Asleep at the wheel: Man charged with...

Asleep at the wheel: Man charged with OUI - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 7 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jan 29, 2011, titled Asleep at the wheel: Man charged with OUI - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The car never moved despite two green-light cycles at a traffic signal on Boston Road in Westford, police say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

jhu

Wellesley, MA

#2 Jan 29, 2011
this is why the courts are going broke..some stupid cops on power trips thinking that all this is free..in fact thinking everything they do is free..the cop couldf have took his keys and gave them back to him at the station..but oh no..have to call a tow truck have to tax the court systems.what part of broke dfo cops not understand..lets see..maybe when they lose there jobs itmight sink in because common cures for simple problems in a kinder but useful way is not working
it is bad

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2011
This a ridiculous finding by thr court. Let's sa I go out for few drinks and then I decide that it would safer for me not to drive. So bc of the weather around here I turn on my car to keep my self warm until my friend cames to get me. A f#* cop on a power trip decide to charge me with oui. Is that fair? It's just a way for these idiots on who go about as if they are god, to ruin my life by charging me.
spike

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Jan 29, 2011
Hey buddy, you ruined your own life by getting cocked and not knowing when to head home before getting hammered. Why would you blame a cop for your wrong actions, it's called denial buddy.....look into boozebag!
Linda

Gardner, MA

#5 Jan 29, 2011
it is bad wrote:
This a ridiculous finding by thr court. Let's sa I go out for few drinks and then I decide that it would safer for me not to drive. So bc of the weather around here I turn on my car to keep my self warm until my friend cames to get me. A f#* cop on a power trip decide to charge me with oui. Is that fair? It's just a way for these idiots on who go about as if they are god, to ruin my life by charging me.
You are ruining your life all by yourself by even telling us that you drink too much then sit in your car. Your judgement is impaired. What if your friend does not show up? Then you drive. Stop making half #ssed excuses for yourself. This guy was at the stop light with his car running, his foot on the brake and he had been drinking. COps cannot change procedure. That comes from the law. DOnt like the law, change it.
Linda

Gardner, MA

#6 Jan 29, 2011
jhu wrote:
this is why the courts are going broke..some stupid cops on power trips thinking that all this is free..in fact thinking everything they do is free..the cop couldf have took his keys and gave them back to him at the station..but oh no..have to call a tow truck have to tax the court systems.what part of broke dfo cops not understand..lets see..maybe when they lose there jobs itmight sink in because common cures for simple problems in a kinder but useful way is not working
Cops have a job to do and they do what the law tells them to do. They didnt make the law, dont like the law, get off your barstool and get it changed.
Nothing new

United States

#7 Jan 29, 2011
I thought this was the law all along. I always heard that if you needed to "sleep it off" that you should be in the back seat and the keys couldn't be in the ignition. Not that I've had to do this.
Yes you know everything

Leominster, MA

#10 Jan 29, 2011
The law is "operating under the influence", not drunk driving. I'm sure you know all of the elements of the law, because you're really really smart jhu, but I don't think it's really a powertrip to get someone off the road who is so drunk that they fall asleep at an intersection. I'm sure you'd be complaining if your family was coming in the opposite direction and a drunk wiped them out. I'm sure you were one of the nitwits who voted to decriminalize marijuana too. If you had a job, it'd be as a toolbag......you toolbag!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ayer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton (Oct '16) Apr 18 Gary Bagwell 6
mr. right where are you ? Apr 16 Julia 1
News Guitarist J. Geils found dead in his Massachuse... Apr 14 Sattva Virginius 1
News Clark gets (Dec '10) Mar '17 Recall Clark and... 42
News Ayer settles over wrongful '83 slay conviction (Jul '09) Feb '17 Edward Niles 32
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Jan '17 Sam 4
News Ayer farmer pays $29G in taxes to keep his prop... (Jul '10) Dec '16 Jason 11

Ayer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ayer Mortgages