Navajo Nation, Farmington welcome overseas visitors

Jun 16, 2012 Full story: Farmington Daily Times 34

A team of business professionals from former Soviet republics will be on the Navajo Nation starting Sunday for a whirlwind tour of the best of small local businesses and the associations that support them.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Navajoe

Farmington, NM

#21 Nov 12, 2012
Judas wrote:
WHY ARE ALL THE NAVAJO BUSINESS OWNERS AT THE SHIPROCK FLEA MARKET????
That is where the gov. keeps the Navajo businessman.
Thats Funny

Farmington, NM

#22 Nov 14, 2012
All the Navajo businessmen are at the "Flea Market," what the hell is the RBDO doing and what it its purpose. Get rid of the government's power. How many new Navajo owned businesses have they started or how many Navajo owned businesses have the destroyed? or won't help to get started? Is RBDO only interested in RBDO?
REZident

Farmington, NM

#23 Nov 21, 2012
We showed them Russians alright! Of how not to run businesses. They probably laughed all the way back to Russia.

Did they see how Navajo Businesses are run by Navajo Businessmen and women at the "Flea Market?"
Ur nuckin futs

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Nov 21, 2012
Judas wrote:
Then they will get a chance to learn how to shoot themselves in the foot when the Shiprock RBDO teaches them about business? Are they going to show the Russian how to keep there own down? If that is the reason then the tour will payoff!! Heheheheheheh.
you complain out 'handouts' being given out to the Navajos, yet you and other "Armchair Economists" are critical of a Navajo Tribal individuals TRYING to sell or perform business to make some dollars than to RELY on the Navajo Tribal Government or the Barack Obama Federal Government.
As i Understand, you pay the flea market booth fee and set up you truck and sell your junk! Then you'll be the only 'speck' in the large crowd....such a distinction!
Heck, you could be make the 'honorary' tribal member and get cup of coffee and a kick in the a...butt.
Sober Up

Farmington, NM

#25 Nov 21, 2012
Ur nuckin futs wrote:
<quoted text>
you complain out 'handouts' being given out to the Navajos, yet you and other "Armchair Economists" are critical of a Navajo Tribal individuals TRYING to sell or perform business to make some dollars than to RELY on the Navajo Tribal Government or the Barack Obama Federal Government.
As i Understand, you pay the flea market booth fee and set up you truck and sell your junk! Then you'll be the only 'speck' in the large crowd....such a distinction!
Heck, you could be make the 'honorary' tribal member and get cup of coffee and a kick in the a...butt.
What the hell are you smoking! You sound like you don't know what the hell is going on here.
Navajoe

Farmington, NM

#27 Dec 18, 2012
Thats Funny wrote:
All the Navajo businessmen are at the "Flea Market," what the hell is the RBDO doing and what it its purpose. Get rid of the government's power. How many new Navajo owned businesses have they started or how many Navajo owned businesses have the destroyed? or won't help to get started? Is RBDO only interested in RBDO?
It looks to me that the RBDO is only keeping the Navajo businesspersons in the undesirable locations (Flea Market) and giving the best locations to larger businesses like for example: McDonalds, Taco Bell, Giant, Shell, and New Laundromat. Isn't the RBDO supposed to help the Navajos start their business instead it seems like they put the Navajos who want to start their own businesses on the backburner. Or are they (RBDO) only interested in giving up better locations to larger corporations who have money to shovel off to Window Rock? Thats just how it looks to me!

Exactly how many businesses are 100% or wholly owned by Navajo's in Shiprock? Flea Market, Buck's, and Kirk's Center might be owned by Navajos? And I wonder how much they pay (rents, taxes etc.) to Window Rock compared to the larger corporations?
Maii

Farmington, NM

#28 Dec 18, 2012
REZident wrote:
We showed them Russians alright! Of how not to run businesses. They probably laughed all the way back to Russia.
Did they see how Navajo Businesses are run by Navajo Businessmen and women at the "Flea Market?"
Navajo Government oppressing it's own? Discriminating against the young who do not speak Navajo very well. What will happen when these old farts get to old and then who will be changing their diapers? They had better start recognizing the younger smarter generation and treat them like Dine'. Peace! See you in the rest homes.
Haashkaai

Farmington, NM

#29 Jan 19, 2013
So are the Russians going to come back? Are they going to throw mountains of cash at the Navajo Nation for businesses or are they laughing their behinds off after they saw the circus that the Navajo Nation Government was running?
Tired of the Old Ways

Farmington, NM

#30 Jan 24, 2013
Maii wrote:
<quoted text> Navajo Government oppressing it's own? Discriminating against the young who do not speak Navajo very well. What will happen when these old farts get to old and then who will be changing their diapers? They had better start recognizing the younger smarter generation and treat them like Dine'. Peace! See you in the rest homes.
I aint changing no old tribal officials diapers when the get to old. I hope that they reap what they sow.
SJC Student

Farmington, NM

#31 May 3, 2013
Maii wrote:
<quoted text> Navajo Government oppressing it's own? Discriminating against the young who do not speak Navajo very well. What will happen when these old farts get to old and then who will be changing their diapers? They had better start recognizing the younger smarter generation and treat them like Dine'. Peace! See you in the rest homes.
We need to rid the Navajo Nation of the corrupt officials in 2014. Let's go all you who are not wearing depends in our OUR government. Smarter, younger and uncorrupted individuals need to bring in the New Navajo Nation Government.
Street Urchin

Farmington, NM

#32 May 10, 2013
SJC Student wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to rid the Navajo Nation of the corrupt officials in 2014. Let's go all you who are not wearing depends in our OUR government. Smarter, younger and uncorrupted individuals need to bring in the New Navajo Nation Government.
Represent you educated Navajos. We need smarter leadership not smarter crooks.
WTF

Albuquerque, NM

#33 May 10, 2013
Street Urchin wrote:
<quoted text>Represent you educated Navajos. We need smarter leadership not smarter crooks.
WTF...."Smarter Leadership"? Smarter leadership in a CULTURE of irresponsibility.....
Heathen Lamanite

United States

#34 May 10, 2013
SJC Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Youngsters? Like those 2 bozos from Bloomfield who recently got arrested for throwing rocks at cars and robbing teenagers in the park in F-town. LOL
No Pay

Farmington, NM

#35 May 11, 2013
Heathen Lamanite wrote:
<quoted text>
Youngsters? Like those 2 bozos from Bloomfield who recently got arrested for throwing rocks at cars and robbing teenagers in the park in F-town. LOL
I think the person said the educated smarter Navajos. The two that got caught were probably current officials?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aztec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WH Security Breach 45 min whose president now 9
San Juan County schools districts adjust to new... Sep 29 BeHereNow 5
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... Sep 29 Have to Wonder 194
Juvenile worker charged with possession (Jan '11) Sep 27 MANDY HAWKINS not... 51
Sharon Pfeifer Sep 26 yep_im_raysgirl 1
Farmington's San Juan Regional Medical Center r... Sep 24 sjrmc theives 1
New Mexico AG to investigate gas prices in Four... Sep 24 Chico 2
Aztec Dating
Find my Match

Aztec Jobs

Aztec People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Aztec News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Aztec

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]