Reputed Bacliff gang members facing d...

Reputed Bacliff gang members facing drug charges

There are 46 comments on the Houston Chronicle story from May 23, 2008, titled Reputed Bacliff gang members facing drug charges. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

Jason James Ruppert was barely a teenager when federal officials say he became one of six founding members of a drug-dealing gang on Galveston County's north side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shawn

League City, TX

#1 May 23, 2008
It was kevin and tracy get it right
Honey Bee BMXer

Bethpage, NY

#2 May 27, 2008
Thats right. they were living in the trailers on 4th st. Jason wasnt the so called "Leader". WTF!!! I think the charges are so F***ed up. 10 years FED time. Holy S**T.

Since: Jun 08

Montgomery, TX

#3 Jun 3, 2008
key word "WAS" Kevin and Tracy. But leadership changes hands as the top goes to jail or dies, right?

“Greetings from the Twin Cities”

Since: Apr 07

Bloomington, MN

#4 Jun 3, 2008
Does anyone else think it is pretty messed up that one can be convicted of "conspiracy" which doesn't even require an action, just a thought?
"All four are charged with conspiracy, which carries a minimum of 10 years in prison and a fine up to $4 million."
"ยง 903. Criminal conspiracy.
(a) Definition of conspiracy.--A person is guilty of conspiracy with another person or persons to commit a crime if with the intent of promoting or facilitating its commission he:

agrees with such other person or persons that they or one or more of them will engage in conduct which constitutes such crime or an attempt or solicitation to commit such crime; or
agrees to aid such other person or persons in the planning or commission of such crime or of an attempt or solicitation to commit such crime."
This means that if someone says that they are going to rob a bank and you tell them "make sure you wear a mask," then you are guilty of conspiracy. WTF?!?!

Montgomery, TX

#5 Jun 5, 2008
yes dummy, that's exactly what that means. it's real simple, don't engage in or conspire to engage in criminal activity! that's what keeps you out of jail and the money stays in yr pocket! it's not hard logic!

Bloomington, MN

#6 Jun 5, 2008
4sp nomore, I just think that if someone is going to receive a punishment such as 10 years and $4 million in fines that they should at least have committed an act as opposed to just speaking. I just can't help but to think of "1984" and the thought police.
We have laws now that make it an additional crime based on your thought process (hate crimes). I just find the definition of a crime a little bit differently than what is commonly accepted in today's United States.

Montgomery, TX

#7 Jun 5, 2008
understand that every law was created due to someone or some entity being victimized by the act or attempted act. do you feel that someone attempting to break into your house be arrested and prosecuted? do you feel that 3 people "conspiring" to break into your house and rape your daughter should NOT be prosecuted because they didn't complete the act? conspiracy doesn't just mean "planning" or "thinking" about it. i have personal knowledge of this case and you can rest assured that all of the defendants not only "conspired" to engage in narcotic trafficking, they also particiapted and completed the act numerous times! and unfortunately for these defendants, when you violate FEDERAL law, you pay stiffer penalties - it's regardedas a deterrent NOT TO BREAK THE LAW!!!!! I guess society has forgotten the ideology of the term "punishment" in response to criminal acts. each of these defendants made an educated decision based on risk vs. benefit when they chose to engage in this activity, believing the benefit outweighed the risk, relying on the odds being in there favor. their biggest mistake was drawing the attention of a hard working cop and daring a response. they got it.

Bloomington, MN

#8 Jun 5, 2008
Good points, all. I am not necessarily concerned with the specifics of this case, but I find it crazy that one can be convicted of distribution and then also convicted of conspiracy to distribute. It just seems to me that the legal system looks for ways to compound the charges on someone in order to incarcerate them longer.
You say that you speak from personal knowlege of this case, well I speak from personal knowlege of the TDCJ-ID system. There is no help for someone who wants to get out of the "rut" of drugs. When one wants help, they are incarcerated with a bunch of people who do not want help.
What would be the harm of simply convicting the person of what they did, not what they intended to do (which most of the time the conspiracy charges are made, they are one in the same)?
Not to get on to another subject (well, actually yes it is), but do you feel that deterrance is the purpose of incarceration?

Montgomery, TX

#9 Jun 5, 2008
on the surface, your point is valid. but when you have a criminal organization, which essentially what this is, you have varying degrees of responsibility and culpability committed by the defendants. all are not doing precisely the same thing, but are acting, or conspiring if you will, in furtherance of that offense, thus the need for the conspiracy statute. unfortunately, our system is not perfect, but is and remains the most "politically correct " and "liberal minded" system in the free world. if you are speaking from experience within TDCJ, then you faced the same issues pertaining to inmate rights vs inmate priveleges? who determines rights vs privileges? the inmates? deterrance can and should take several forms, broadening the targeted audience - the public - encompassing ALL offenders of ALL crimes, thus the need for levels and degrees of offenses and establishing punishment ranges for violation and conviction of said offenses, thus creating the "Deterrent" to crime. If the death penalty was abolished in Texas for Capital cases, do you think we would see an increase in crimes previously deemed to be punishable by death? i don't think anyone in Texas wants to test that theory. it is not approapriate to comment about the case when you state that youare not concerned with the "specifics" of the case. how can you make an argument when you are not interested in the facts of the same? Ross Perot said it best, "Never try to sell anything you know nothing about".

Montgomery, TX

#12 Jun 5, 2008
I knew my response to his comment regarding his "experience" with TDCJ should have been, "as an employee or inmate?"

Bloomington, MN

#13 Jun 5, 2008
Please disregard nakedlobo sux, he is just an e-stalker that has followed me to plenty of threads posting the exact same post. He has offered no logical argument that has "beaten" me. Basically the extent of his argument is "you're a moron." Again, please disregard his statements... if you want to know anything about my experience, feel free to ask.
As for you points, I understand and in some ways I agree with your points. Your points about conspiring are valid and well taken. While our system may be flawed in many ways, it is far superior to most systems around the world (Sweden would be an exception - but our criminal justice system seems to model itself after the Swede's example).
As for inmate rights v privileges, I think that the line has been cloudy for quite some time. I don't think that TVs should be in prison, but at the same time, if they weren't you would have significantly more violence.
I don't believe that incarceration should be used as a deterrent. I feel that incarceration should be used as a last resort to separate violent criminals from society. I feel that most criminals could be rehabilitated. I am not sure of what the method should be, but I can say that incarceration decreases the chance that a non-violent offender will succeed on the outside.
I do feel, however, that capital punishment is a deterrent as that would be an ultimate solution. I don't feel that capital punishment should be repealed or halted. There is definately a need for it as a society.
As for my not being worried about the specifics of the case, I disagree with your statement. I feel that one can easily debate the points of a topic without concerning one's self with the details of a particular case. For example, this article. While I don't really care about the specifics, I am concerned about someone being convicted of a thought crime.
My beliefs are that any law that is created for the "greater good" without there being a harm to another individual prevented should not be a law. I also have concern about federal laws enacted that are in direct violation of the 10th Amendment. I also hate the fact that the Federal Government has circumvented the protections from "big government" that were put in place through the Constitution and Bill of Rights. If Thomas Jefferson were alive today he would be calling for another revolution. While I am not to that point, I think that we, as a nation, are headed in the wrong direction...
Jay Duke

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2008
Ok well, I see people have alot to say about somethings, but for the record, Kevin, and Tracy Gentry, Sparky, and Bubba Duke ran the 4th street gang. They started it, and ran it for years until the Brown Assasins ran them out. 4th street disbanded. They went to 9th street, then 12th street, then 6th street, then were ran out of Bacliff. Their bases of operation was not in Bacliff, it was in San Leon, any half with that has any prior knowledge of what was going on with that, wanna be gang would know where they were running stuff from. As far as Jason being the leader, well not unless he started his own, and well that's possible, but who wants to follow someone that ran from others, and got shot for doing so? I hold Jason accountable for alot of things, but not for being the ring leader, he wasn't smart enough. Just figured I'ld set the record straight on a few things.
DJJ

Houston, TX

#15 Jun 23, 2008
Jay Duke wrote:
Ok well, I see people have alot to say about somethings, but for the record, Kevin, and Tracy Gentry, Sparky, and Bubba Duke ran the 4th street gang. They started it, and ran it for years until the Brown Assasins ran them out. 4th street disbanded. They went to 9th street, then 12th street, then 6th street, then were ran out of Bacliff. Their bases of operation was not in Bacliff, it was in San Leon, any half with that has any prior knowledge of what was going on with that, wanna be gang would know where they were running stuff from. As far as Jason being the leader, well not unless he started his own, and well that's possible, but who wants to follow someone that ran from others, and got shot for doing so? I hold Jason accountable for alot of things, but not for being the ring leader, he wasn't smart enough. Just figured I'ld set the record straight on a few things.
Sounds like none of them were very smart.
Anonymous

Snellville, GA

#16 Jun 25, 2008
I dont ever think anyone was a leader just a bunch of friends. So I think all of you people with nothing better to do than talk about stuff you have no idea about need to get a life!!!!
Bacliff HATER

League City, TX

#17 Jun 26, 2008
I think the Bacliff Hooligans are getting what they all deserve. You do the crime you do the time! You should know right from wrong and if you're participating in the WRONG things, it's sure to catch up with you. I see all these weird-o's in Bacliff and can't help but wonder what kind of upbringing these kids have had. No morals, no respect, you might as well slap your mother and father right in the face! Rest assured that these small little towns will make an example out of every one of those SOB's!
bIG MAMA

United States

#18 Jun 26, 2008
Some kids had the best of worlds .they all have hearts to . yes it has to stop. they all need help. you have to slap yourself .the lord knows what is going on god bless us all WALK IN MY SHOES
Dpark-The Voice

Houston, TX

#19 Jul 8, 2008
DJJ wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like none of them were very smart.
Man who in the fuck are u......I got word from triple O.g.s that your info is in correct but they did say your brother Cecil was alright.....

Free My Homeboys....
And let these Frauds move along.......

Cop my album.....

And to the haters.We are all comcentrating on music now so quit callin the cops when we are bein too loud....We are on a positive note.....
Haterrrsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!
DJJ

Houston, TX

#20 Jul 9, 2008
Dpark-The Voice wrote:
<quoted text>
Man who in the fuck are u......I got word from triple O.g.s that your info is in correct but they did say your brother Cecil was alright.....
Free My Homeboys....
And let these Frauds move along.......
Cop my album.....
And to the haters.We are all comcentrating on music now so quit callin the cops when we are bein too loud....We are on a positive note.....
Haterrrsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!
Unless you and your "Homeboys" begin to get an education you'll be cleaning chemical cans for BFI the rest of your life. Take a look in the mirror and you'll see nothing but a "PUNK" !
Dpark-The Voice

Houston, TX

#21 Jul 11, 2008
DJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you and your "Homeboys" begin to get an education you'll be cleaning chemical cans for BFI the rest of your life. Take a look in the mirror and you'll see nothing but a "PUNK" !
Well Let me explain somethin my friend.....
I dont sell drugs or do anything of that sort.....
I travel around the country playin pool and I do alot of music ventures(now yes, most of you would consider rap music a criminal activity.....Why I called you all haters...)...All the other people in Bacliff that are 4th street or associated with 4th street are doing the same.......Music music and more music.....Now the fact that it's positive still doesn't matter because yall do and always will only recognize them for having 4th street ties or affiliations......

WITH THAT BEING SAID.....YOU MAY WANT TO EDUCATE YOURSELF AND LEARN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY CALLED HOMEBOYS BEFORE YOU SPEAK YOUR PART.....

And to everybody in Bacliff...Like I said before.....
FUCK THE HATERS...THEY WOULD HATE TO SEE US PROSPER REGARDLESS......

David Parker.....Have a nice fuckin day....

The Voice has left the buildin..........
jxo

League City, TX

#22 Jul 18, 2008
it's conspiracy because the people at the top of this comment list made it that way... KEEP IT REAL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bacliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joseph John Radler (Aug '14) Jul 21 TruthToUrFamily 53
Review: Heidi's Hair Salon (Mar '14) Jul 14 zoe 2
i love kickboxing League City Jul 14 Anonymous 3
Fire? Jul 13 trite 1
News Texas City cop charged with illegal dumping (Aug '09) Jul 13 WhoAreYouKidding 2
4th of July In Bacliff (Jun '09) Jul 4 Josie 8
News Kerryann Taylor Weds Matthew French (Mar '13) Jun 29 Honest truth 4

Bacliff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bacliff Mortgages