Since: May 10

Location hidden

#213 Sep 18, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of closet? Mop or clothes. Is he praying to that.
Wait. I know. A wall. Like the Jews.
Ask God he wrote the text on this or dont you believe that text.
Mike Peterson

United States

#214 Sep 18, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Ask God he wrote the text on this or dont you believe that text.
Who taught you scripture and converted you?
Roman Catholic Sproul

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#215 Sep 21, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who taught you scripture and converted you?
I may possibly have been the original church from the very beginning, the Orthodox church They have been the same and had the same scripture from the beginning. That was before the Catholics split from the original church.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#216 Sep 22, 2013
Roman Catholic Sproul wrote:
<quoted text>I may possibly have been the original church from the very beginning, the Orthodox church They have been the same and had the same scripture from the beginning. That was before the Catholics split from the original church.
Which of the 14 Orthodox churchs?. They have all split up too. No Authority and that what happens.

Awesome liturgies though.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#217 Sep 22, 2013
Who is the Head of the Church? He said: "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

The Scripture of His day was the Hebrew Bible. That it was translated to Greek didn't matter, as the quotes He used were from the Hebrew Bible.

There are quotes in the Bible, OT and NT, that range from God, the Son, the Prophets, disciples, apostles, kings, Satan, false prophets, ordinary people... the listing can go on ... but the main issue is Jesus said we are to live by the words that proceed from the mouth of God.

Is the Pope God?;-) Hardly - I doubt you believe that any more than LDS think their prophet is a God.

What did the First Century Church in Jerusalem say Scripture is?

The Torah, Prophets, Psalms and the Sons teachings.

Paul sent his letters around, and Jerusalem rejected them - those in the East (Babylon) put them away in a separate scroll. Those in Asia put Paul on trial and found him to be a liar and no apostle at all. And testimony for his trial was also provided from Jerusalem - against Paul - not for him. Once Paul was proven a liar he was rejected in Asia and Jerusalem.

Should we agree with the apostles and Jerusalem Church decision made before 70 AD, or should we ignore it and think his writings are Scripture, as the RCC told us to?

Why should I think they know anything if the have prove themselves to not love God or the truth because they didn't follow His directions to know if someone spoke for Him or not?

Why should I now believe the Roman Church? Because Paul hated Jews, just as Hitler hated Jews?

When was the Roman Church most 'Orthodox'?

William

Birmingham, AL

#218 Sep 23, 2013
"Because Paul hated Jews, just as Hitler hated Jews?"

Wow.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#219 Sep 23, 2013
Yes. Luther had opinions of the Jews based on Paul's writings that came into fulfillment in what Nazi Germany did to the Jews. You didn't know that?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#220 Sep 23, 2013
Now Paul caused the holocaust. Apparently Luther nor BW ever understood exactly what Paul was saying. I rate that opinion clueless, nuts, spam, wrong, incendiary, rinse and repeat.
William

Birmingham, AL

#221 Sep 23, 2013
"Luther had opinions of the Jews based on Paul's writings that came into fulfillment in what Nazi Germany did to the Jews. You didn't know that?"

That's quite a remarkable stretch to make that type of logic work. But not surprising.
William

Birmingham, AL

#222 Sep 23, 2013
"Now Paul caused the holocaust."

And Christopher Columbus caused racism in America. You didn't know that?
William

Birmingham, AL

#223 Sep 23, 2013
And here is the most famous Jew-hating Lutheran of all, who clearly latched on to Martin Luther's opinions of the Jews based on Paul's writings.

We can all see the hatred of this man for the German Jew, and his absolute love for Nazi Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoef...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#224 Sep 23, 2013
On the Jews and Their Lies by Martin Luther 1543
William

Albertville, AL

#225 Sep 23, 2013
Well that clearly went over well. Did he also advocate killing them for not "converting?"

I need to watch that Mel Brooks clip again.
William

Birmingham, AL

#226 Sep 23, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_...

Wow.

Looks to me like ol' Martin Luther came out of the Catholic church, but the Catholic church never fully came out of him!

Good thing that later Lutherans like Bonhoeffer took kindly to their fellow man in the face of Nazi terror, but regrettably ended up being murdered for it less than a month before the Nazis surrendered.

But I doubt very seriously that the three "lapsed Catholic" Nazis most associated with the atrocities inflicted on the Jews and other non-Aryan "undesirables" were rooted in a book written by an equally non-Aryan rabble-rouser centuries prior to World War 2. Hitler, Himmler, and Heydrich had the severe economic conditions of 1920's Germany to point to as the principle motivation from which to demonize Jews, not some obscure book.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#227 Sep 23, 2013
There is no man made temple based church that can't have holes poked in it's doctrine including the churches of Christ.

And the key to knowing a denomination is to see how they react when they are called on it. If they see the error for what it is and correct it that are seeking God, if they continue in the error even after having it clearly pointed out they are seeking to please other men who are in charge.

Anyone want to repent of the practice of re-baptism of those already baptized in Jesus name?

Or for not seeing the longer ending of Mark as man inspired and not God breathed?

Or willing to see the trinity baptism called in Matthew 28's altered version as an addition by man?

Or will they continue to be your Easter another alteration of God's word?

Fact is Hebrews 6 clearly teaches that we can only Crucify Christ to ourselves one time, that personal crucifying or putting on of Christ comes from the one baptism taught in the Bible involving death to one's own will as shown by Jesus actions over his baptism in the garden and death on a cross, water immersion for remission of sins, and spirit birth by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who's power will raise is on the last day.

Any group that requires re-baptism after baptism in the name of Jesus are violating scripture!

Care to show the rest of the denominations how repentance over false practices is done churches of Christ and repent of the practice of re-baptism?
William

Birmingham, AL

#228 Sep 23, 2013
If your church water baptizes, then it is a Baptist church, no matter what the name out front says.
William

Birmingham, AL

#229 Sep 23, 2013
Hebrews 6:4-6

King James Version (KJV)

4 For it is IMPOSSIBLE for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Now I know that some don't like any so-called "proof-texting" but these verses (written to Hebrews, I might add ... see the title of the letter) tell us that it is IMPOSSIBLE for someone who has fallen away to be renewed again.

And there ain't a denomination anywhere today (including yours) that actually believes these verses.

Location hidden

#230 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:
If your church water baptizes, then it is a Baptist church, no matter what the name out front says.
So the sign out front should be "Our Lady of Guadalupe Baptist Catholic Church?"

Location hidden

#231 Sep 23, 2013
William wrote:
Hebrews 6:4-6
King James Version (KJV)
4 For it is IMPOSSIBLE for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Now I know that some don't like any so-called "proof-texting" but these verses (written to Hebrews, I might add ... see the title of the letter) tell us that it is IMPOSSIBLE for someone who has fallen away to be renewed again.
And there ain't a denomination anywhere today (including yours) that actually believes these verses.
The line in the 4th century Nicene Creed, "I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins.." could well have its roots in this passage from Hebrews. I will tell you what I know and since this issue is extremely serious don't take my word for it. Since Baptism leaves an indelible mark on the soul it can only be performed once. The Catholic Church accepts valid Baptisms from protestant denominations. Should an individual be unsure or if it cannot be proved a valid baptism was performed then a conditional Baptism is performed with the words, "If you are not baptized..." This is not "re-Baptism" which is impossible.
William

Albertville, AL

#232 Sep 23, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
So the sign out front should be "Our Lady of Guadalupe Baptist Catholic Church?"
Billy Graham is your pope! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Axton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Identifing the Early Church 9 min Bobby 315
THE BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST 19 hr Mike_Peterson 2
Catholics (Feb '14) Wed Bobby 1,996
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) Dec 10 Mike_Peterson 157
Queen Mother-Ever Virgin Dec 10 Mike_Peterson 109
“Thus Saith Johnny” (Jul '12) Dec 8 Ernie 116
Unlicensed contractor allowed to work and conti... Dec 7 Amazing 2
Axton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web