130 pounds of weed
Curious

Tallahassee, FL

#21 Mar 8, 2010
Smoke You wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked their math, it is dead on. It breaks down to 120 dollars and 17 cents per ounce. I am guessing it is low quality for those prices. So in short, 130 pounds of weed comes out to be approximately one quarter of a million dollars in street value. The term street value is most important.
Now maybe if they bought it in Deer Park, Pasadena, or Clover Leaf, TX., you might know something we don´t. Bainbridge Topix is a long way from home for you, but Ma Bell could certainly put you in touch with BPS and the Troopers if you knew something that would cause them to be out on the Bypass!

“Shoot first.”

Since: Mar 10

Pasadena

#22 Mar 8, 2010
Curious wrote:
Only people over 55 pay those prices. I don´t fool with it any more, but my math is absolutely right. You can go to Sims St. or Mobile City and get it for 80-100 an oz. all day long(Well, you maybe couldn´t). How much do you think they had invested in that? I guarantee no more than $ 25,000, and I am willing to wager a small amount on $20,000. And those prices for commercial to compressed mids, depending on the flow of supply and demand. I am sure you know what you know, but I know what I know too.
That wasn't even what i was talking about. I don't care how much was invested in it, i care how much it was worth, which it IS worth a quarter million dollars. Whenever they advertise the value of a drug bust, the denomination stated is always in street value, or, to make it easy, they add how much the normal consumer pays and divide. You sound like you are referring to drug dealer or insider pricing, which i don't care about either.
In this instance you devide 250,000 dollars and divide it by 130 lbs you get a price of 1923 dollars and seven cents per pound, now, there is easier math for it but i feel this is easier to comprehend so.... you take 1923 dollars and seven cent and divide it by four again, you get 480 dollars and 76 cents per quarter pound and since there are FOUR ounces in a quarter pound, you again divide 480 dollars and 76 cents by four and get 120 and nineteen cents per ounce.

The police have alot of things going on that the public do not know about, UC ops have been going on for years and by thier nature, nobody knows who they are or what they're doing. You can bet your money that the police know exactly how much it is worth over YOU and ME. The things the police deal with UC are often flooded with weed and is also the LEAST of thier worries. When a bust of this proportion happens you can believe it had to do with something bigger than just the weed itself and they just won't tell you.
xipot

United States

#23 Mar 8, 2010
Smoke you is dead on. By your way of thinking we could break it on down to the bare basics if you want to. Fertile soil somewhere (free), water (minimal cost), miracle grow plant food?($30 for a large sized container), weed seeds (I'll guess at $100). Some time and patience and and a lot of luck, and I guess you can grow $250,000 (street value) worth of weed. So, should these upstanding people be charged with mis. posssession because of the $130 calculation?
Curious

Tallahassee, FL

#24 Mar 8, 2010
Why not add it up by the nickle then? By the joint? By the bowl? Or by the gram? This is just inflated because it makes it look bigger than it really is. 130 pounds will get he police´s attention, even without any thing else. As far as adding up and breaking down pot prices, talk about teaching your grandmother to suck eggs! I understand exactly what they do when they place the value on it. My whole point was that is is still inflated. Anyone who has 130 lbs in the trunk and is smoking in the front is a moron, so let´s just agree on that.
Curious

Tallahassee, FL

#25 Mar 8, 2010
xipot wrote:
Smoke you is dead on. By your way of thinking we could break it on down to the bare basics if you want to. Fertile soil somewhere (free), water (minimal cost), miracle grow plant food?($30 for a large sized container), weed seeds (I'll guess at $100). Some time and patience and and a lot of luck, and I guess you can grow $250,000 (street value) worth of weed. So, should these upstanding people be charged with mis. posssession because of the $130 calculation?
Ga.annotated code reflects that 28 grams or more is a felony. Less if it is bagged up for individual sale. I think these 2 will be SOL on pleading down to a misdemeanor.
svf

United States

#26 Mar 8, 2010
way to go Jaa Tucker
xipot

United States

#27 Mar 8, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ga.annotated code reflects that 28 grams or more is a felony. Less if it is bagged up for individual sale. I think these 2 will be SOL on pleading down to a misdemeanor.
no telling around here. They might can.
Federal

Mobile, AL

#28 Mar 8, 2010
The case will go federal, not only for the amount of drug, but the fact that they drove across state lines!
Punk Hater

United States

#29 Mar 9, 2010
Da Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you at least half of that same weed will be back on the streets of Bainbridge in less than 6 months. In other words crooked cops!!!
Why dont you click your heals togother and say," I never pleased a woman." Three times and maybe you will go back to your parents basement where your live! Crooked cops?! Dang Xbox generation always thinks The Sheild or raps songs are real! No body wants to see cops until they need them, then they cry about what took them so long! When have you ever put your life on the line for someone you dont know? Da Ha? is that what people say when they see you?

“Shoot first.”

Since: Mar 10

Pasadena

#30 Mar 9, 2010
Punk Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you click your heals togother and say," I never pleased a woman." Three times and maybe you will go back to your parents basement where your live! Crooked cops?! Dang Xbox generation always thinks The Sheild or raps songs are real! No body wants to see cops until they need them, then they cry about what took them so long! When have you ever put your life on the line for someone you dont know? Da Ha? is that what people say when they see you?
You make alot of good points and i doubt people ever think about those things. It's easier just to pretend and hope it all straightens itself out or hey, maybe someone else will fix it!

If anyone ever got told "The Police are not coming, you are on your own" They would S%&t themselves.
Da Ha

United States

#31 Mar 9, 2010
Punk Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
For you info I am 50 old redneck that has lived with the fact that the Miller County Sherriff Office played a hand in my Grandfathers murder in 1972. There for I say if the right amount of money is offered even the most honest cops will normally change and turn a blind eye or lawyers plea for lesser charges.
By the my grndfathers name is Clyve Cook during this time schools and the Miller County Court House were burned down to cover up something.
Prove Me Wrong And I Will Stay That I Am Sorry!!!
Another thing I prefer David Alan Coe Hank Williams Jr and my own means of protection. So I would really prefer to handle my own type of justice with a bullet or a long piece of rope with a noose on one end of it. Because as I said before I am proud to be a REAl REDNECK. I REALLY DO CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OR SAY ABOUT ME. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE ANYHOW. I know who and what I am.
Jack

Americus, GA

#32 Mar 10, 2010
I guess, a lot of crooks would be out of business if they'd legalize weed. Would be terrible to collect taxes on marijuana, since the state has such an overabundance of money right now. It's a billion dollar business in this country, but we don't tax it.
for real

United States

#33 Mar 10, 2010
Not to many things get by 618 ! He is a bad ass !
luck

United States

#34 Mar 10, 2010
It was a lucky catch. If the idiot hadn't have been smoking some of the product for them to smell they would have cruised right on through thht check and on down the highway. Makes you wonder how much rolls through here every day without notice of anyone.
krjd

Atlanta, GA

#35 Mar 10, 2010
You know what, I'll take luck over skill any day! Those trooper's boss is what make them so good!!
punk hater

Atlanta, GA

#36 Mar 10, 2010
OHHHHH, you didn't say Miller County!!! Dang I'm sorry, if you judge law enforcement by Buddy Glass, you do hate cops. Poor Jimmy Holt got beat for sheriff because felons in jail got to vote!!! Sorry red neck Da Ha!!!
chill

United States

#37 Mar 10, 2010
krjd wrote:
You know what, I'll take luck over skill any day! Those trooper's boss is what make them so good!!
KKJoey, I believe I recognize those initials.
Nope

Tallahassee, FL

#38 Mar 10, 2010
Smoke You wrote:
<quoted text>

If anyone ever got told "The Police are not coming, you are on your own" They would S%&t themselves.
And some of us would even scores happily, and find our own Justice. Boy, some that think they are predators now would quickly become prey. Especially those purse snatchers and gang bangers. Imagine not being concerned about probable cause and rules of evidence! Open season!
Da Ha

United States

#39 Mar 11, 2010
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
And some of us would even scores happily, and find our own Justice. Boy, some that think they are predators now would quickly become prey. Especially those purse snatchers and gang bangers. Imagine not being concerned about probable cause and rules of evidence! Open season!
I agree if our justice sytem was like some countries we could stop prison over crowding and save plenty of tax dollars. But instead we have to treat our prisoners humane and give them rights because it was so humane of them to do the crime in the first place. I think give them some bread, water maybe a can of sardines no AC or TV and make them stay in there and work their butts off until all of the fines and probation was served would stop alot of repeat offenders.
For Chica

Tallahassee, FL

#40 Mar 13, 2010
Here ya go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On Disability and nothing wrong 7 hr local yokel 1
Poll How many peopls do not want Alan Thomas back? (Jul '15) 7 hr local yokel 8
Helicopter running from police? 13 hr Scott 5
Jesse's Auto Sales 15 hr Bigdawg 6
Anyone know anything about Major Matt Morrow? 15 hr Interested 5
Dell Gamble Thu F_All_Yall 1
what are they building beside sonic ? Wed blackqirl 7

Bainbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance