Thoroughly examine Emily's Way proposal

Full story: Nashoba Publishing

As a neighbor to the proposed Emily's Way development, I encourage the Ayer Planning Board in its efforts to thoroughly understand the impacts of what the developer has proposed, and to adhere to the improvements to subdivision rules that were discussed in 2001.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2011
Bacon Hill

Lexington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

Are you saying the planning board doesn't know what they are doing or know the town's bylaws? Or is it possible people think town officials can make up their own rules - re: Gilles.
Amanda Loring

Weymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

I agree with this call to prudence and conscientiousness.
thinking

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

While I understnad the author's concerns, I'm not sure what the issue's are. Are residents upset with the developers or the laws that allow these subdivisions to be built. If people are upset with the laws or property being developed in their neighborhoods than perhaps the approach should be for them all to come together to change the laws and/or purchase the land. The people who own the property have every right to develop under the current laws. I believe there are other lots near the proposed development owned by other parties. They too will have the right to develop on their land if people don't do something about changing the laws. Seems like your going after the wrong people.
resident

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Is the intention of the neighbors to stop the subdivision or is it to be sure the laws are followed correctly? Most of what I have read up until this point was mostly emotional in nature. When it comes to law, the best thing to do is keep emotion out of it.
Bacon Hill

Lexington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Finally watched the Planning Board meeting on community access tv the other day. It was eye opening. Seems to me people attempted to bully the board. Some tried to use personal credentials to give the impression they know more than the board does. Unfortunately the board seemed to acquiesce. I can't figure out why 14 homes which sets aside a lot of open space isn't supported more. If you stop and think a bit another developer could implement a much much denser or intrusive plan. This is a gift people! On another note, it was quite amusing about people's concerns about traffic impact on existing neighborhoods. Finally people are starting to report how bad the existing traffic is on Groton Harvard Rd and Main Street. I suggest if the Rail Trail garage is built you will see such so much more traffic in places that haven't yet been impacted. The traffic from 14 homes will be a dropin the bucket to them.
Interestingly Enough

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

Now that the project has been approved the mud slingers have returned to their holes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ayer Discussions

Search the Ayer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) 3 hr sistervictim 99
Ayer man jailed for stabbing girlfriend (Mar '10) Wed Craig 87 12
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Jul 22 John 4,692
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
ShirleyArts! presents The Little Mermaid Jr. Jul 17 Pajama People 2
JBOS group to work on proposed Devens zoning ch... Jul 11 Reside 1
Shirley resident looking for cat (Sep '10) Jul 9 Gina 7
•••
•••

Ayer News Video

•••
•••

Ayer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••