Teachers facing layoffs keep working ...

Teachers facing layoffs keep working for students

There are 44 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 27, 2009, titled Teachers facing layoffs keep working for students. In it, Newsday reports that:

What will they tell their students? The question weighs heavily on Mark Bligh and Frank Mele, both young teachers at Woods Road Elementary School in North Babylon .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Blow Me

Lindenhurst, NY

#41 Jun 13, 2012
To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if they were created by Administrators and Unions, the "TEACHERS" are the ones who sit in them day after day and do diddly sh*t. So they are just as much the problem as the Administrators and Unions.
And besides, the teachers are represented by the Union. The Union is supposed to speak on their behalf (that's what they are paid for). So if the Unions demand it, then the teachers wanted it.
If they had any kind of class (no pun intended), this would be one thing they would have demand the Union get rid of.
True, but it is likely they are pos's to get put there, so they are happy to get paid to do nothing. There are bad employees in every profession it's just they usually get fired. We have so much venom against all teachers because some are bad. No one ever says I hate all doctors because some are bad.

“Black Lies Matter”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#42 Jun 13, 2012
Blow Me wrote:
<quoted text>Learn the difference between can't and won't and also look up 3020-a hearing. The NYC rubber rooms are a problem created by administrators and unions not teachers.
The teachers' willfull blindness enables the union's nefarious misdeeds. They dgaf about the kids or the country.
Casandra

Douglasville, GA

#43 Jun 14, 2012
Blow Me wrote:
<quoted text>True, but it is likely they are pos's to get put there, so they are happy to get paid to do nothing. There are bad employees in every profession it's just they usually get fired. We have so much venom against all teachers because some are bad. No one ever says I hate all doctors because some are bad.
It isn't the venom that people has is against the teachers, it is against the unions and the ridiculous demands they have which translates to picking the tax payers pockets. I actually don't know anyone that doesn't like someone just because they are a teacher, but I do know people who have a problem with them being in a union. I am one of them.

And agreed, there are bad employees in every profession. But for those in the public sector, they are paid from my tax dollars. If a doctor is bad, they eventually lose a practice. Big difference.
Blow Me

Lindenhurst, NY

#44 Jun 14, 2012
Casandra wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't the venom that people has is against the teachers, it is against the unions and the ridiculous demands they have which translates to picking the tax payers pockets. I actually don't know anyone that doesn't like someone just because they are a teacher, but I do know people who have a problem with them being in a union. I am one of them.
And agreed, there are bad employees in every profession. But for those in the public sector, they are paid from my tax dollars. If a doctor is bad, they eventually lose a practice. Big difference.
I agree for the most part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Babylon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) Mon monday20 67
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Mon Bruser 2,479
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sun Bruser 8,020
News Craft beer 'incubator' planned for Copiague site Aug 28 Terry 1
News Sunrise Highway service road work to affect tra... Aug 28 Road Hog 1
Tarrantino murder Aug 27 joey b 4
News State closer to intervening in struggling schools Aug 27 Elise Gingerich 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Babylon Mortgages