The Canon of Scripture
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#334 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way when you say WE that makes me understand that you think of your group as a denomination which the true church is not. WE restored nothing since the true church has always existed. And yes the church that is truly follow the bible in its beliefs has existed since the founding of it.
I am asking again. Would you please name 1 person from the billions and billions who have lived between 100 AD and 1700 AD that believed just like you do today.

Just 1 who wrote anything. Maybe all COC members were illiterate and could not write. If so, mention that. After all 90% of the world could not read before the printing press. That is why Jesus started a Church, so it could teach the Truth. Only a few could read.

Only 10% of the people had a chance for heaven because they could read and probably only 25% of those could afford a Bible so 2.5% of the world were able to be saved according to low end Prots before the printing press started to improved education.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#335 Sep 30, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am asking again. Would you please name 1 person from the billions and billions who have lived between 100 AD and 1700 AD that believed just like you do today.
Just 1 who wrote anything. Maybe all COC members were illiterate and could not write. If so, mention that. After all 90% of the world could not read before the printing press. That is why Jesus started a Church, so it could teach the Truth. Only a few could read.
Only 10% of the people had a chance for heaven because they could read and probably only 25% of those could afford a Bible so 2.5% of the world were able to be saved according to low end Prots before the printing press started to improved education.
Isnt that the same Question many ask of God when they thought no one was left and he assured them he had saved a reminant. Here is a question you still refuse to answer.

Tell me why the early church did not claim perfection and the giving of instruction as you claim the RCC does?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#336 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Isnt that the same Question many ask of God when they thought no one was left and he assured them he had saved a reminant. Here is a question you still refuse to answer.
Tell me why the early church did not claim perfection and the giving of instruction as you claim the RCC does?
Nope, not the same question. You won't answer because there is no one. Your beliefs are yours. Maybe your mommy and daddy's, but probably not. No doubt you have changed a couple of those.

The Church is perfect in its holiness. How can it not be? Jesus promised he would protect it from all evil..

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#337 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way when you say WE that makes me understand that you think of your group as a denomination which the true church is not. WE restored nothing since the true church has always existed. And yes the church that is truly follow the bible in its beliefs has existed since the founding of it.
"Oh my," she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, "it's fruitcake weather!"

Location hidden

#338 Sep 30, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not the same question. You won't answer because there is no one. Your beliefs are yours. Maybe your mommy and daddy's, but probably not. No doubt you have changed a couple of those.
The Church is perfect in its holiness. How can it not be? Jesus promised he would protect it from all evil..
Which gives the perfect answers to all Questions, the church or the Bible?

Location hidden

#339 Sep 30, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh my," she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, "it's fruitcake weather!"
Youve been out of the discussions long ago Mark.

Location hidden

#340 Sep 30, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes its the same. Go ahead show in the bible the name pope along with Peter being the first one and then you can ask your other question.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#341 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Which gives the perfect answers to all Questions, the church or the Bible?
Paul says the Church.

I would tend to agree since the Bible did not exist for a long time after the Church started.

It seems that Jesus said he would protect the Church from all evil too. I don't remember him saying anything about protecting a book.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#342 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Yes its the same. Go ahead show in the bible the name pope along with Peter being the first one and then you can ask your other question.
Catholic haters like asking all the questions.

Name just 1 person. Just 1, from 100 AD to 1700 AD.

Your community has a historical black hole. Low end Prots like you are have 1800 years of nothingness. High end Prots, 1500 years.

Location hidden

#343 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Youve been out of the discussions long ago Mark.
And your statements prior to my response rank as your most absurd to date. Who told you that stuff? Did you just make it up on your own? If someone told you then where did they get it? Neither you nor your teacher(s) can come up with one shred of evidence to back up your claims. Not one.

Location hidden

#344 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Which gives the perfect answers to all Questions, the church or the Bible?
Well we all know for sure it's not YOUR church.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#345 Sep 30, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
The name of the place where I assemble has "Church of Christ" outside of it. How about yours- the same thing isn't it? I would think so, after all no other group defends non-instrumental services so vigorously.

It seems you also throw out all ties with your congregational history to the RM, which is typical. Most likely because Stone/Campbell didn't desire to start a new denomination/movement, but to unify believers of all groups. That alone is anathema to Texas-style coc today.

JC, you may indeed be a part of His church, the one in existence since Pentecost. But the CONGREGATION you attend has a history, has a beginning, and like it or not, it comes from the RM of the great awakening on the frontier of the early 1800s. Elmer Gantry screamed loud too but he was still wrong.

What group that we all see in our country today is following the Bible "exactly as we're supposed to"? Got a name for it JC?

Location hidden

#346 Oct 1, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
The name of the place where I assemble has "Church of Christ" outside of it. How about yours- the same thing isn't it? I would think so, after all no other group defends non-instrumental services so vigorously.
It seems you also throw out all ties with your congregational history to the RM, which is typical. Most likely because Stone/Campbell didn't desire to start a new denomination/movement, but to unify believers of all groups. That alone is anathema to Texas-style coc today.
JC, you may indeed be a part of His church, the one in existence since Pentecost. But the CONGREGATION you attend has a history, has a beginning, and like it or not, it comes from the RM of the great awakening on the frontier of the early 1800s. Elmer Gantry screamed loud too but he was still wrong.
What group that we all see in our country today is following the Bible "exactly as we're supposed to"? Got a name for it JC?
"JC...a part of His church, the one in existence since Pentecost." LOL Cracks me up!
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#347 Oct 1, 2013
I know the one that existed on Pentecost.

"I believe in One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church."

Does any of these words describe the place you go to on Sunday morning?
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#348 Oct 1, 2013
Annoying Proxy

France

#349 Oct 1, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
And your statements prior to my response rank as your most absurd to date. Who told you that stuff? Did you just make it up on your own? If someone told you then where did they get it? Neither you nor your teacher(s) can come up with one shred of evidence to back up your claims. Not one.
HE PROBABLY GOT HIS UNDERSTANDING FROM TH RBIBLE LIKE MOST OF US PROTESTANTS. You might say where did he get the bible and claim Catholics created it. Not so and I will tell you why. What the Catholics teach and practice is no where in the bible.
Annoying Proxy

France

#350 Oct 1, 2013
TH RBIBLE = THE BIBLE
Annoying Proxy

France

#351 Oct 1, 2013
When Jesus returns does the Pope still get to keep the Vatican and his thrown with all the crowns? Will the Pope continue to pray to the dead saints and Mary? You Catholics got a fancy word for that?

Location hidden

#352 Oct 1, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic haters like asking all the questions.
Name just 1 person. Just 1, from 100 AD to 1700 AD.
Your community has a historical black hole. Low end Prots like you are have 1800 years of nothingness. High end Prots, 1500 years.
Naming people does not make something true or false as you seem to believe. Trust in things not seen is a theme of the bible. You claim as many just one thing, The people at the cross come to mind that claim if Christ would just Come down they would believe. Did Christ come down? Nope. You do know the definition of Faith according to the bible and not your church dont you??? Keep asking for your visual evidences. I rest on Faith and the Word. YOu rest on evidence. Good luck.
Annoying Proxy

France

#353 Oct 1, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
I know the one that existed on Pentecost.
"I believe in One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church."
Does any of these words describe the place you go to on Sunday morning?
On Pentecost when the church started did they all gather at the Vatican one Sunday morn? One of those crazy low end prots makes the claim the bible records the early church gathered in homes. They could not find the Vatican, Pope, or Catholic in the scriptures either, go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Axton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) Jul 22 William 3,351
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Jun '16 Kevo8263 32
The Bible teaches that the Earth will never end (Apr '15) May '16 Anonymous 38
thomas jefferson edwards Apr '16 nuks67 2
Norm Fields – FORMER employee of Johnny Robertson (Feb '12) Apr '16 GunFighter 29
Stop erasing my comments! Apr '16 Truth teller 1
stp 500 Apr '16 Dale 2

Axton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Axton Mortgages