Elcan King Elementary
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Active parent

Reidsville, GA

#1 Nov 1, 2011
Just out of curiousity...has anyone had problems with Principal Bryant? My friend and I are both involved in our kids lives at school and Bryant has been rude to us both on more than one occassion. This is uncalled for by a principal. In talking with the kids teachers I find that Bryant is short with them and they don't care for her but enjoy teaching.

Are we the only ones that had this happen?
Student

Sugar Grove, IL

#2 Nov 1, 2011
Well I know my bus driver is kind of insane and every time a kid "misbehaves" she says "I'm taking you to see Ms. Bryant!" but the kids still act the same after they've been to the office.
Yepers

Austell, GA

#3 Nov 1, 2011
Student wrote:
Well I know my bus driver is kind of insane and every time a kid "misbehaves" she says "I'm taking you to see Ms. Bryant!" but the kids still act the same after they've been to the office.
who is your bus driver, sheila kirkland? if so, you'd be spot on with insane.
Parent

United States

#4 Nov 1, 2011
Yepers wrote:
<quoted text> who is your bus driver, sheila kirkland? if so, you'd be spot on with insane.
So true

Since: Feb 11

Sugar Grove, IL

#5 Nov 1, 2011
Yea we had a small issue that we wanted to speak with her about but she was kinda rude and defensive....seemed like she was scared we would take it further...we didn't like her and want to put our kids in a different school next year due to that
mommyrific

Sugar Grove, IL

#6 Nov 2, 2011
She told my kid's dad they couldn't see our kid when the teacher is the one that called us about visitting. It did not go over well. She knows BS will not be tolerated by this family.
Seen It

Sugar Grove, IL

#7 Nov 3, 2011
We've had nothing but rude behavior out of her. My childs teacher is wonderful and has worked with us on some classroom issues and Mrs. Bryant took it upon herself to interject herself in the situation and degraded the teacher right in front of us. It really upset me and we will be looking to move our son next year during choice week if she is still here.
Working Class

Leesburg, GA

#8 Nov 4, 2011
My children went there when she was assistant principal and I witnessed her being hateful with students. She seemed to enjoy intimidation tactics. I was relieved when we moved to John Johnson.
Madea

Sugar Grove, IL

#9 Nov 7, 2011
As the old saying goes, "money makes you who you really are," so does success. She is not the same person I met many years ago. I find her to be rude, crass, and down right mean. Instead of degrading the teachers in front of parents,have enough professional decorum to work together to find a solution to whatever the problem may be. Teachers do a thankless job everyday. They struggle with distractions in the class room, disrespectful parents, disrespectful students and yet they still seem to educate our children in spite of it all. It should be a slap in the face for the head of the school to talk down to a teacher in front of a parent. What does that say about her ability to lead a staff of individuals with the same amount or more education than she has? It is a sad day when you go to the principal and are met with rude behavior! My heart felt prayers to all the teachers that have to work in that school, you all seem to enjoy your job and love teaching our children. Maybe your leader will open her eyes and realize what a wonderful group of people make up her staff and treat them with the respect they deserve. Respect is a two way street, it is not given, but earned. The teachers show her and the parents respect, she should do the same. How can children be expected to excel when they are scared of the "ogre" in the office? And if the parents come to speak with her, they are met with the same thing? That school was once a place of joy, and filled with kids ready to learn and parents eager to help, but after being treated as nothing, I can see why most of the parents that posted here want to take their kids to another school. Who wants their child in a school when the parents are being treated as if they can barely walk and chew gum at the same time? It's shameful !!! I'm glad my child is gone on to high school!
mommy can handle her

Reidsville, GA

#10 Nov 8, 2011
Working Class wrote:
My children went there when she was assistant principal and I witnessed her being hateful with students. She seemed to enjoy intimidation tactics. I was relieved when we moved to John Johnson.
If my children are forced to intimidation tactics by a disillusioned woman on a power trip you will read about it in the paper. She should foster mutual respect in her school and lead by example. The only time I have seen her truly be nice is when she steps in to a program that was coordinated by overworked teachers, so that she can do the public relations act and welcome the parents and look like the she is the reason for the program. I hope she realizes that it is the teachers and parapros that make a difference in our kids lives while at school. Perhaps she should stick to paperwork. It appears dealing with the public is not her strong point
Concerned Parent

Albany, GA

#11 Nov 8, 2011
I'm glad someone other than me has seen the problems at Elcan-King. It's not a coincidence that Elcan-King's test scores are the lowest in the county. There are so many discipline problems at Elcan-king and nothing is done about it. How can teachers do there jobs and teach when the principal and assistant do nothing to help the teachers with all the behavior problems at the school. It's about time that the upper management does something about it. The Elcan-King admins have really hurt Elcan-King the past couple of years.
my life

United States

#14 Nov 10, 2011
my girl's go to elcan king! I am not happy with this school any more yes ms. bryant is very rude and very short you hit the nail on the head when you said she wont talk about a problem long she is short about it it is because she doesnt wont anyone else to be made aware of whats going on also everytime I go and eat lunch with my kids all the teachers are in the luchroom screaming at all the kids...... I do not like elcanking at all alot has changed it's not the same anymore this school needs a change.. I think ms.bryant should be over high school not elacn king she is way to hard on small kids....
OMG

United States

#15 Nov 10, 2011
I have kids that go to elcan king also. They said she is mean always yelling at people. I have gone to talk to her several times and she acts like she does not have time or she just does not care. Or she wants to talk to me like I am still a student in high school not a parent. I believe they need to get a new principle and assistant principle that are able to deal with the younger ages.
Sad

Sugar Grove, IL

#17 Nov 13, 2011
There are unhappy parents at every school. Parents need to help the school not bash them.
What

Albany, GA

#18 Nov 13, 2011
It seems likes someone is deleting certain post. It seems like some truth is coming out. maybe some truth about some of her family members getting privledges some other students are not getting. If all this is going on and is obvious to everyone, why doesn't the assistant principal step up and say soemthing.
Get A GRip On Reality

Albany, GA

#19 Nov 13, 2011
The real deal is this, everyone knows the problem, but no one seems to have the balls to say it, I do.
In Georgia, integration in schools started in 1969, and went wild as hell through the 1970s, and to the current date. Imagine if you will, being white, and suddenly being forced into a 98% black school, it was a bitch. I had to live through this shit, and suddenly we were being taught things and important lessons that we had already mastered two years earlier. Everything was dumbed down. We were also, as being the minority, treated like shit by the black teachers. AND YOU PEOPLE STILL NOW WONDER WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM/

Here's the deal, if you want to give me hell, go for it, but you really don't know shit unless your ass was there, and it is only getting worse.
parent of the past

Columbus, GA

#20 Nov 15, 2011
My child use to go to that school but we removed him last year and put him in west Bainbridge and we couldn't be happier!! I completely agree with everything y'all are saying about that school and Ms. Bryant. She does not belong in the elementary schools! I had her in high school when she was there and she hasn't changed a bit. She treats those little kids just like she did us in high school! She's like a dang drill sergeant!! Its ridiculous!! We were having major problems with my child's teacher and some on going bullying from another child where my kindergartener was coming home almost everyday with skint up knees and elbows where this other child was constantly pushing my son down at recess and this teacher wasn't doing anything about it so I went to Ms. Bryant and of course bc the other child was kin to her, she automatically took that child's side along with teacher but that was just one of many problems we had till finally, me and my husband just reached our breaking point and moved him. Now we have great teachers along with a great principal and we are much happier and my son actually looks forward to getting up and going to school now as to before, he dreaded going to elcan-king!!
Goody2Shoes

Toronto, Canada

#21 Nov 27, 2011
I concur with the previous posts. Mrs. Bryant acts as if she's superior to the teachers, students, and parents. Anytime I've had the opportunity (or inopportunity, rather)to speak with her, she acted as tho I was inconveniencing her and was downright rude. Now, if I ever have an issue, I ask to speak to Chip Davis directly. He's a much better administrator than Mrs. Bryant is.
True

Albany, GA

#22 Nov 27, 2011
If Chip Davis was a better administrator he should have the backbone to speak to his their superiors about the problems. If everyone can see it I'm pretty sure he can. Mrs. Bryanr sets rules and doesn't follow them herself.
Dawggonit

Leesburg, GA

#23 Nov 28, 2011
Bryant is a Racist. She absolutely does not like white people. She has no bussiness in a leadership position, she has no bussiness in any position where she has power over impresionable children, or good teachers who are trying to teach. DCBOE made a bad mistake in giving her this job. They need to cut there losses and put her in the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worse President of the US....EVER (Oct '17) 36 min Disgusting Trump 2,983
Bainbridge's Downtown 2 hr my friend 10
Sally Brown band is good music also 17 hr General Zod 1
Sandy is talented....great singer 17 hr General Zod 1
Columbus Georgia known for great music talent 17 hr General Zod 1
Sandy is talented.... 17 hr General Zod 1
Trump's elaborate lifestyle at taxpayers expense.. (Sep '17) Wed Inthe Bush 201

Bainbridge Jobs

Personal Finance

Bainbridge Mortgages