice RETARD.
Road doesn't qualify for speed humps! Quit whining, 4 way is there. I win!!! Haha!!
Honk Honk

Forsyth, GA

#20 Mar 21, 2013
Everyone that hates the 4 Way Stop, blow your horns as you go through the stop.

Lay on the horn the whole time, let everyone know that you hate the Stop Signs!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serious question Do you think the DEA would wat... 1 hr Will 2
Welfare free loader 6 hr Write Uo 18
Wild wild west censorship 6 hr Now 11
Job Openings For Decater County Administration ... 6 hr That All 8
Selfie make us want to stay home Jul 22 living life 1
Hillary and Obama supporters (Aug '16) Jul 20 Tax payer 15
Molly Jul 18 Bop 2

Bainbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance