What happened to David Fletcher, Jr.?
Your A JOke

Colquitt, GA

#70 Mar 3, 2012
Sadness wrote:
Gov. Deal needs to exercise his powers under O.C.G.A 15-16-26. Period, moron.
BAHAHAHA is that the best you can come up with moronic fucktard. NOthing could be done and gov. dumb dumb cant do anything about it. Thats the job of the local DA...GOd how stupid can one person be. I cant believe that of all the sperms injected in your mom that the one that made you was the fastest
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#71 Mar 3, 2012
Your A JOke wrote:
<quoted text>
BAHAHAHA is that the best you can come up with moronic fucktard. NOthing could be done and gov. dumb dumb cant do anything about it. Thats the job of the local DA...GOd how stupid can one person be. I cant believe that of all the sperms injected in your mom that the one that made you was the fastest
Idiot, Bruton is the only one who can arrest Wiley as long as he doesn't set foot out of the county. Gov. Deal probably won't exercise his power, but he sure has the right to. It certainly needs to be done.
getting better

United States

#72 Mar 3, 2012
Sadness wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, Bruton is the only one who can arrest Wiley as long as he doesn't set foot out of the county. Gov. Deal probably won't exercise his power, but he sure has the right to. It certainly needs to be done.
WoW...You actually believe an old wives tale about the coroner being the only one that can actually arrest the sheriff...HaHaHa...You REALLY believe that don't you. Idiot, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. That is a myth, a fabrication, and so untrue... this is getting really good. You keep going...show your ignorance
getting better

United States

#73 Mar 3, 2012
MYTH: The coroner cannot arrest the sheriff. They are the only one that can serve a warrant on the sheriff at the direction of the Probate Judge.

FACT: The coroner shall function as acting sheriff in the event the acting sheriff is unable to serve.
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#74 Mar 3, 2012
Ahhh. Sorry, the law changed, I think in the 1970's. seems like you googled the same thing I just did because you didn't know if I was right or wrong, and then parroted it here like you were a genius. Some jurisdictions still only allow the coroner to arrest a sheriff in his jurisdiction, so it certainly is not an 'old wives' tale'.

Whatever the case maybe, and who can arrest whom, a person still died in the custody of the DCJ due to their willful indifference and failure to render care. No way to google your way out of that, Period, moron. So crow away, please.

Fact: It was at one time true in Georgia.

Where you got your information, or a similar county site, that you didn't know for sure about: http://www.peachcounty.net/coroner.cfm

Jurisdiction in which it still occurs:
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/north_ce...

I am sorry I mentioned that, since it will give you more reason to get away from the topic at hand, which is the gross indifference to the welfare and needs of a person in custody that resulted in his death. Period.
No Way

United States

#75 Mar 3, 2012
Sadness wrote:
....... person still died in the custody of the DCJ due to their willful indifference and failure to render care.........
I DO NOT believe that for a second. WILLFUL INDIFFERENCE and FAILURE TO CARE ? Come on.. BS. Absolute bullshit.
you said it

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#76 Mar 3, 2012
Whatever the case maybe, and who can arrest whom, a person still died in the custody of the DCJ due to their willful indifference and failure to render care. No way to google your way out of that, Period, moron. So crow away, please.

Hey Dick...ummm I think you bought up the idea concerning the coroner. Has it occurred to you that nobody seems to care about your unsubstantiated gripe and your theories about what happened. You keep showing what a true dumbass you really are
Cairo Ga

Annandale, MN

#77 Mar 3, 2012
All this time I was thinking Cairo had more inconsiderate dumbasses than any other place on the planet, but after reading these posts and comments I definitely have a different opinion. You people are lifeless and have way to much damn time on your hands. This guy was just laid to rest yesterday and it appears that you people have nothing better to do than come on a public forum and degrade someone that hasn't even been put in the ground good. Let him finally have some rest and think about this idiots....If it had been your family member would you want people on here bashing them. Get life people. I think these damn forums need to be shut down and I will take the initiative to start the process started.
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#78 Mar 3, 2012
you said it wrote:
Hey Dick...ummm I think you bought up the idea concerning the coroner. Has it occurred to you that nobody seems to care about your unsubstantiated gripe and your theories about what happened. You keep showing what a true dumbass you really are
Obviously you care. Must have cut pretty close, as much time as you have spent on it. If there were nothing to it, you would have already moved on. Was it your indifference and failure to act that caused this, or that of a close friend or relative? If you thought I was crazy and wrong, you would have let it go: Who wastes their time on an idiot and a dumbass? Another moron?

Hit dogs holler, and you have been hollering for three days now. The more you deny, the more credence you lend. Thank you for your support. Your callous comments make it easier to understand the gross, willful, and indifferent attitude that led to his death. Thanks for showing the world the mentality that these types of deaths spring from.

People watch this site without ever commenting here. I heard two guys in Wal-Mart this afternoon wondering about the coroner pronouncing him at the jail and why wasn't he given CPR and taken to the hospital. You count on people being stupid, but most know right from wrong when they see or hear it, and what happened to David was wrong.
Your A JOke

Colquitt, GA

#79 Mar 3, 2012
you said it wrote:
Willful indifference? Where and how...Where they supposed to hold his hand the whole time HE WAS IN JAIL? HELL NO. I feel sorry that he died, but the fact remains he would have died anyway at home, or somewhere else. He is dead, is not anyones fault. But there are some DCJ bashers who sound like wannabe lawyers, or jailers that could not hack the job. It was noones fault and you cannot seem to get that through your narrow little mind. This shows what a true DUMBASS you are. In fact You seem to be the king of the dumbasses for this forum. YOUR NOW CROWNED KING OR QUEEN DUMBASS..Enjoy your title you earned it.
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#80 Mar 3, 2012
Your A JOke wrote:
<quoted text>
Willful indifference? Where and how...Where they supposed to hold his hand the whole time HE WAS IN JAIL? HELL NO. I feel sorry that he died, but the fact remains he would have died anyway at home, or somewhere else. He is dead, is not anyones fault. But there are some DCJ bashers who sound like wannabe lawyers, or jailers that could not hack the job. It was noones fault and you cannot seem to get that through your narrow little mind. This shows what a true DUMBASS you are. In fact You seem to be the king of the dumbasses for this forum. YOUR NOW CROWNED KING OR QUEEN DUMBASS..Enjoy your title you earned it.
Who initiated CPR? How long was he slumped over before the cell was popped? When was EMS called? If he was communicative at 5am, at found slumped at 6am, when was CPR initiated? If CPR is in progress, then the EMTs and paramedics will continue and as an ALS EMS, initiate ACLS and continue on to the ER. Who intubated him? At what time? The EMS is less than a quarter of a mile down the road. If CPR had been initiated by DCJ staff and EMS called immediately, he could have been at the hospital in 15 minutes, and declared there. If CPR was not initiated, then there was willful indifference. Paramedics will render care even on what appears to be asystole because it might be a fine V-Fib.

CPR, once initiated, must be continued until a person is pronounced or the administrator of CPR is exhausted and unable to continue. If you are saying the staff looked at David and said,"Boy, I sure am tired...and we haven't even started... Screw it, call the coroner!" I will believe you.

Now if rigor mortis had set in, as someone said they would not do anything if someone is obviously dead, then you know he was not talking at 5am. That does not even start setting in until after 3 hours, and takes considerably longer to reach its pinnacle.

In an unwitnessed arrest, even with persistent fixed and dilated pupils, the absence of brain stem reflexes, and failure to restore spontaneous circulation in a 33 year old patient, it would not be unusual to perform ACLS for 30 to 45 minutes before declaring death. More than enough time to get him to the ER. How long did they give David? I don't know a lot, but I know sh!t from Shinola.
You r sad

United States

#81 Mar 3, 2012
Sadness wrote:
<quoted text>
Who initiated CPR? How long was he slumped over before the cell was popped? When was EMS called? If he was communicative at 5am, at found slumped at 6am, when was CPR initiated? If CPR is in progress, then the EMTs and paramedics will continue and as an ALS EMS, initiate ACLS and continue on to the ER. Who intubated him? At what time? The EMS is less than a quarter of a mile down the road. If CPR had been initiated by DCJ staff and EMS called immediately, he could have been at the hospital in 15 minutes, and declared there. If CPR was not initiated, then there was willful indifference. Paramedics will render care even on what appears to be asystole because it might be a fine V-Fib.
CPR, once initiated, must be continued until a person is

pronounced or the administrator of CPR is exhausted and unable to continue. If you are saying the staff looked at David and said,"Boy, I sure am tired...and we haven't even started... Screw it, call the coroner!" I will believe you.
Now if rigor mortis had set in, as someone said they would not do anything if someone is obviously dead, then you know he was not talking at 5am. That does not even start setting in until after 3 hours, and takes considerably longer to reach its pinnacle.
In an unwitnessed arrest, even with persistent fixed and dilated pupils, the absence of brain stem reflexes, and failure to restore spontaneous circulation in a 33 year old patient, it would not be unusual to perform ACLS for 30 to 45 minutes before declaring death. More than enough time to get him to the ER. How long did they give David? I don't know a lot, but I know sh!t from Shinola.
You are so full of shit. Makes me wonder what your real agenda is. It's obvious you hate law enforcement. Did you go to jail? Bet someone locked your stupid ass up
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#82 Mar 4, 2012
Hate law enforcement? Not at at. I hate deliberate indifference and a failure to render care especially when it results in the death of our most vulnerable.

Jail staff are largely not law enforcement. Please do not diminish the training and knowledge that must be demonstrated to become POST certified by LEO's by pretending that they are.

I am sure we have mutual friends who are EMT-P's. Why don't you ask them how full of shit I am? How many people have you 'scoped? How many hours do you have on an Ambu bag? How many ribs have you cracked?

You calling me stupid certainly can't make me stupid.

I know our professional EMS would have worked valiantly to save a man that young unless he was dismembered. Please don't besmirch their professionalism by saying that they wouldn't.

I disapprove of a lot of what NASA does, but it does not mean they launched me into outer space either, genius.
PLease

Colquitt, GA

#83 Mar 4, 2012
Sadness wrote:
<quoted text>
CPR, once initiated, must be continued until a person is pronounced or the administrator of CPR is exhausted and unable to continue. If you are saying the staff looked at David and said,"Boy, I sure am tired...and we haven't even started... Screw it, call the coroner!" I will believe you.
As usual you are wrong. There is nothing, nothing in the law that states you have to start CPR on anyone. And if you do start CPR you can stop at anytime if you are to tired to continue. If a person is obviously dead, i.e. early stages of rigor, cyonotic, or lavitidy which starts as soon as the heart stops pumping ( gravity look it up ) then you dont even think about starting CPR. Or if you check the pupils and they are fixed then they are to far gone you dont start CPR. You made the comment that you dont shit from shinola..But you are wrong again. THERE IS NO OBLIGATION FROM ANYONE TO START CPR...THATS THE LAW YOUR A MORON HAVE A NICE DAY....OH YEA........PERIOD
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#84 Mar 4, 2012
PLease wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you are wrong. There is nothing, nothing in the law that states you have to start CPR on anyone. And if you do start CPR you can stop at anytime if you are to tired to continue. If a person is obviously dead, i.e. early stages of rigor, cyonotic, or lavitidy which starts as soon as the heart stops pumping ( gravity look it up ) then you dont even think about starting CPR. Or if you check the pupils and they are fixed then they are to far gone you dont start CPR. You made the comment that you dont shit from shinola..But you are wrong again. THERE IS NO OBLIGATION FROM ANYONE TO START CPR...THATS THE LAW YOUR A MORON HAVE A NICE DAY....OH YEA........PERIOD
Early stages of rigor would not have set in yet if he was communicative at 5 am. Seems like the time line is suspect. You are an idiot if you think that CPR is not performed on a cyanotic (notice the correct spelling) PT with fixed and dilated pupils.

Notice that the news says he was medically segregated. If his condition was so grave (he obviously died) and the jail was ill equipped to deal with his condition, then it was willfully indifferent to not have transported him to the hospital before his arrest where people initiate CPR on people regardless of if they are inmates or have paid child support. Obviously keeping a man so close to deaths door where people would be unwilling to initiate CPR, after realizing he needed to be medically segregated, was willful indifference. They kept him, and he died.

Here are the National Standards: http://books.google.com/books...

Were we in compliance?
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#85 Mar 4, 2012
In fact, you might want to take a look at the case law references listed there. I know attorneys will be.
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#86 Mar 4, 2012
Lack of access to care is deliberate indifference:

http://books.google.com/books...

Read on down to page five about the responsibilities in a correctional setting. Notice the references to deliberate indifference:

Look at the case law there too.
Period.(Moron)
PLease

Colquitt, GA

#87 Mar 4, 2012
Sadness wrote:
Lack of access to care is deliberate indifference:
Read on down to page five about the responsibilities in a correctional setting. Notice the references to deliberate indifference:
Look at the case law there too.
Period.(Moron)
Hey fucktard....There iS NOTHING IN ANY LAW ANY WHERE THATS STATES YOU HAVE TO GIVE CPR TO ANYONE....He is dead that is sad...You a living moron THAT IS SADDER. Noone could have stopped what happened. You fail to get that point..Now crawl back under your little rock and talk to yourself, because your the only one bitching about this...You are the biggest looser....goodbye
Sadness

Brookings, SD

#88 Mar 4, 2012
PLease wrote:
<quoted text>
. Noone could have stopped what happened. You fail to get that point..
With a little less deliberate indifference, perhaps someone could have.
Ridiculous

United States

#89 Mar 4, 2012
Why is this person on here calling people names? Please quit trying to make others look stupid and like they don't know what they're talking about.. You OBVIOUSLY don't know the situation or what went down...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bainbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charmon nix 12 min Tom 1
Recycling spouses 21 min High Five 28
Keep Andy Moore or Not? Miller County Road Dep... 1 hr Roads 4
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 1 hr Will Dockery 2,282
Worse President of the US....EVER Sun Right 147
FSU sucks Sat Indian 4
Trump's elaborate lifestyle at taxpayers expense.. Sat Truth 85

Bainbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance