'Missing' woman often seen on McKeesp...

'Missing' woman often seen on McKeesport streets

There are 25 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Mar 31, 2006, titled 'Missing' woman often seen on McKeesport streets. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

By Jonathan D. Silver and Cindi Lash, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette For a woman said to have been hidden and held against her will for nearly a decade, Tanya Kach was visible to many in her neighborhood and downtown ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim Gilliand

United States

#1 Mar 31, 2006
This could very well be a magnified case of "Stockholm Sydrom". To say the least, it is one of the most bizzare abduction stories to come out. Many of us cannot even began to think about what happens when one is brain washed into submission. This poor child was an obvious sex slave to this "security guard." The defense attorney for Hose is already trying to lay down and alibi by saying that Tanya was "not held against her will." He seems to be overlooking the fact that many sex crimes were committed prior to allowing this young woman any freedom.

I pray hard each day that Tanya gets justice and can move on with her life. She is a darling and deserves to catch up with the world she left behind. I hope she does not suffer too many phsycological barriers caused by her imprisonment. She lost her innocence to this creep.

Sincerely,

Jim Gilliand
Waxahachie, Texas
danny

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2006
i agree jim this is a very disturbing thing ....i assume that everybody knows by now hose should definately be jailed ,but ......stockholm syndrome may not be to blame ..... maybe we should look at the fact that she (as a teen ) assumed that nobody loved her but hose ,maybe she felt if she left then she would be alone. i knew hose personaly as a student at cornell middle school and he NEVER seemed the threatening type .....definately a child molester /pedophile and a loner and a fan of the mullet but even as i grew up in his neighbor hood,my grandmother only lives about a 20ft distance without exageration , he never seemed he was hiding anything ....and that scares me .....because i have some family going through that same school district ,even a younger cousin about the same age as kach when she dissappeard
diamond

United States

#3 May 21, 2006
its been 10 years later and she just came forward. she should of been left she had a lot of ime to leave. I dont know what went on inside that house so i cant blame it on her.
dog bounty hunter

Gibsonia, PA

#4 Nov 9, 2015
I hope we find her !
Accomplished

Gibsonia, PA

#5 Nov 9, 2015
She's missing like Fraud Skywalker and TAMV at the recent senseless shooting of an innocent person. Why does this poor guy and his family not deserve any "action" from Fraud's dysfunctional group?? Is it really a group or just Fraud Walker ??
Ray

Donora, PA

#6 Nov 10, 2015
Very mean;
Corbet

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Nov 22, 2015
Joke
Bill G

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Mar 23, 2016
Now matter what the situation was, that creep took advantage of a young girl. Can't believe anybody would turn it into it being her fault. Stupid McKeesport people. Not much surprised with the lack of sense you jug heads have.Look at your damn city. Go elect another crack dealer.
Mr Clean

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Mar 23, 2016
Bill G wrote:
Now matter what the situation was, that creep took advantage of a young girl. Can't believe anybody would turn it into it being her fault. Stupid McKeesport people. Not much surprised with the lack of sense you jug heads have.Look at your damn city. Go elect another crack dealer.
Quit writing negativity about our beloved City. If you do not like it just leave and do not demean our beloved City.

There is little or no crack in out City. We have the largest and best narcotics squad in the Commonwealth and that is why we are almost drug free. The drug dealers fear them and that is why our crime rate is very low.

You should be ashamed of your self alluding that someone elected is a crack dealer. You have no proof and you could be liable for such speculative and false words.

Since: Feb 16

Location hidden

#10 Apr 9, 2016
What about the police? Did they not speak to Hose, and in fact were they not inside his house when that girl was hiding in his upstairs bedroom? Why did they not do a search of the house? She said in her book that when he left for work she locked the bedroom door from the INSIDE. Had the police gone upstairs, wouldn't that locked door have aroused suspicion? To take it one step further, they questioned Hose quite early in their investigation.....unless she was hogtied and had her mouth duct taped, she could have cried out for help or simply unlocked the door and walked down the stairs where the police were. Case closed. Ten years of her life saved. I smell a fish. A stinking rotten fish.
J Edgar

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Apr 9, 2016
Kiton wrote:
What about the police? Did they not speak to Hose, and in fact were they not inside his house when that girl was hiding in his upstairs bedroom? Why did they not do a search of the house? She said in her book that when he left for work she locked the bedroom door from the INSIDE. Had the police gone upstairs, wouldn't that locked door have aroused suspicion? To take it one step further, they questioned Hose quite early in their investigation.....unless she was hogtied and had her mouth duct taped, she could have cried out for help or simply unlocked the door and walked down the stairs where the police were. Case closed. Ten years of her life saved. I smell a fish. A stinking rotten fish.
Don't forget that it was McKeesport Police Chief Tom Carter/president of McKeesport school board who spearheaded the hiring of Tom Hose as a security guard for the McKeesport School District.
Prior to that, Hose was working for St. Moritz Security firm that had the contract to provide security for McKeesport.
St. Moritz was sued and had to pay because Hose worked for them originally.
There's an odor here as well. One of the owner's of St. Moritz or possibly one of the top executives is retired from the FBI I believe.
Carter has FBI clearance. Not so sure Carter is all that trustworthy, especially when is is around women of any age or any color.

Since: Feb 16

Location hidden

#12 Apr 10, 2016
Very interesting. Anything to keep MASD and the movers & shakers squeaky clean! No scandal here! They didn't do a thorough job when questioning Hose. They were in his house. I can't understand why Ms Kach hid. Even if she were terrified of Hose, she could have thumped on the floor, made a disturbing noise. That bedroom is directly over the living room, where they were likely speaking to him. What could he do to her with armed officers right there? Surely they could have protected her from him. I don't understand anything about this case. I've seen her on TV, I've read the book. Nothing makes sense. None of it.
The Shadow

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Apr 10, 2016
Kiton wrote:
Very interesting. Anything to keep MASD and the movers & shakers squeaky clean! No scandal here! They didn't do a thorough job when questioning Hose. They were in his house. I can't understand why Ms Kach hid. Even if she were terrified of Hose, she could have thumped on the floor, made a disturbing noise. That bedroom is directly over the living room, where they were likely speaking to him. What could he do to her with armed officers right there? Surely they could have protected her from him. I don't understand anything about this case. I've seen her on TV, I've read the book. Nothing makes sense. None of it.
I think a retried policeman's former wife who was a hair dresser went to the cage on this one?
J Edgar

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Apr 10, 2016
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a retried policeman's former wife who was a hair dresser went to the cage on this one?
Don't forget the owner of the c-store had a son who was a McKeesport cop. There were more McKeesport cops surrounding this case from start to finish than kids with a fishing pole on opening of trout season.

Certainly, one of them, especially Tom Carter could have tripped over enough evidence to search Hose's house from top to bottom.

Oh wait, even if McKeesport Police trip over evidence they aren't permitted to solve a crime in case it leads to an elected official or another cop.

Non Believer

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Apr 10, 2016
The Cage. Sorry, I have to laugh, that's funny! Yes I remember that, she bleached out the girls hair. And maybe she hid her for a couple of days after she ran away. Because she actually ran away, she wasn't abducted in the true sense of the word. Amazing.....she's good friends with the daughter of the store owner, who's brother the cop was cooking up cabbage rolls in the back while the runaway draped herself all over the countertops. I find it incredible that a dye job can provide such a convincing disguise.
Touchable Ness

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Apr 10, 2016
Non Believer wrote:
The Cage. Sorry, I have to laugh, that's funny! Yes I remember that, she bleached out the girls hair. And maybe she hid her for a couple of days after she ran away. Because she actually ran away, she wasn't abducted in the true sense of the word. Amazing.....she's good friends with the daughter of the store owner, who's brother the cop was cooking up cabbage rolls in the back while the runaway draped herself all over the countertops. I find it incredible that a dye job can provide such a convincing disguise.
Only in the Port could this real life story take place.
Read The Stories

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Apr 13, 2016
ONLY in McSleazeport! And God only knows wtf is going on in any given house on any given street! I saw the Docu-drama on TV. It was ok, but I don't think they really dug deep enough. It seemed slapped together, poorly edited. They barely interviewed anyone other than the girl herself. I don't even think the store owner was on there, just the news clip of him. Neither her or Hoses attorney did a good job of investigating, they didn't ask the right questions. I guess she's moved on with her life which is good, and Hose is still in the Cage (sorry, had to steal that, I loved it too) where HE belongs, but imo a lot is missing, a lot of questions remain unanswered.
PrettyRedd

Donora, PA

#18 May 18, 2016
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text>

Quit writing negativity about our beloved City. If you do not like it just leave and do not demean our beloved City.

There is little or no crack in out City. We have the largest and best narcotics squad in the Commonwealth and that is why we are almost drug free. The drug dealers fear them and that is why our crime rate is very low.

You should be ashamed of your self alluding that someone elected is a crack dealer. You have no proof and you could be liable for such speculative and false words.
You're either kidding or speaking of another town.. McKeesport needs to be bulldozed.. There's crack and heroin everywhere.. Killings .. Shootings.. Cville highview midtown halfway houses..
By far the worst.. Even McDonald's won't touch it am kfc took off after multiple robberies.. Get a grip..
Mr Clean

Mckeesport, PA

#19 May 18, 2016
PrettyRedd wrote:
<quoted text>

You're either kidding or speaking of another town.. McKeesport needs to be bulldozed.. There's crack and heroin everywhere.. Killings .. Shootings.. Cville highview midtown halfway houses..
By far the worst.. Even McDonald's won't touch it am kfc took off after multiple robberies.. Get a grip..
You are just believing what the ultra conservation Pittsburgh news media is feeding the na´ve low information public.

Our beloved City is squeaky clean. No indictments of elected official like White Oak, Harrisburg, Luzerne County, Reading, and Allentown.

We are blessed to have the best and alleged largest narcotic squad in the Commonwealth. The druggees fear our narc squad and chose not to practice their illicit profession in the Port.

Since former council Michael Neuman not one elected or City employee has ever been convicted of a crime that resulted in incarceration.

We are as clean and pristine as fluffy snow.

Unfortunately, most of the ugly incidents originate in adjacent "Wild West" municipalities and terminate in the Port.

The criminals know that if apprehended in the beloved Port that our law enforcement officials and district magistrates will dispense fair and balanced justice.

Furthermore , the combatants know that the Port' s MEMS and UPMC-McK are in very close proximity to the combat zones. They have compassion for their direct or collateral victims and thereby chose to have the MEMS and UPMC-McK assets available to their comrades in conflict.
sfinxy jobala

Mckeesport, PA

#20 May 18, 2016
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text>You are just believing what the ultra conservation Pittsburgh news media is feeding the naïve low information public.

Our beloved City is squeaky clean. No indictments of elected official like White Oak, Harrisburg, Luzerne County, Reading, and Allentown.

We are blessed to have the best and alleged largest narcotic squad in the Commonwealth. The druggees fear our narc squad and chose not to practice their illicit profession in the Port.

Since former council Michael Neuman not one elected or City employee has ever been convicted of a crime that resulted in incarceration.

We are as clean and pristine as fluffy snow.

Unfortunately, most of the ugly incidents originate in adjacent "Wild West" municipalities and terminate in the Port.

The criminals know that if apprehended in the beloved Port that our law enforcement officials and district magistrates will dispense fair and balanced justice.

Furthermore , the combatants know that the Port' s MEMS and UPMC-McK are in very close proximity to the combat zones. They have compassion for their direct or collateral victims and thereby chose to have the MEMS and UPMC-McK assets available to their comrades in conflict.
Give it up. Nobody can save McKeesport. For decades the citizens have become dumber, lazier and more reliant on government handouts thanks the the liberal fake, phony pigs within the decades of administrations who are solely responsible with their pathetic Santa clause leadership. Nobody will invest, jobs will not come and the community will never improve. Build more housing projects because your going to need them. No turning back now. Thank your elected liberal democrats for this shit show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Part 3: Multiple Blows (Apr '12) May 20 USS LIBERTY 10
Mark lanton Apr '17 Monaca mama 1
News Margie Byrd-Walker reflects on time as first bl... Mar '17 Nadiyah Stowers 1
pine inn (Jan '16) Feb '17 peggy 2
News Ambridge school board, teachers' union fail to ... Dec '16 Vouchers Now 1
News Clinton's support is wide, while Trump's is deep (Nov '16) Nov '16 Seriouslady 9
News Owner: Missing potbellied therapy pig is found,... (Aug '16) Aug '16 wichita-rick 4

Baden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baden Mortgages