Bart

Stone Mountain, GA

#1 May 25, 2013
Dear residents please lets do all we can to prevent west nile in our community.
Look around your property for anything that has standing water or could hold water. Please empty them.
with the resent rains mosquito's will be out laying eggs. We need do what we can to prevent it.
The Dallas/Ft. Worth area has had the most cases of West Nile in resent years.
So please lets do what we can to protect our loved ones.
Bay Citizen

Haslet, TX

#2 May 25, 2013
Bart wrote:
Dear residents please lets do all we can to prevent west nile in our community.
Look around your property for anything that has standing water or could hold water. Please empty them.
with the resent rains mosquito's will be out laying eggs. We need do what we can to prevent it.
The Dallas/Ft. Worth area has had the most cases of West Nile in resent years.
So please lets do what we can to protect our loved ones.
If a birdbath is emptied each day are those alright? If not, what can be done for those? And I have a small pool outside for the dogs during the day. Should those be emptied each day should we not have them at all? That West Nile is nothing to mess with.
Bart

Stone Mountain, GA

#3 May 25, 2013
Just watch both for mosquito larva. Empty if you see the larva. The dogs need that little pool in the Texas heat.
Others might some good suggestions on things we need to do also.
PBResident

Haslet, TX

#4 May 25, 2013
Bart wrote:
Just watch both for mosquito larva. Empty if you see the larva. The dogs need that little pool in the Texas heat.
Others might some good suggestions on things we need to do also.
Are you kidding me??!! Have u looked around PB lately? I could keep everything I own free of water but because CC REFUSES to clean up PB, we all live next to breeding grounds for all sorts of dangerous critters. Cats and coons in abandoned buildings, water in abandoned cars and boats and yards that are grown up 6 feet. They won't do anything until somebody in PB gets hurt or sick and then it's too late.
PBResident

Haslet, TX

#5 May 25, 2013
You can safely add bleach to bird baths and dog bowls. 1 tsp to a gallon of water. Larva can't live in that. Because we live by the lake, any pesticides u put on ur lawn or spray will end up in the lake so yard guard is not recommended.
Personally I'm loading up on insect repellant and doing heartworm medicine for my animals. The ppl behind me have lots of empty barrels and u can see the mosquito swarms coming out. Good luck and God Bless. If we ever get a case out here, it's gonna be bad
Bart

Stone Mountain, GA

#6 May 26, 2013
If each pesrson out here does what we can to help. We might be able to make a difference.
Symptoms of west nile virus are the same as the flu from what I understand.
Maybe this is an issue we can bring up at next council meeting. I am sure not one council member or the mayor would want this virus to claim the life of any resident in our community.
goodwords

Azle, TX

#7 May 26, 2013
So nice, Bart your o.k. you are so right, it needs to be put on the sign at the corner store to empty ant standing water, and the 1-800# for anything to do with west nile. and PLEASE folks protect your pets from heart worms.
Bart

Stone Mountain, GA

#8 May 26, 2013
goodwords wrote:
So nice, Bart your o.k. you are so right, it needs to be put on the sign at the corner store to empty ant standing water, and the 1-800# for anything to do with west nile. and PLEASE folks protect your pets from heart worms.
Hey the sign is a GREAT IDEA.
I think Sara Knapp does the postings on it. Does anyone know how to get a hold of her and ask?
Texan

Wichita, KS

#9 May 28, 2013
You can buy mosquito waffers to put in birdbaths fish ponds the water for your animals, even stock ponds. They takle care of the mosquito problem and are nontoxic to pets and other animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Azle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renomom was on Facebook while baby drowned in t... 2 hr Texan 2
Reno Council Members Leave Meeting 2 hr Texan 11
Reno Mayor Candidates 2 hr Texan 11
Caleb Olivas (Apr '16) Fri Amy Youngblood 2
STRANGER THINGS: Azle & Reno Jun 23 Texan 2
News Pelican Bay struggles to pay bills (May '13) Jun 7 Texan 56
Hunter&Basham giving away CITY property Jun 7 Texan 6

Azle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance