Ayer High mourns student's death

There are 8 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 28, 2010, titled Ayer High mourns student's death. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Ayer School Superintendent George Frost confirmed Thursday afternoon that the school community was mourning the tragic death of a junior girl from Shirley who had apparently taken her own life on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Girls friend

Boston, MA

#41 Feb 1, 2011
Crank Blogger wrote:
How about some accountability starting with firing of Frost. Failure at this level is unacceptable.
really firing frost isn't going to do anything..it was not up to him what happened & you don't know whether he is or has done something thanks.I go To Ayer high and i know he has done something so mind you business thank you !
Cares

Tyngsboro, MA

#42 Feb 1, 2011
Maybe when high school students are caught bullying, this should go into their school records so when they apply to colleges this will show up....maybe then parents would begin to really show some interest and kids will think twice about what they are doing? Not all bullies are scumbags, many of them are top athletes, smart kids and come from well-to-do families and they think they are immune to penalties because they are the elite crowd. Just a thought.
swimminitup

Brewster, MA

#43 Feb 1, 2011
Ayer Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this post even have to do with a HS student committing suicide? Completely off topic.
Thank You!!!! WAY off the topic!!!
Cares

Tyngsboro, MA

#44 Feb 2, 2011
No, it's not off topic. Many cases of student suicide happen because a student is being bullied to the point of feeling helpless. Unfortunately, sometimes suicide feels like their only option (Phoebe Prince example). Her bullies were schoolmates, as in most cases. Let's hold the children doing the bullying accountable with REAL consequences!!!
Outraged

Leominster, MA

#45 Feb 7, 2011
I think the fact that you people are discussing this online and pointing fingers with incorrect information is disgusting, and even if the information held true it is not for the public to know. No one will ever actually understand why she took her own life, but you people are only feeding the rumors that are continuing to hurt her family. Pray for her, pray for her family, do anything besides sit here and point fingers - you people are disgusting
Sonny

Fitchburg, MA

#46 Feb 8, 2011
Outraged,

You sound like your typical run of the mill Republiscum Teabagging Cultist like Scott Brown.

Recall Scott Brown to save our children!!!!
Ken

Tyngsboro, MA

#47 Feb 12, 2011
Sad story but kids these days need to toughen up.
x-mtn

Monticello, FL

#48 Feb 15, 2011
Bullying has been going in High School forever.I remember my Dad (Class of 1942)told me how he took care of a bully when he was in HS. My daughter attended Ayer High School 2002-2006,I remember her talking about how it appeared that the school administration seemed to be unaware of the bullying that was going on. I remember when I was in High School a group of us kids that were bullied got together and took care of the bullies (after school and off school property). When the principle found out he called us into his office and basically said don't do it again and with a wink "good job". That is how it was back then. IF this student and/or her parents brought the bullying to the attention of school officials and the bullying continued there is a serious problem that needs to be addresed. This was an unfortunate tragedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ayer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remains found in Lancaster - Sentinel & Enterprise (May '09) 13 hr Jessica youman 16
scummy vultures Apr 26 unknown 1
Time to Cook the Bacon Apr 25 Just Us 1
News Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Apr 4 ANGLETURNER 112
Does anyone know why 119 in Groton was closed t... Apr 3 Pat 1
Kariel swanfeldt (Apr '14) Mar '15 What 10
Joseph Lupien (Sep '09) Feb '15 jjj 2
More from around the web

Ayer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]