Mike Peterson the Left-Footer dare no...

Mike Peterson the Left-Footer dare not discuss the bible

Posted in the Axton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1 Jul 8, 2014
Left-footers always jump ship when you stick to the bible.

>>> Why?

Left-footers do not like the bible because they can not find dear Mary being idolized in the bible.

Left-footers can only go outside of the bible to make a case for their false beliefs.

I refuse to give the Left-footers the bite they so desire.

Many from this site seemingly are falling victim to the Left-footers trap. The Left-footer moves you away from biblical points to other things. Be wise and not chase their rabbits. When a Left-footer runs outside of the bible chase him back to the bible. Refuse to allow the Left-footer to use extra revelation not found in the parameters of the bible.

His stomping grounds are par with the Latter Day Saints and other cults that use extra revelation. Beware of the snare of Mike Peterson or any man who walks on unbiblical ground.

Notice that the Left-footer Mike Peterson has yet to discuss anything. His whole conversation must always spin around things outside of the bible. Without going outside of the bible he is weak and a vessel of sour milk.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#2 Jul 8, 2014
Calvins Corner wrote:
Left-footers always jump ship when you stick to the bible.
>>> Why?
Left-footers do not like the bible because they can not find dear Mary being idolized in the bible.
Left-footers can only go outside of the bible to make a case for their false beliefs.
I refuse to give the Left-footers the bite they so desire.
Many from this site seemingly are falling victim to the Left-footers trap. The Left-footer moves you away from biblical points to other things. Be wise and not chase their rabbits. When a Left-footer runs outside of the bible chase him back to the bible. Refuse to allow the Left-footer to use extra revelation not found in the parameters of the bible.
His stomping grounds are par with the Latter Day Saints and other cults that use extra revelation. Beware of the snare of Mike Peterson or any man who walks on unbiblical ground.
Notice that the Left-footer Mike Peterson has yet to discuss anything. His whole conversation must always spin around things outside of the bible. Without going outside of the bible he is weak and a vessel of sour milk.
Were there any elect before the Bible was created in the late 4th Century?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#3 Jul 8, 2014
Calvinists believe that, in eternity past, God sovereignly selected some people to be saved, and thus He also sovereignly selected everyone else to be damned. At a pre-determined point during the lifetimes of those who are allegedly pre-selected for salvation, God draws them irresistibly, and they are born again. Calvinists also believe, and understandably so, that Jesus did not die for the sins of everyone. Rather, He only died for those whom He allegedly predestined for salvation. Finally, because Calvinists believe that salvation does not depend on any person's free will and only upon the sovereign decree and action of God, they also believe that no genuinely-saved person could possibly ever become unsaved. Once genuinely saved, people are guaranteed to be saved in the end, which is probably the most attractive element of Calvinism, and which may explain why some people readily embrace it. Once a person is convinced that he has been sovereignly pre-selected for salvation, he knows he has salvation "in the bag."

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#4 Jul 8, 2014
Cavlin:

Are you pleased, as God supposedly is, that the majority of people are divinely foreordained to go to hell forever, having been given no opportunity for saving mercy from Him? If you are not pleased about that, then you are not pleased about something that pleases your God, and that makes you a rebel against Him. It also makes you His judge.

On the other hand, if you are pleased that God is pleased to eternally damn hundreds of millions of people whom He could have easily saved, then you are a very sick person, and everyone would agree with that, including yourself. So why are you not repulsed by something allegedly within God's character that would repulse you if it characterized yourself, or anyone else?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#5 Jul 8, 2014
What the Calvinist misses is clear throughout the Bible. Man is truly free and God calls him to freely choose to serve or not to serve the Lord. From the famous Old Testament charge of Joshua to "choose this day whom you will serve ... but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord," (Jo 24:15) to the very words of Jesus Christ himself, "If any man thirst, let him come to me, and drink" (Jn 7:37), manís freedom to choose to obey or disobey the will of God for salvation is absolutely central to the teachings of Sacred Scripture.

But doesnít a statement like "hath not the potter power over the clay" from Romans 9 seem awfully Calvinist? Not when we consider it is actually a reference back to Jeremiah 18:6: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? Says the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potterís hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel."

If you were to take this verse out of context you might get a Calvinist interpretation of Jeremiah. However, the next four verses are enlightening, to say the least:

If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will repent of the evil that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will repent of the good which I had intended to do to it.(Jer 18:7-10)

Far from denying free will, Jeremiah glaringly affirms it. The same can be said of Paul. Throughout Romans and elsewhere, Paul clearly teaches all men must freely cooperate with Godís grace to be saved. For example, look at Romans 2:6-8: "[God] will render to every man according to his works: To those who by patience in well-doing [good works] seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life, but for those who ... do not obey the truth ... there will be wrath and fury."

Or try Romans 11:22: "Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but Godís kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off."

In Romans 6:16, Paul makes clear that we must continue to obey to attain final justification: "Do you not know that if you yield yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?" (Gk. justification).

Indeed, Jesus himself could not be any clearer in Matthew 23:37: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!"

As God, Jesus clearly desired to gather his children, Israel, but they would not. If the Calvinist view of predestination were true, God never willed to gather them at all. Jesus got it wrong here. If he truly willed to gather them, they would have been gathered!

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#6 Jul 8, 2014
The human can exercise his will >>> yet can never do so outside of Godís will <<<

If you come to God it be because God enabled you to do so.

>>> The will of man comes under the will of God <<<

The verses you post all fall within the realm of Godís will.

As John says, being born again is of God, NOT OF THE WILL OF MAN.

Every verse you post are subject to Godís will. This point you do not understand.

Those in Rome were wrote by Paul to remind them of their place in Christ.

Paul makes clear a distinction between the servants of sin and the servants of God. Those yielding to the flesh are those who be goats. Those yielding to God are those who be sheep. He was discussing their identity in Christ. This was Paulís point. He was not making a case for meritorious salvation.

You grossly sway from the truth if you assume Paul is preaching meritorious salvation

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7 Jul 8, 2014
Calvins Corner wrote:
The human can exercise his will >>> yet can never do so outside of Godís will <<<
If you come to God it be because God enabled you to do so.
>>> The will of man comes under the will of God <<<
The verses you post all fall within the realm of Godís will.
As John says, being born again is of God, NOT OF THE WILL OF MAN.
Every verse you post are subject to Godís will. This point you do not understand.
Those in Rome were wrote by Paul to remind them of their place in Christ.
Paul makes clear a distinction between the servants of sin and the servants of God. Those yielding to the flesh are those who be goats. Those yielding to God are those who be sheep. He was discussing their identity in Christ. This was Paulís point. He was not making a case for meritorious salvation.
You grossly sway from the truth if you assume Paul is preaching meritorious salvation
Do you speak for God? I just gave you proof from scripture to refute you.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#8 Jul 8, 2014
Cut to the chase.

Do you believe we must do works to get into heaven in the sense that our works are viewed by God as merit?

Do not you Left-footers hold dearly sacramental salvation which you believe get you into heaven? No bible to support that buddy.

Paul condemned the Church in Galatia for such a devilish doctrine.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#9 Jul 8, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you speak for God? I just gave you proof from scripture to refute you.
No, the bible you gave speaks for my view. You are not understanding that you only will to do something because God willed it so. Our justification is not in our will but in Jesus Christ. I stand not as a sinner but a saint because Jesus stands before God as my Lord and Savior.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#10 Jul 8, 2014
God DECREES, WILLS, or DECLARES things to happenÖyes even the things we consider bad or evil.

Isaiah 46:9-10 which reads:

Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying,ĎMy counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#11 Jul 8, 2014
Calvins Corner wrote:
Cut to the chase.
Do you believe we must do works to get into heaven in the sense that our works are viewed by God as merit?
Do not you Left-footers hold dearly sacramental salvation which you believe get you into heaven? No bible to support that buddy.
Paul condemned the Church in Galatia for such a devilish doctrine.
Since Jesus left us the Church and not the Bible here is what you need to know what the Bible teaches.

The Bible says don't self interepret. I hope you low end prots out there see how asinine the doctrine of SS is.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#12 Jul 8, 2014
John says we are born not by the will of man. You combed right over this.

Did John lie when he said we are born of God, not of our wills?

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#13 Jul 8, 2014
Isaiah 53, just a good place to see this laid out so magnificently in the Old Testament. Isaiah 53:4, this is talking about the language of real actual substitution.ďSurely our griefs He Himself bore, our sorrows He carried, yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God and afflicted, but He was pierced through not for His own transgressions but for our transgressions. He was crushed for our iniquities. The chastening for our well being fell upon Him and by His stripes we are healed.

In Matthew 1:21, the angel said to Joseph,ďCall Him Jesus, for He will save HIS PEOPLE from their sins.Ē

>>> HIS PEOPLE <<< not every person living.

Deuteronomy 32, Moses poetically refers to God redeeming Israel as a people >>> collectively <<< but affirms the apostasy of many Israelites.

You know that Paul said,ďNot all Israel is Israel,Ē and certainly not all the Church is the Church.

Leading to my point. When Peter speaks of people denying the Lord who bought them, he speaks collectively, in a superficial sense.

>>> not all the Church is the Church <<<

As the bible says, some went out from us BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT OF US.

If they really were of us, they would have continued with us.

Jesus knows His sheep and THEY follow him. Goats are those who went out from us BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT OF US

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#14 Jul 8, 2014
Calvins Corner wrote:
John says we are born not by the will of man. You combed right over this.
Did John lie when he said we are born of God, not of our wills?
The Bible is the inerrant written word of God owned by the Church who created it. It does not like. I agree with every verse in the Bible including the one before that

Do you believe in every verse of he Bible? Who is your teacher?

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#15 Jul 9, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is the inerrant written word of God owned by the Church who created it. It does not like. I agree with every verse in the Bible including the one before that
Do you believe in every verse of he Bible? Who is your teacher?
I will not be suckered into a long debate over who put the bible together as I know how the Left-footers believe they are the gatekeepers to >>> the word >>> OF GOD <<<

The Bible is inspired and has authority, because God made it so. God delivered it by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

The bible declares, "A bishop then, must be blameless, married but once, reserved, prudent, of good conduct, hospitable, a teacher...He should rule well his own household, keeping his children under control and perfectly respectful. For if a man cannot rule his own household, how is he to take care of the church of God?" (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).

>>> The Catholic Church does not allow a bishop to marry, while the Bible says "he must be married <<<

1. Why do left-footers not condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why do left-footers not teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why do left-footers not show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why do left-footers not condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why do left-footers not teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why do left-footers not condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why do left-footers not teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why do left-footers not forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why do left-footers not teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why do left-footers not teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why do left-footers not teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it not opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it not oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is the bible completely silent about infant baptism, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

Because the left-footers own not the bible nor are they the real Church.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#16 Jul 9, 2014
The Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of the Greek Orthodox Church at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in our British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament. The manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. A manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant, and this manuscript which is the most complete of all has never been in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church. Moreover, the bible speaks of letters to the Church being read over and circulating as the word of God long before anyone heard of the harlot left-footer Roman Catholic Church

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#17 Jul 9, 2014
Another manuscript that has >>> N E V E R <<< been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is on exhibit in the manuscript room of our British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Greek Orthodox Church to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. The manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine. You left-footers are full of yourself to boast such a claim to be the gatekeepers of Godís word. The boastful claim of the Roman Catholic Church that it has been the sole guardian and preserver of the sacred Scriptures down to the present, is nothing but pure falsehood. The Bible is not a Catholic book. Catholics did not write it, nor does their doctrines and church line up with what the bible teaches.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#18 Jul 9, 2014
I will not be suckered into a long debate over who put the bible together as I know how the Left-footers believe they are the gatekeepers to >>> the word >>> OF GOD <<<

The Bible is inspired and has authority, because God made it so. God delivered it by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

The bible declares, "A bishop then, must be blameless, married but once, reserved, prudent, of good conduct, hospitable, a teacher...He should rule well his own household, keeping his children under control and perfectly respectful. For if a man cannot rule his own household, how is he to take care of the church of God?" (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).

>>> The Catholic Church does not allow a bishop to marry, while the Bible says "he must be married <<<

1. Why do left-footers not condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why do left-footers not teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why do left-footers not show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why do left-footers not condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why do left-footers not teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why do left-footers not condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why do left-footers not teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why do left-footers not forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why do left-footers not teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why do left-footers not teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why do left-footers not teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it not opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it not oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is the bible completely silent about infant baptism, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

Because the left-footers own not the bible nor are they the real Church.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#19 Jul 9, 2014
Calvins Corner wrote:
I will not be suckered into a long debate over who put the bible together as I know how the Left-footers believe they are the gatekeepers to >>> the word >>> OF GOD <<<
The Bible is inspired and has authority, because God made it so. God delivered it by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
The bible declares, "A bishop then, must be blameless, married but once, reserved, prudent, of good conduct, hospitable, a teacher...He should rule well his own household, keeping his children under control and perfectly respectful. For if a man cannot rule his own household, how is he to take care of the church of God?" (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
>>> The Catholic Church does not allow a bishop to marry, while the Bible says "he must be married <<<
1. Why do left-footers not condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).

2. Why do left-footers not teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why do left-footers not show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why do left-footers not condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why do left-footers not teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why do left-footers not condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why do left-footers not teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why do left-footers not forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why do left-footers not teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why do left-footers not teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why do left-footers not teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it not opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it not oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is the bible completely silent about infant baptism, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
Because the left-footers own not the bible nor are they the real Church.
The Bible was created 350 years after the Church was. This is fact proven by history. The Church owns the Bible. Learn something. Try reading a free book online by Henry Graham a former protester who wrote . "Where We Got the Bible" in 1906.

That list has been going around the internet for years. I could cut an paste the answers. Like all protesters you are an EITHER/OR Bible reader. If one verse says you are saved this way another verse that says you are saved a different way is wrong. The Christian Church says THAT/AND. All scripture is true in context.

I will start first with scripture.

20 First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, 21 because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.2 Peter 1:20-21

Lets do this one at at time. Which one first?

Did you know the father of Calvinism, your hero, believed in infant baptism as he should? Which one was he wrong in infant baptism or predestination?

Now what silly question about Bible interpretation to you want to ask? One at time please
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#20 Jul 9, 2014
Does any one have a problem with this site bogging their computer down???

I think this site was the reason my computer crashed a few months ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Axton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Refuting Preterism Sep 2 Mike Peters 1
Martinsville Seven - The Martinsville Curse (Mar '10) Aug 28 Woodstock69 7
Catholics (Feb '14) Aug 25 Barnsweb 2,918
'Bible Study' Group Aug 24 Mike_Peterson 23
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Aug 17 Barnsweb 305
Johnny Robertsonís church of Christ (Feb '13) Aug 13 Barnsweb 161
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Aug 9 Walkinginlove 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Axton Mortgages