Rosedale community too expensive
Sunset

Azusa, CA

#505 Sep 15, 2011
Past resident of rosedale wrote:
I wanted to tell the good and the bad about the rosedale because we lived there for about 2 years.
First, Good: It is a always a pleasure to live in a new home rather than live in a old home. Rosedale offers that luxury in LA area.
Bad: School districts are real deal and town of Azusa's crime rate is also a matter. We noticed few incidents of bad stuff's in rosedale but I can't write such things in online.
Overall our experience in rosedale is bitter rather say happier. Our best wishes for those already bought the home and giving a warning sign for those who plan to buy.
I have lived in Azusa for almost 30 years (not Rosedale)and have never been the victim of a crime, nor have I known any neighbors that have been victimized. I would love to know the specifics of your allegations. Why can't you state them online?
Almost

Mission Viejo, CA

#506 Oct 21, 2011
we're seriously considering Sage Court townhome...prob closest property to the train tracks...also concerned about crime/train track noise. for those that recommend against Rosedale, any good alternatives? even closer to LA?
Rosedale resident

Hilmar, CA

#507 Oct 21, 2011
Great place to live. Sage Court is just off Palm Ave. which leads into Azusa Pacific Univ to the south. It's a nice area. I believe you'll be walking distance to the big sports park once it's built. Sorry, no suggestions about another community closer to LA.
Azusa

Irvine, CA

#508 Dec 15, 2011
I have lived next to the tracks since October 2011 and it has come four different days in the middle of the night. The first time was a Saturday after Thanksgiving around 130AM, then it came back after it dropped off whatever it was carrying around 330AM. Then it came back again the following Tuesday at 430AM and came back around at 730AM.

Then again in December on a Sunday around 530PM, then came back after dropping off it's load around 830PM. And came back again Wed at 1230AM and came back again at 330AM.

It's one of those really long trains...really long. And the conductor that drives that thing is really annoying. He will hold down that horn button for the length of azusa it seems. Then it seems he just stops the horn. But the for the lenght of what seems like the city, you can clearly hear the horn...loudly. Thankfully it doesn't come around too often. So from I noticed if it comes in the middle of the night, expect it to come back three days later.

Besides that train, there is a train that comes everyday M-F. It comes between noon-130PM, then comes back around between 3PM-445PM. The conductors on these trains aren't as annoying. If it wasn't for the night train that has come 4 times, I forget that there is even a train track since I am at work during the times that the train comes.
mom with 2 girls

Santa Paula, CA

#509 Jun 1, 2012
we recently put a deposit down for Greenbriar in Rosedale, but can still back out. I love the communityI'm not very familiar with Azusa, but recently checked online about it's crime rate. Seems pretty high. For those of you who live in the Rosedale Community...how safe is it? Seems like there are quite a few sex offenders around, although not listed in the Rosedale community, but seems too close for comfort. We are a family of 4. We have 2 baby girls and what to make sure the area (or at least the community) is safe for kids. Please advise.
AtoZ

United States

#510 Jun 4, 2012
mom with 2 girls wrote:
we recently put a deposit down for Greenbriar in Rosedale, but can still back out. I love the communityI'm not very familiar with Azusa, but recently checked online about it's crime rate. Seems pretty high. For those of you who live in the Rosedale Community...how safe is it? Seems like there are quite a few sex offenders around, although not listed in the Rosedale community, but seems too close for comfort. We are a family of 4. We have 2 baby girls and what to make sure the area (or at least the community) is safe for kids. Please advise.
All cities have their share of pockets that are more troublesome than others. Azusa is probably one of the better up and coming cities in the San Gabriel Valley because of the new efforts to revitalize the downtown area and clean up any troublesome areas in the city.

In any case, I think you are correct in trying to assess the community you are going to live in because looking at overall city crime rate does not do justice to the parts of the city that are safe.
Rosedale resident

Azusa, CA

#511 Jun 11, 2012
I live on the east side bordering Glendora. No problems whatsoever. Very quiet even with construction going on.
Nematoda

Covina, CA

#512 Jul 16, 2012
Dante Glendora wrote:
I don't think these people are asking for a bargin deal it's being realistic,these homes are over priced,(Azusa resident) do you live in Rosedale? because if you do not you are talking about yourself just as well,there are no other homes in Azusa that are priced that high, ask any realestate agent they will tell you just the same.You need to do the demographic studies as well, and also brush up on your GRAMMER.....
Normally, I don't play the role of grammar police, but when you criticize someone's poor grammar, yet misspell the word "grammar," well, that's just too tempting to pass up.

In addition, in your post, you have a mistake in every single sentence.
RobMeckin

Montclair, CA

#513 Dec 26, 2012
We were looking at the neighborhood brochure and doing extensive online research before we visit the model homes. I just wondered whether Mapleton homes are still available? I know these are being advertised for mind $400k, but all the ready move-in homes are priced close to 530k. We also like houses on Tamarind Lane, but we might not be able to enjoy the city view due to lower elevation. All of all, these houses look nice but yards are incredibly small.
Also, it seems like there are three earthquake faults directly passing through the Rosedale before ending near the Azusa-Glendora city borderline. Did the seller disclose this information?
living in rosedale

Whittier, CA

#514 Feb 26, 2013
robmeckin,

They have discussed the fault line but only as it relates to the school in the middle of the property. They have said the plans are in the air but said the fault line is like 10,000 years old. There is some digging going on there but have no idea what is going on. the meeting where they inform us have pretty much stopped. Be careful of the houses that share a lot of common space cause of the HOA's - much higher down there. There really is no yards either, just a patio space. Find out about the plans for the train there too thru Metro. Heard there are going to be shops and stuff there, might get crazy. Hope that helps.
Rosedale Owner

United States

#515 Feb 26, 2013
Im one of the original dummies that bought into this community years ago. The location is quiet and beautiful, but if only we could go back in time we would skip our purchase. A house is one of our largest investment and we made a huge mistake buying our Rosedale home. I bought a million dollar home in an area that is surrounded by some good neighborhoods but mostly bad. The minute we drive out of the Rosedale gates we worry about where we park or eat. Weve had our Mercedez keyed and broken into. We sent our oldest son to the high school and that was short lived. We pulled him out after 4 months. Kids in this area are rough and jealous of those that may even look like their a bit more priviliged. We love our home... but theres so much more to loose by living here. We cant sell our home, were stuck and until the economy picks up, we will just need to ride it out. If you have a family, please be ware. There is a lot of racial tension in this City...
Anonymous

El Monte, CA

#516 Mar 28, 2013
The Rosedale community has really picked up. It is the only place in the 626 to get a brand new home. I know that there are some rough areas to the South but I really do think that it is going to end up being a really nice community when it is all said and done. The type of people moving into the community are mostly educated professionals. Why wouldn't you want to move in to a neighborhood like this. I plan on buying at Rosedale for that reason and I really hope that others follow suit.
Sunset

Los Angeles, CA

#517 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
The Rosedale community has really picked up. It is the only place in the 626 to get a brand new home. I know that there are some rough areas to the South but I really do think that it is going to end up being a really nice community when it is all said and done. The type of people moving into the community are mostly educated professionals. Why wouldn't you want to move in to a neighborhood like this. I plan on buying at Rosedale for that reason and I really hope that others follow suit.
Rosedale is doing very well, and the rest of the city is showing a lot of improvement too. The rough areas of town are being cleaned up, and the commercial areas are being renovated. I think a lot of this is because of Rosedale, but whatever the reason, it's good to see!
Rosedale Housing

United States

#518 Mar 29, 2013
I wouldnt give any credit to the Rosedale project for some of the improvements in Azusa, it was just a matter of time before they had to make some improvements. Rosedale is nice, but is it really worth the money? Think about it, your community is still within a run down City that is high in crime, the majority of residents are low income and minority, the school system is one of the worst and once the mining company starts to mine, you will have tons of dust. You can sugar coat Rosedale all you want, but youre still in Azusa and youre paying prices that are insane for this City.

Since: Mar 13

San Gabriel, CA

#519 Mar 30, 2013
I know Azusa has been the armpit of the SGV for awhile but I have really seen an improvement over the last couple of years and I it is only going to get better. It may not be overnight but the positive change will happen for sure. The Gold Line extension along with the type of residents in Rosedale are great for the city and surrounding communities. It sort of sucks for the people that purchased their homes in 2008 right before the economic downturn because they paid way too much and had to endure years of empty lots and no amenities. But things have changed. They currently can't build houses fast enough over there and the demand is only increasing.
Sunset

Los Angeles, CA

#520 Mar 31, 2013
Rosedale Housing wrote:
I wouldnt give any credit to the Rosedale project for some of the improvements in Azusa, it was just a matter of time before they had to make some improvements. Rosedale is nice, but is it really worth the money? Think about it, your community is still within a run down City that is high in crime, the majority of residents are low income and minority, the school system is one of the worst and once the mining company starts to mine, you will have tons of dust. You can sugar coat Rosedale all you want, but youre still in Azusa and youre paying prices that are insane for this City.
Fortunately, a lot of people seem to think you are wrong in your assessment. I'm not saying that Azusa has no issues. Your comment about the school district are absolutely correct. However, many of your other comments are overstated. Why do you say "they had to make some improvements"? Why did "they" have to do that? Look at some surrounding cities and you will see that "they" didn't seem to find it necessary, as they continue to remain run down. It's sad that you feel the need to look at this situation with such negativity.
Rosedale Housing

United States

#521 Apr 5, 2013
Sunset wrote:
<quoted text>Fortunately, a lot of people seem to think you are wrong in your assessment. I'm not saying that Azusa has no issues. Your comment about the school district are absolutely correct. However, many of your other comments are overstated. Why do you say "they had to make some improvements"? Why did "they" have to do that? Look at some surrounding cities and you will see that "they" didn't seem to find it necessary, as they continue to remain run down. It's sad that you feel the need to look at this situation with such negativity.
The reason I say "they had too" is because Azusa has been the ugly duckling of the SGV for as long as i can recall. Azusa knows theyre falling behind so they did the right thing by renovating the old town, and were fortunate to get the Target. Other than that, all the retail development is to the East bordering Glendora. Azusa is mostly populated by low income residents, even when rosedale is fully housed, it will remain a low income city. That is the reason why most of the bussinesses want to be near Glendora. Im an architect for a large developer\investor firm and we use a round template that we place over the area of interest. We calculate what the average earnins are per household and if it meets the criteria for a specific development or bussiness, we pull the trigger. I have tried many times to encourage development near our old town and the numbers are so off, it will take more than rosedale to support a major development in that area. I was actually very pleasantly suprised Target invested in our City, but later found out they got a lot of $$ support from the City. Practically got the land for free.

As for your comment about other Cities not finding it necessary to do anything and continue looking run down... that may be a true statement for the Cities such as Baldwin Park, La Puente, El Monte, but as for the Foothill Cities, Azusa is the only one needing attention in my opinion.
azGurl

Azusa, CA

#522 Jun 20, 2013
I guess the community is doing just fine....
Built out

Covina, CA

#523 Jul 23, 2013
When will it ever take place?
Integrity Department

Long Beach, CA

#524 Jul 31, 2013
Rosedale Owner wrote:
Im one of the original dummies that bought into this community years ago. The location is quiet and beautiful, but if only we could go back in time we would skip our purchase. A house is one of our largest investment and we made a huge mistake buying our Rosedale home. I bought a million dollar home in an area that is surrounded by some good neighborhoods but mostly bad. The minute we drive out of the Rosedale gates we worry about where we park or eat. Weve had our Mercedez keyed and broken into. We sent our oldest son to the high school and that was short lived. We pulled him out after 4 months. Kids in this area are rough and jealous of those that may even look like their a bit more priviliged. We love our home... but theres so much more to loose by living here. We cant sell our home, were stuck and until the economy picks up, we will just need to ride it out. If you have a family, please be ware. There is a lot of racial tension in this City...
Well. You claim to own a Mercedes, but can't accurately spell the name - and you say you live in Rosedale, but describe it as a gated community when not a single part of it is gated. Yeah, you sound legit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Azusa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baldwin Park City Manager Finished 9 min City hall insider 5
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 1 hr CWLXS 2,756
Little gene murrabito 1 hr sectioned off 3
Goldline station parking problems 1 hr grave suckers 6
Pacheco runs out of Council Meeting he was Slam... 12 hr Deliverance 3
They shoot for fun 15 hr oops accident 12
Allah Akbar 18 hr Double A s 1

Azusa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Azusa Mortgages