Tax increases on table to balance Far...

Tax increases on table to balance Farmington's $4.4M deficit

There are 7 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Apr 5, 2013, titled Tax increases on table to balance Farmington's $4.4M deficit. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Discussion on how to balance the city's nearly $4.4 million budget deficit turned into a political skirmish over possible tax increases at Tuesday morning's city council work session.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 5, 2013
Well of course tax hikes considered instead of cutting expenses like normal people. obama does it, the State does it, the county does it, the city does it. Too bad 'working people' have to trim expenses when take home pay is trimmed by all the taxes.
Con Todo

Mesa, AZ

#2 Apr 5, 2013
You can thank your governor for this inevitable tax increase. Existing tax subsidies for corporations aren't enough, she's now given them a multi-year tax rollback. And, you, you lucky middle class taxpayers have to make up the difference.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/legisla...
Wondering

Farmington, NM

#3 Apr 5, 2013
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that the 2 Democrat (Liberal?) council members want to cut spending and not raise taxes while the 2 Republican council members and the Mayor want to raise taxes???
xando

Gilbert, AZ

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that the 2 Democrat (Liberal?) council members want to cut spending and not raise taxes while the 2 Republican council members and the Mayor want to raise taxes???
Considering recent US history, where "conservative" repubs brought wars, taxes, enormous spending and deficits, I'm not surprised. And little Farmington is "ruled" (correct term) by a few of its laughable and out of touch social elite (the likes of whom would be the butt of jokes in places with true social elites, who are also jokes, themselves).

Which side does Mary Fisher fall on? I like the way she doesn't usually lockstep with the other jokers.
xando

Gilbert, AZ

#5 Apr 6, 2013
Good for Mary Fischer!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6 Apr 7, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering recent US history, where "conservative" repubs brought wars, taxes, enormous spending and deficits, I'm not surprised. And little Farmington is "ruled" (correct term) by a few of its laughable and out of touch social elite (the likes of whom would be the butt of jokes in places with true social elites, who are also jokes, themselves).
Which side does Mary Fisher fall on? I like the way she doesn't usually lockstep with the other jokers.
You are right about about the socially elite fools of SJC. Actually they are the butt of jokes in SJC.
Clark Howard

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Apr 7, 2013
Funny a few months ago when Rob got his big raise and stipend Tommyboy was praising Blob on what fine job he had done in keeping the citys finances in great shape. Now in a span of a few months the city is facing a 4.4 million dollar deficeit. Something doesnt seem right. Maybe Tommyboys in-laws and Sgt Simmons will pay back the dollar value of the generous gifts given to them by Dusenberry from the CVB to help the defeiceit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aztec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 5 hr Joyce 6,795
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Feb 5 349 days remaining 525
News Special report: Farmington police department's ... (Sep '10) Feb 3 Michael Oshkeniew 301
Area contractors Feb 3 switchbaits 1
News Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... (May '14) Jan 31 Go figr 29
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Jan 31 Bkljkl 61
victoria stringer anyone know her Jan 30 madashell 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aztec Mortgages