Woman jumps off bridge into river

Aug 24, 2010 Full story: The Post-Searchlight 36

A woman who jumped off the Calhoun Street bridge into the Flint River shortly after noon on Tuesday was rescued by emergency responders using boats.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just saying

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2010
And with a life jacket on,so i guess she did not really want to die.Some peeps just want atten.
know the truth

Sylvester, GA

#2 Aug 24, 2010
she didnt have a life jacket on the was wearing a blue dress i seen her when she jumped and watched everything after that
Wow

Delta, AL

#3 Aug 24, 2010
why don't you bunch of morons find another topic to entertain yourselves with? My God, if the woman jumped off the bridge she obviously has some personal or mental issues that she needs professional help with. Don't ever make the mistake of thinking that yourself or a family member of yours is exempt from this behavior and how you would feel if all the morons came out from under the rocks to spread their gossip about someone you love and care about on this site.

Say a prayer for her and her family and quit gossiping about things you are speculating about.
know it alls

United States

#4 Aug 24, 2010
Just saying wrote:
And with a life jacket on,so i guess she did not really want to die.Some peeps just want atten.
where in the hell did you get that she was even wearing a lifejacket? Your reliable sources are wrong! AND you are sad! Always running your mouth when you have no idea what you are talking about! Have some compassion for someone who feels jumpiing off a bridge was their last resort! Be careful...you may be the next topic!
Sarge

Norman Park, GA

#5 Aug 24, 2010
No No NO. She was trying out for the FSU Flying Circus. One of the requirements is you have to jump off of a bridge into a river. Her name is Beulah Mcgillicutty.
know the truth

Sylvester, GA

#6 Aug 25, 2010
i totally agree everyone needs to pray for her my heart aint never felt so broke when i watched her step off it really opened my eyes
elaine

Bainbridge, GA

#7 Aug 30, 2010
you know people are so eager to judge .be carefull you might be judged before today is over .and it might beyou because you hurt someone like her or her family by running your mouth about something you know nothing about
Young Jee-Z

Tallahassee, FL

#8 Aug 30, 2010
I'm surprised the local inbreds aren't bashing the cops, emt's and firemen and blaming them. Seems they do in every other thread.
Cadsdad

Dallas, TX

#9 Dec 25, 2010
Well it just happened to me on Christmas day today, my mother in law was so depressed she threatened suicide so my wife called in to 911 after she ran out of the house, pope county police chased her at 90-100 mph until she stopped on the middle of the Arkansas river bridge and jumped 65' into the water, two collapsed lungs and 5 broken ribs later she's in trama at the hospital which we just cane from , such a memorable Christmas for my three kids.
Reality

Bainbridge, GA

#10 Dec 26, 2010
Cadsdad, After all that happening you still have time to be on Topix. i would probably be at the hospital or taking care of my wife. don't think i would be on topix posting about it. Someone needs to get his priorities straight.
Cadsdad

Dallas, TX

#11 Dec 26, 2010
Reality, mine are strait I been at hospital 24 hours but there's not alot anyone can do for a crazy bitch trying to kill herself.. She just wants pitty , if really wanting to end it there's plenty of other ways as far as my wife is concerned I am there for her and she knows it so f:($ off ass clown
the truth

Alturas, FL

#12 Dec 26, 2010
Its terrible that people refer to depressed suicidal people as crazy. Maybe just maybe if people would stop pointing fingers and acting like they are so freaking perfect and help others that need it there would be less suicide attempts. Whether someone wants pity or attention ..the reasons still Don't give a right to call them names. Do you ever truly know What is going inside someone? Try being there ..get them help..
there is hope

Havana, AR

#13 Jan 2, 2011
I am sorry to hear about this! I know depression can effect the people around them and I know you love your wife and kids and your mother in law was there for you guy's in the past when she paid about $10,000.00 to add on to your house. She also bought your kids and you and your wife nice gifts. But when you suffer with medical pain like she has and went thru what she has and you know what she went thru. You can get addicted to pain med. This could either grow your family tighter together or apart but you are a wonderful husband and father and son in law and I pray she makes it thru and God will God the way. People can change but we just need the love and patients at time and I know you guy's got that.
Interesting

Tallahassee, FL

#14 Jan 2, 2011
Looks to me like God lead her to the edge of a bridge.
there is hope

Havana, AR

#15 Jan 2, 2011
OMG! really? really? God did not lead her to the edge.That was her choice. However God did save her from death. OMG!!! this sounds like something my brother would right.
Interesting

Tallahassee, FL

#16 Jan 2, 2011
Those that believe in god believe he knows your thoughts. Either he lead her to the bridge or just didn't give a damn enough to stop her from going.

But, that is why I do not believe in the illogical religious bullshit, therefore I do not believe in god.
Why pity

Ashburn, VA

#17 Jan 3, 2011
She was an adult and wanted to die. I'd hate for someone to stop me. It's her decision, duh!
Yes, I know they have some idiotic law here in GA against suicide, but if you do it right, what they gonna do?
lakeguy

Bainbridge, GA

#18 Jan 3, 2011
Interesting wrote:
Those that believe in god believe he knows your thoughts. Either he lead her to the bridge or just didn't give a damn enough to stop her from going.
But, that is why I do not believe in the illogical religious bullshit, therefore I do not believe in god.
God knows your thoughts and actions, but he also gives everyone the freedom to do whatever they want. God can guide you, but he won't intervene. He let her live so that hopefully she will turn her life over to him and get her life straight.
there is hope

Havana, AR

#19 Jan 3, 2011
This is to "interesting"

Okay, you state you don't believe in illogical religious and that those who believe in God he knows your thoughts. So, because of this theory of your's that if God knows are thoughts either he lead her to the bridge or just didn't care. I see why you think the way you do. Do you think God is the only one that speaks to you? Hello there is a devil that likes to torment and he puts thoughts in your head that is why we need to renew are mine and cast down every thought that is not true or honest. However, I will not respond anymore to you over this because arguing over it want change things- When your done with the doom and gloom God will be there for you- and I will be praying for you.
I-DO-CARE

Augusta, GA

#20 Jan 3, 2011
I know FOR A FACT that she has been out alot more than 10G on you and your family,she has pulled ya'lls asses out of so many binds we've lost count! As long as she was shelling out the money she was just the greatest person ever, but when she needs YOUR slimy ass you sit and judge her like you are actually SOMEBODY and call her names like some infant. Lets take a good look at YOUR oh so lovely family, shall we?? How many times have you had to pull your drunk father out of a ditch, bail him out of jail along with your brother(who's a well known thief!) WITH THE MONEY YOU OWED YOUR LOVELY Mother In LaW(Since you refuse to pay her back a DIME)?? Have you EVER tried to TRULY be there for her with NO benefit to yourself?? NOO!!So get off you f-ing throne, because you soo don't belong there!! Oh an what church is that you go to??(we'll make sure to NEVER go there if THIS is the type of "Christians" they turn out!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Football coaches 2 hr BabydAddys mama 1
taxes going up? 4 hr Truth 2
bainbridge state college 14 hr Dr Phil 4
zaxbys sucks now 23 hr zaxx 4
guys Thu Frankly 34
bald headed nix Wed Dr Phil 1
Praying for Remi's family. Wed A Stranger 1
Bainbridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web