pissed

Barnwell, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

I mean I pay $45 a month and half the time it's off and I have to call them..does anyone else have problems with their service
fun

Enfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

pissed wrote:
I mean I pay $45 a month and half the time it's off and I have to call them..does anyone else have problems with their service
Yeah. My internet has been screwed up for about two days straight now. Not only is the service intermittent, but their management seems to be wildly incompetent. Honestly, I've never been exposed to such a clueless internet provider.
fun

Bainbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Well, now it's starting to work after 2 days of unexplained downtime. I'd like to assume it was upkeep or maintenance, but I find their claim of 15mbps to be overwhelmingly hilarious when I can't even load youtube videos at 240p.

I'm about to just cancel my service and get a 4G hotspot plan from Verizon. I can't even begin to understand why a mobile cell phone can create a 4G hotspot more dependable than a huge receiver outside my house that is specifically designed to do nothing BUT receive 4G information.

I can't wait to leave the south. I swear to god, southeast US is like 10 years behind the rest of the country in regard to basically everything.
Fed up

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

This sucks. Just think how much they are making and putting in their pockets while the customers get screwed. They are always down. I was told if I upgraded tote new 4g I would not have anymore problems. That was a lie. It has not worked for more than a few hours straight. Shane gets free million dollar equipment from the county and we get a BILL! What's up with that?

When I call and ask if anyone else is having problems I am told no. I see that is a lie! We should blow their phones up this week so they know it sucks. Better yet, everyone needs to call the county and let them know. Supposedly our commissioners are still trying sign a contract with Shane. We need to let our commissioners know they services stinks and and not to sign one with him. Everyone please call the office of your commissioners and maybe than someone will fix this mess.
consider this

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

fun wrote:
Well, now it's starting to work after 2 days of unexplained downtime. I'd like to assume it was upkeep or maintenance, but I find their claim of 15mbps to be overwhelmingly hilarious when I can't even load youtube videos at 240p.
I'm about to just cancel my service and get a 4G hotspot plan from Verizon. I can't even begin to understand why a mobile cell phone can create a 4G hotspot more dependable than a huge receiver outside my house that is specifically designed to do nothing BUT receive 4G information.
I can't wait to leave the south. I swear to god, southeast US is like 10 years behind the rest of the country in regard to basically everything.
Verizon Hotspot is good for about 3 movies and then you have exhausted your monthly limit and then start billing you for everything. It can get very expensive. I don't know how much Youtube you watch but it can cost you. And remember if you see that you can't live with Verizon after you get the first bill, 59.00, you have a two year contract you signed and it will cost you dearly to cancel it
fun

Bainbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

consider this wrote:
<quoted text>Verizon Hotspot is good for about 3 movies and then you have exhausted your monthly limit and then start billing you for everything. It can get very expensive. I don't know how much Youtube you watch but it can cost you. And remember if you see that you can't live with Verizon after you get the first bill, 59.00, you have a two year contract you signed and it will cost you dearly to cancel it
A lot of what I said was out of frustration. Verizon is about as awful as it gets in regard to billing. I'd honestly suffer through Turner's dial-up speed 4G before giving Verizon any of my money again. Their billing is deliberately clandestine and I don't let myself get nickle-and-dimed by large media congloms.

However, I think Turner needs to revamp their billing because I'm paying for their alleged top service and I literally cannot load 240p videos at a buffer speed capable of continual streaming.

I hope they'll address the issue tomorrow. I'm not surprised it has persisted through the weekend since this region still thinks it's ok to do nothing on Sunday.
J4y5-n

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Going on day 3, no internet. Since the service only sometimes works, I hope it's ok that I only sometimes remember to pay my bill.
Crazy

Climax, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

While I agree 3 days with crappy speeds gets old. I was told today that the fiber optic supplier had a cable issue. At about 4PM today, the speeds returned to 2.5 to 3 MBs this lasted until about 7PM then the return of the 0.25 speeds were back. I am not sure what the issue is but everyone call their office and complain. Normally the speeds are what is advertised but when they go down they really go down.
Jim

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Why don't you just go get AT&T hign speed internet? All you need is a local landline. The price for the landline and internet is about $3 more per month than the wireless service.
J4y5-n

Bainbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Jim, the same reason people don't just get DSL is the same reason Turner Broadband exists in the first place. Think about it.
the reason

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Jim wrote:
Why don't you just go get AT&T hign speed internet? All you need is a local landline. The price for the landline and internet is about $3 more per month than the wireless service.
Probably all these posts are from people that live in the county. You can't gett ATT in the county. Done tried to get it. All we can get is satellite, which is over $100 a month with a limit, Verizon, or Turner. SGRITA is opening up county wide this year I know in Early Seminole Mitchell and Miller. It will be 34.00 a month and will use cable, not the satellites. Just waiting for them to get started.
ChrisBie

Bainbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Damn this is HORRIBLE.... I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE... MY SERVICE IS SO EFFIN RANDOM I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK... BAD WEATHER IS GONE....WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE NOW?
Opinions

Sharpsburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The people that come out to your house are lazy as HELL. Always an excuse of why the shit don't f'n work!
Shane Turner

Bainbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

We have had a good bit of rain lately. Something could have happened to your device that has nothing to do with the outage. Im sorry you are having trouble right now, but if you would call me/my office or email me, Ill get you running again. If we canít, you can opt out of your agreement.

As for techs being lazy, that is something that can be rectified on a business end. I take ALL complaints against Turner Broadband and its employees very seriously. We hold customer service to the highest level. Emailing me will be the best way for action to be taken; you may remain anonymous if you so choose. shane.turnerbroadband@gmail.co m
Fed up

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Wow Shane!!!!
Your post says nothing to address why the county has been without for a week now. Most importantly about any credits that will be applied once this mess has been fixed. It's been a week now, therefore each customer should be at least getting a credit for a week in their bill.
The other big thing you missed was when will your company restore their service? I think that would have been nice to ad.
Customer service goes a long ways. People will do without, if the service stinks.
Oh really

Bainbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Come now, Shane. I sent you two emails and a voicemail months ago and never heard anything back from you. What makes it worse is that all the same problems are still issues, nothing has changed. Terrible signal, despite living right by their tower. Awful customer service, they either don't answer the phone, the woman acts as if I'm bothering her, or one of the tech's gives me their invaluable professional advice, "Turn it off then turn it back on". There have been times I have been double billed, and a month when I wasn't billed at all.
I too, watch internet in 280hp, it takes literally 8 hours to dl a movie, and online gaming? Forget it! Skype calls constantly drop, my whole internetting experience is a pain in the butt.
For Turners to say they care, is a joke. Actions speak louder than words spoken to save face.
Concerned Citizen

Climax, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Lets see I was told that rain would not bother the signal. In fact since the outage I have not seen close to what I am paying for im getting half that at best. I too called and was put on hold only to tell me that the internet is fixed. Well when it takes 30 min to buffer a youtube feed one hour then plays fine the next isnt fixed. The speeds are all over the board slow as dialup one minute then normal the next. I figure if I time it right ill just use it when its on the high speed end... LOL yea right!! Hang on everyone SGRITA is on the way
sjackson

Climax, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Shane Turner wrote:
We have had a good bit of rain lately. Something could have happened to your device that has nothing to do with the outage. Im sorry you are having trouble right now, but if you would call me/my office or email me, Ill get you running again. If we canít, you can opt out of your agreement.
As for techs being lazy, that is something that can be rectified on a business end. I take ALL complaints against Turner Broadband and its employees very seriously. We hold customer service to the highest level. Emailing me will be the best way for action to be taken; you may remain anonymous if you so choose. shane.turnerbroadband@gmail.co m
I have never had problems with my internet until now. It had to be the weather.I am a Miller County user, my internet is working great now.
Concerned Citizen

Climax, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Try to watch a you tube video now, it will not make it 1/4 the way before it buffers. Before It would breeze thru hands down now its the worse I ever seen it. I do not think it is the weather. I think this is stemming from the major outage this past week end.
Everyone in Decatur county is experiencing very reduced speeds this I do know.
Tony

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

I have had mine since they first started and i live out on 27S and it has worked just fine.We also use it at work and it works fine.YouTube works just fine for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Aggie23 52,144
FBI dcso deputies indicted 1 hr Ohwekil 177
Grand Jury Possible Error? 2 hr Ohwekil 2
Roger Haire 16 hr Nothingbut 12
Debate: Ferguson - Bainbridge, GA 17 hr Carmella 16
Jessica Barwick (Tim McCains girl) 23 hr morons 9
crystal donalson Tue Crystal Donalson 4

Search the Bainbridge Forum:
•••
•••
Bainbridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters