Teen faces murder charge

Teen faces murder charge

There are 94 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from May 17, 2010, titled Teen faces murder charge. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

A 17-year-old juvenile is accused of shooting and killing a Farmington man nearly two weeks after earning an early release from the San Juan County Juvenile Detention Center for good behavior, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ummmm

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 18, 2010
Sounds like another dirt bag should be executed. I also heard FPD was first on scene because the Sheriffs were a farther from the scene. I think the paper needs to get their facts straight once again.
Us in Farmington

Farmington, NM

#3 May 18, 2010
Our Deepest Sympathy goes out to the Sanchez Family for their loss. May God help you through this terrible tragedy. God Bless.
Daddy Kalinka

Albuquerque, NM

#4 May 18, 2010
Mankind is terminal!I'm just waiting for my ride to get here.D.K.
Wow

Lincoln, NE

#6 May 18, 2010
People are so mean! There are two lives destroyed, the life of the man killed and the life of the boy who shot him. WE need to pray for them not judge them. God be with both their families at this time!
Idiots are alive and well

Albuquerque, NM

#7 May 18, 2010
smoking gun!!!...Hang the low life.....did the system fail.....maybe...... but this guy should hang
concerned in farmington

Albuquerque, NM

#8 May 18, 2010
A gang member? Another one down and how many more to go. It sounds like Mama has taught him well, trying to tell the cops Sanchez shot first. What a bunch of losers.
Cindy Mesa AZ

Sahuarita, AZ

#9 May 18, 2010
My Prayers go out to the Sanchez Family Peace be with all of you. This is another senseless act of a teenager who didn't get enough discipline growing up no structure probably no team sports just do what you wanna do as long as you don't disturb the parents. Well Good job Perez Family on raising a murderer. What the Hell is wrong with parents today? Was the Glock he executed Benny with a bonus for getting out of Juvenile detention early?
OnLooker

Durango, CO

#10 May 18, 2010
Wow wrote:
People are so mean! There are two lives destroyed, the life of the man killed and the life of the boy who shot him. WE need to pray for them not judge them. God be with both their families at this time!

Are you serious?! I hope the little gang-banger get's the chair and his mommy gets to sit on his lap when they pull the switch.
Joe

Placitas, NM

#11 May 18, 2010
So his sister was his girlfriend
MeLo

Farmington, NM

#12 May 18, 2010
This is a very sad and no one should pass judement we are noone to judge, Both families have to suffer for the choice 1 kid made. It is not always fair to blame the families. Yes I do agree Perez's mother is not be the best person around and he was not raised by her. He was brought up in a good family where he was taught respect and morals, the rest of this family are good hard working people that DO NOT live their life this way. Both men involved come from good families that work very hard every day. The problem is everyone has their own mind and makes their own desicions. Each individual is responsible for their own actions, we cant go around blaming race or family for everything that a person does. I personally know both families and may god be with both in this time of need.
Coolio

Albuquerque, NM

#13 May 18, 2010
How many murders will continue to take place in South Farmington before something is done? The city desperately needs a police substation in that area. I hope they fry the little bastard. Whether or not it was gang related is not the issue here........both were carrying non registered illegal weapons, which in my book, makes both of them guilty. Mom makes up this ridiculous story about self defense. What a joke! Forensic evidence will prove her to be a liar.
Wow

Hawthorne, CA

#14 May 18, 2010
OnLooker wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?! I hope the little gang-banger get's the chair and his mommy gets to sit on his lap when they pull the switch.
Yes I'm serious! You don't know this boy so you can't judge him. True I don't know him either but I do know that he was young and made some really bad decisions. What was a 33 year old man doing confronting a 17 year old? At 33 you should have more sense than a 17 year old. I'm sorry for the Sanchez family as well as for the Perez family. May God be with them and with you and anyone else who makes stupid, senseless and ignorant comments such as these.
RIP Ben

Farmington, NM

#15 May 18, 2010
May Ben RIP and my thoughts and prayers are with his family
MeLo

Farmington, NM

#16 May 18, 2010
Coolio wrote:
How many murders will continue to take place in South Farmington before something is done? The city desperately needs a police substation in that area. I hope they fry the little ****. Whether or not it was gang related is not the issue here........both were carrying non registered illegal weapons, which in my book, makes both of them guilty. Mom makes up this ridiculous story about self defense. What a joke! Forensic evidence will prove her to be a liar.
First off this did not happen on the SOUTHSIDE of Farmington!!Second if you have ever been to the SOUTH of Farmington you would know there is a Police sub Station which not only FPD work out of but is also used by SWAT!! True I agree forensics will prove this case in the end. You can not blame the area or even the people in the SOUTHSIDE for the actions of certain individuals. There are MANY good families and Businesses in the SOUTHSIDE. Like I said before STOP blaming RACE, FAMILY, and WHERE a PERSON is from its the individuals and their poor choices to blame.
Ray

Los Angeles, CA

#17 May 18, 2010
Born to lose.
Coolio

Albuquerque, NM

#18 May 18, 2010
MeLo wrote:
<quoted text>
First off this did not happen on the SOUTHSIDE of Farmington!!Second if you have ever been to the SOUTH of Farmington you would know there is a Police sub Station which not only FPD work out of but is also used by SWAT!! True I agree forensics will prove this case in the end. You can not blame the area or even the people in the SOUTHSIDE for the actions of certain individuals. There are MANY good families and Businesses in the SOUTHSIDE. Like I said before STOP blaming RACE, FAMILY, and WHERE a PERSON is from its the individuals and their poor choices to blame.
First off......this incident DID take place in South Farmington. It happened on Taos Street......just off of South Butler. Second......I never blamed race on anything. Third.......A police substation exists next to the plant and McCormick Elementary. I would recommend a location next to Sycamore Park or the corner of Butler and Murray. People living South of Murray are in constant fear due to all the senseless killings over the years. Facts don't lie!
Solid Proof

Albuquerque, NM

#19 May 18, 2010
You don't know who confronted who. Don't assume.
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I'm serious! You don't know this boy so you can't judge him. True I don't know him either but I do know that he was young and made some really bad decisions. What was a 33 year old man doing confronting a 17 year old? At 33 you should have more sense than a 17 year old. I'm sorry for the Sanchez family as well as for the Perez family. May God be with them and with you and anyone else who makes stupid, senseless and ignorant comments such as these.
MeLo

Farmington, NM

#20 May 18, 2010
Coolio wrote:
<quoted text>First off......this incident DID take place in South Farmington. It happened on Taos Street......just off of South Butler. Second......I never blamed race on anything. Third.......A police substation exists next to the plant and McCormick Elementary. I would recommend a location next to Sycamore Park or the corner of Butler and Murray. People living South of Murray are in constant fear due to all the senseless killings over the years. Facts don't lie!
Ok FACTS DON'T LIE for your info THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON TAOS STREET IT HAPPENED IN WILDFLOWER AND LAST TIME I CHECKED WILDFLOWER IS UP BY MESA VIEW NOT IN THE SOUTHSIDE!! WELL THE PLANT AND MCCORMICK ARE STILL IN THE SOUTHSIDE OF FARMINGTON AREN'T THEY? I DONT THINK A 2 TO 5 BLOCK DIFFRENCE IN LOCATION FOR A SUBSTATION IS GOING TO MAKE THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE. THE COPS ARE CONSTANTLY PATROLING ALL OVER THE SOUTH, MAYBE THE ISSUE AT HAND IS THE WAY FPD HANDLES THE CRIMES. THERE ARE MANY CRIMES THAT ARE LOOKED OVER EVEN WHEN THE SUSPECTS ARE PRETTY MUCH HANDED OVER TO THE POLICE IN SOME CASES, SO OF COURSE CRIMINALS DO WHAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH.
Idiots one and all

Las Cruces, NM

#21 May 18, 2010
All you bleeding heart liberals still think the death penalty is a bad thing. This dirtbag kid will never be rehabilitated and will never be a productive member of society. Instead of paying for his stay, lets do what he deserves and send him to answer to his maker.
yup

United States

#22 May 18, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I'm serious! You don't know this boy so you can't judge him. True I don't know him either but I do know that he was young and made some really bad decisions. What was a 33 year old man doing confronting a 17 year old? At 33 you should have more sense than a 17 year old. I'm sorry for the Sanchez family as well as for the Perez family. May God be with them and with you and anyone else who makes stupid, senseless and ignorant comments such as these.
wow you say not to judge yet here you are judging other people for their comments...we are americans we have the right to free speech so dont put "god" in this situation...and they said they tried opportunities to help him out did he take them? did he go back to school? APPARENTLY not so personally he has to sleep in the bed he made...god is not with him right now if he has multiple assault,battere,drug charges...he needs to be get what he deserves..you dont see other 17 year olds that go to school and have good ethics shooting people..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aztec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 3 hr Debbie 6,979
Sexual Sat Make me 1
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Sat 47 days remaining 676
News Two small children in distress after being left... (Aug '10) Dec 1 Tuylo 417
News 4 US Senators :Ask the Army Corps of Engineers ... Nov 28 Where are the Lea... 1
chance of a lifetime!!!! Nov 26 Twizzler937 1
News CCSD board member files motion addressing claims Nov 21 Whammer Jammer 1

Aztec Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aztec Mortgages