CCSD, Navajo Education talk land, goals

CCSD, Navajo Education talk land, goals

There are 84 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 24, 2010, titled CCSD, Navajo Education talk land, goals. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Central Consolidated School District Superintendent Gregg Epperson apologized Thursday in front of the Navajo Nation Department of Dine Education for neglecting to renew a land lease signed by the district and the tribe that expired in October.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
DC Brat

Ft Mitchell, KY

#1 Jun 25, 2010
Mormon in the mix, Mormon alert! The number one reason why Kirtland (Mormon name) will get a lot of capital dollars for new facilities as if they have not enough. The Manning boys are back at it again, and their Mormon white contractors ready to built and pocket the monies. That is the name of the game when it comes to white Mormons. They will trample over the dark-skinned people as if they (Mormon) are superior in the sight of GOD!
Kiss The Rez Goodbye

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 25, 2010
I think its time CCSD Splits the district. Give the Navajo Nation the Land and Schools and let them operate them. It will be just like the Shiprock Fair. These people are always asking for more and complaining of being mistreated. Give it all to them and see how long they can last.
Concerned

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Jun 25, 2010
In reading the article in today's paper and Epperson's comments I question the truthfullness of his comments. To say that he and everybody else was caught by surprise by the lease issue leaves a lot to question. It's common knowledge in the community that B. Manning was aware of the expired leases. Epperson has been aware of the issue for almost two months. Its also known that Epperson has been directed to start moving KBO to SAO. He has yet to take action. I guess he dosn't believe in taking guidance from his bosses. I'll bet you if Randy Manning told him to move SAO to KBO it would have already been done. I'm curious to how much longer the board will tolerate his performance. The board is legally liable for all actions that occur in a school district. I would hope that they will start stepping up and start cleaning up the mess created by Epperson and B. Manning.
Get Rid of Rez

Washington, DC

#4 Jun 25, 2010
It's just us Johns can't handle our own business. This is the same reason we got sent to Fort Sumner. Now were blaming everyone else just like Obama.
for heavens sake

Pagosa Springs, CO

#5 Jun 25, 2010
Just renew the lease and get on with it. The superintendent is doing a great job given the circumstances. There are a million things to focus on and I'm sure he didn't come on board with the information about a 25 year old lease. The misinformed gossip that spews out from those with nothing better to do is an outdated childish practice. Renew the lease so that children have the opportunity to get an education. There are so many items that go into running a school district. To throw the whole system out is going to leave this area in educational poverty.
slammer

Tuba City, AZ

#6 Jun 25, 2010
for heavens sake wrote:
Just renew the lease and get on with it. The superintendent is doing a great job given the circumstances. There are a million things to focus on and I'm sure he didn't come on board with the information about a 25 year old lease. The misinformed gossip that spews out from those with nothing better to do is an outdated childish practice. Renew the lease so that children have the opportunity to get an education. There are so many items that go into running a school district. To throw the whole system out is going to leave this area in educational poverty.

I agree. Just renew the freakin lease already. Wahts the big deal? So it goes expired, just renew it and get on with it. Close the school if need be and return it to the tribe if that is what they want. Its state tax money anyway.
Concerned

Rio Rancho, NM

#7 Jun 25, 2010
for heavens sake wrote:
What qualifications do you possess to determine the job performance of the superintendent? You sound like one of his cabinet lackies. Based on what I've seen to date he hasn't done much except author the "Guiding Principles" which he has violate since inception.
a citizen

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jun 25, 2010
Seem to me that this forgotten lease is on B. Manning's shoulders. He does have a shaking business practice background to his credit, which he knows how to cover himself.
I just do not trust the guy. I would feel sorry for the next person to replace him as they try to sort through his mess.
Molly

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jun 25, 2010
Want to take a guess how long it will take to renew the leases? It is my opinion as I do not have the facts, that the Navajo Nation is unable to attract business to the reservation because of the insurmountable obtacles the bloated, inefficient, at times comical, Navajo Tribal Government inflicts on its own people. The Navajo Tribe and the Chapters are like Keystone Kops or worse. They claim their right to sovreignty, but don't have a clue what to do with it. It seems to me the Tribe wants to collect monies, but then expects the Federal and State Government tax monies to pay for everything. When I was a kid I got an allowance from my parents. I can remember a huge shock when I asked for money to go see a movie and my mother said I should use my allowance money for that. What a concept! I think Tribe is like that. Give them all the money they want and let them blow it on whatever they want, but still cough up more and more and don't ask questions.
navajo

Fontana, CA

#10 Jun 25, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
What qualifications do you possess to determine the job performance of the superintendent? You sound like one of his cabinet lackies. Based on what I've seen to date he hasn't done much except author the "Guiding Principles" which he has violate since inception.
The guiding priciple is a JOKE,just as the STEERING COMMITTEE is...
for heavens sake

Pagosa Springs, CO

#11 Jun 25, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you the same question. What qualifications do you possess to whine and determine his job performance? Or perhaps, like others here it doesn't matter who is in an administrative position, they get slammed just for general purposes because it's easier than contributing to the solutions or they didn't do everything YOUR way.
Segregate Now

Fontana, CA

#12 Jun 25, 2010
Kiss The Rez Goodbye wrote:
I think its time CCSD Splits the district. Give the Navajo Nation the Land and Schools and let them operate them. It will be just like the Shiprock Fair. These people are always asking for more and complaining of being mistreated. Give it all to them and see how long they can last.
YES! I agree. Create a new school district. Separate the whites from the non-whites (we definitely to segregate). Get it done and over with already. There is more oversight with school districts than what was happening with the Shiprock Fair board so it's highly unlikely the newly formed Nataani Nez Public School District will following in the footsteps of the defunct Shiprock Fair, Inc. There are plenty of school districts operated by American Indian people. It's about time American Indians took charge of their own education! Central Consolidated School District has failed miserably.
Objection

Fontana, CA

#13 Jun 25, 2010
for heavens sake wrote:
Just as the Zuni Pueblo (1980's) broke from McKinley School District...the Navajo Nation needs to do the same. Keep the money separate. Keep property tax money in kirtland and keep native money on the rez. No misinformed gossip here. Inspection of Public Records in full force with this issue. Create a new separate system and all the childish practices will remain in the separated communities. Traditional cultural teachings that we will never be poor as long as we practice Ke'.
Havasupai

Surprise, AZ

#14 Jun 25, 2010
Get Rid of Rez wrote:
It's just us Johns can't handle our own business. This is the same reason we got sent to Fort Sumner. Now were blaming everyone else just like Obama.
You write like a non-Native trying to make your point while pretending to be Navajo. Most tribes were not sent to other places to live like Ft. Summner because they could not handle their own business. It was not to protect us or educate us or assimilate us. It was to kill us off. The government knew that the moves would take out lives and discourage us. You are so pitiful but we all have to answer to what we have done in the end.
Be the Best

Shiprock, NM

#15 Jun 25, 2010
slammer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Just renew the freakin lease already. Wahts the big deal? So it goes expired, just renew it and get on with it. Close the school if need be and return it to the tribe if that is what they want. Its state tax money anyway.
The reason for closing the school, financial, because of declining enrollment. Shiprock people you need to start humping more on hump day, you need more kids to keep the schools open! LOL
Harper Valley PTA

Grand Junction, CO

#16 Jun 25, 2010
Kiss The Rez Goodbye wrote:
I feel like I have to speak up here. It is no secret in Kirtland that the Mannings deliberately let the Reservation leases expire. Because they failed in their last effort to split the district by petition and create the Riverview District east of the Hogback and north of the River, they are hoping to provoke the Navajos into siezing the schools on the Reservation and in this way creating two districts which Byron and Randy could not accomplish on their own because very few people in the community actually supported it. The 3rd Ward is up to its old tricks folks. Byron is openly bragging how he is deliberately spreading rumors that "the bulldozers are coming" to demolish the school in Shiprock. What the Mannings, Sherwoods, Wheelers, etc. want is for AIM to get involved and start an armed conflict on the Reservation causing the district to split. Just like Fairchild. I hope the Navajo people are smart enough not to fall into the Mannings' trap. Don't do Byron and Randy's dirty work for them. Obviously Superintendent Epperson is not smart enough or strong enough to control the Mannings. Mark my words: If CCSD#22 cannot find a superintendent strong enough to put Byron back on his leash, CCSD#22 will split, and someone will probably get hurt before all this is over. I hope it is not any of our children.
Concerned

Rio Rancho, NM

#17 Jun 25, 2010
There is an old political saying by a now deceased pundit that goes as follows......"We deserve who we elect"....the community of Kirtland elected Randy Manning.......so the community deserves him. By the same token the board hired Epperson.......so the board deserves him......and the personnel of of the district have to put up with him even if he along with the Mannings continue to ruin the district.
Get Rid of Rez

Washington, DC

#18 Jun 25, 2010
Havasupai wrote:
<quoted text>
You write like a non-Native trying to make your point while pretending to be Navajo. Most tribes were not sent to other places to live like Ft. Summner because they could not handle their own business. It was not to protect us or educate us or assimilate us. It was to kill us off. The government knew that the moves would take out lives and discourage us. You are so pitiful but we all have to answer to what we have done in the end.
You supporting Illegals is what's going to kill us off. Will all be speaking and typing Spanish soon. Most of the Tribes down south speak Spanish aready.
Judge Judy

Dolores, CO

#19 Jun 25, 2010
for heavens sake wrote:
Just renewing the lease will not solve the main problem that plagues CCSD. The land lease is simply the "hump that broke the camels back." For years now the communities of Newcomb and Shiprock have been deceived. CCSD is full of ruthless individuals in their administration that have there own hidden agendas and don't care about the Navajo students. So, yes let CCSD sign a new lease but clean house first, this includes Epperson, and both Mannings.

To those of you that keep remarking that you are tired of the whinnying well us whiners are tired of the lack of integrity at CCSD. It is time for it to all, "come out in the wash," and justice be served.
Harper Valley PTA

Grand Junction, CO

#20 Jun 25, 2010
Judge Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
To those of you that keep remarking that you are tired of the whinnying well us whiners are tired of the lack of integrity at CCSD. It is time for it to all, "come out in the wash," and justice be served.
Bingo. Here's a little hint: See how many major bids have gone to Losee Architects over the last few years. Why does CCSD constantly use an architect out of Utah that no other school district in New Mexico uses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aztec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 12 hr Richies Cool Man ... 736
Redburn tires Sun Jack Harry 1
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Jul 19 Hush Money MVD 84
News County's justice system corrupt (Oct '10) Jul 8 the victim 52
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jun '17 sadeyes982003 362
News Young male drowns in Farmington Lake (Aug '08) Jun '17 Tim 36
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun '17 Tim 54

Aztec Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aztec Mortgages