Warm meal hard to find for unemployed...

Warm meal hard to find for unemployed in Farmington

There are 7 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Dec 25, 2013, titled Warm meal hard to find for unemployed in Farmington. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Michael Zarate, of Farmington, stands on Main Street while waiting for the Roof, a homeless shelter, to open on Christmas Day in Farmington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Zornan

United States

#1 Dec 26, 2013
Problem is, working for minimum wage will not get you a place to live. Housing is relatively expensive in this town, and jobs are scarce.
too bad for him

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Dec 26, 2013
if he were a Shiprock Navajo, even from Fruitland - he'd go back and get at least three HOT meal from family, brother, sister, or relative family. I've yet to see or witness anybody STARVE from food on the reservation. Always something to eat.
observasion

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 26, 2013
Why is it that the white people get their pictures in the paper (for lack of a better word) for mindless acts and the minorities only in bad situations. Look at the census data and how many white people hold the elected postions, qualified or not, own businesses or still act like they are better than the majority in the 2nd racist city in the country - farmington, nm.
No Tolerance

United States

#4 Dec 26, 2013
observasion wrote:
Why is it that the white people get their pictures in the paper (for lack of a better word) for mindless acts and the minorities only in bad situations. Look at the census data and how many white people hold the elected postions, qualified or not, own businesses or still act like they are better than the majority in the 2nd racist city in the country - farmington, nm.
The irony--Farmington denies its racism, even though it's in full display and easily observed by anyone who has ever had experience outside the area.
Horace

United States

#5 Dec 26, 2013
No Tolerance wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony--Farmington denies its racism, even though it's in full display and easily observed by anyone who has ever had experience outside the area.
Such as? I'm black and the overwhelming majority of prejudice I get are from navajos and illegals. I myself couldn't care less but my half navajo grandkids are subjected to unbelievable torment.

If it's so easily observable, it should be easy to provide examples, or you're jes blowing smoke outta yer arse.
steven

Long Beach, CA

#6 Dec 31, 2013
Horace wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as? I'm black and the overwhelming majority of prejudice I get are from navajos and illegals. I myself couldn't care less but my half navajo grandkids are subjected to unbelievable torment.
If it's so easily observable, it should be easy to provide examples, or you're jes blowing smoke outta yer arse.
I'm Navajo and i agree with you.

We moved to Farmington in the early 60's, made plenty of anglo & hispanic friends in school, went away in early 70's to go to college. Returned in 80's and found the place full of negativity from all sides. It's a sad place to live now, glad i moved out.
What would it be like without it?
Horace

Rio Rancho, NM

#7 Dec 31, 2013
steven wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Navajo and i agree with you.
We moved to Farmington in the early 60's, made plenty of anglo & hispanic friends in school, went away in early 70's to go to college. Returned in 80's and found the place full of negativity from all sides. It's a sad place to live now, glad i moved out.
What would it be like without it?
Good to hear. Getting educated and making a success of your life is always the best revenge against those who wish to bring you down. Hats off to you, sir.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aztec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Mon Lofty 6,879
Kirtland Music Selection (Aug '12) Mon Musikologist 15
Interest in Pro Wrestling in Farmington? Jul 20 TryHarder 6
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jul 14 Wsuokgdrkhfc 619
Looking for Good DWI Attorney in Farmington N.M. Jul 14 I see now 4
News New detox center to open in Farmington Jul 7 Osama 7
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Jul 5 Herb 62

Aztec Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aztec Mortgages