he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#82 Aug 17, 2013
The Apostles Creed:

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#83 Aug 17, 2013
What could have only come from perfection:

http://www.medievalart.org.uk/Chartres/Chartr...

Location hidden

#84 Aug 17, 2013

http://youtu.be/Ye-HAS7NUrE

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#85 Aug 19, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
http://youtu.be/Ye-HAS7NUrE
Nothing can be perfect without Christ involved But the RCC says that the Popes are perfect yet the bible says only one man accomplished that the savior Christ.
Does todays pope still claim being perfect?

Location hidden

#86 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
The Apostles Creed:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Where in the bible did you take this from?

is it RCC chapter 6 verse 8

Location hidden

#87 Aug 19, 2013
What could only come from perfection:

http://youtu.be/aRwhkBAeheM

Location hidden

#88 Aug 19, 2013

http://youtu.be/afqNKYUb_eM

Location hidden

#89 Aug 19, 2013

http://youtu.be/IT2xWzfKF_o

Location hidden

#90 Aug 19, 2013

http://youtu.be/mt8TcWeL3A0

Location hidden

#91 Aug 19, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
http://youtu.be/mt8TcWeL3A0
lol your only response now. keep it up.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#92 Aug 19, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the bible did you take this from?
is it RCC chapter 6 verse 8
The Bible is the written Word of God, not all of the Word of God. The Bible tells us that.

The Church is the pillar of Truth. The Bible tells us that.

The Church existed 350 years , 1.5 times longer than America has been a country, without a Bible. History tells us that

Only 5-10% of humans could read before the printing press in 1450.. This disproves the doctrine of SS.

Location hidden

#93 Aug 19, 2013
What has only come from perfection:

http://youtu.be/5F_0zTYKFZU

Location hidden

#94 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is the written Word of God, not all of the Word of God. The Bible tells us that.
The Church is the pillar of Truth. The Bible tells us that.
The Church existed 350 years , 1.5 times longer than America has been a country, without a Bible. History tells us that
Only 5-10% of humans could read before the printing press in 1450.. This disproves the doctrine of SS.
Show me where the bible says the written word was not all that a person needs. I call you on this. Show where it claims the church to be the pillar of truth. Tell us how your theory about reading disproves the word of God being the truth.

Location hidden

#95 Aug 19, 2013

http://youtu.be/Q8gK0_PgIgY
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#96 Aug 19, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where the bible says the written word was not all that a person needs. I call you on this. Show where it claims the church to be the pillar of truth. Tell us how your theory about reading disproves the word of God being the truth.
Too many to mention about Tradition

"[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2).(also pertains to apostolic succession)

"’But the word of the Lord abides for ever.’ That word is the good news which was preached to you" (1 Pet. 1:25). Note that the word has been "preached"—that is, communicated orally. This would endure. It would not be supplanted by a written record like the Bible (supplemented, yes, but not supplanted), and would continue to have its own authority.

"So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ" (Rom. 10:17). The Church would always be the living teacher. It is a mistake to limit "Christ’s word" to the written word only or to suggest that all his teachings were reduced to writing. The Bible nowhere supports either notion.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#97 Aug 19, 2013
The Bible is a form of God's revelation to man, but the most complete form of that revelation is found in the person of Jesus Christ. The Scriptures arose out of the life of the Church—that is, out of the life of those believers who encountered Christ, both personally and through their fellow believers. They were written within the context of that relationship with Christ, and the selection of the canon—of the books that would become the Bible—occurred within that context. But even after the canon of Scripture is determined, Scripture remains only a portion of the Word of God, because the fullness of the Word is found in the life of the Church and her relationship to Christ:

"The Word of God Precedes the Bible and Surpasses It"

Part of an address by Pope Frances:

"Sacred Scripture is the written testimony of the divine Word, the canonical memory that attests to the event of Revelation. However, the Word of God precedes the Bible and surpasses it. That is why the centre of our faith isn't just a book, but a salvation history and above all a person, Jesus Christ, the Word of God made flesh.

It is precisely because the Word of God embraces and extends beyond Scripture that, in order to properly understand it, the Holy Spirit's constant presence, who guides us "to all truth," is necessary. It is necessary to place ourselves within the great Tradition that has, with the Holy Spirit's assistance and the Magisterium's guidance, recognized the canonical writings as the Word that God addresses to his people, who have never ceased meditating upon it and discovering inexhaustible riches from it.

In fact, Sacred Scripture is the Word of God in that it is written down under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Sacred Tradition, instead, transmits the Word of God in its entirety, entrusted by Christ the Lord and by the Holy Spirit to the Apostles and their successors, so that these, enlightened by the Spirit of truth, might faithfully preserve it with their preaching, might expound and propound it.

The interpretation of Sacred Scriptures cannot be just an individual academic effort, but must always be compared to, inserted within, and authenticated by the living tradition of the Church. This norm is essential in identifying the proper and reciprocal relationship between the exegesis and the Magisterium of the Church. The texts that God inspired were entrusted to the Community of believers, the Church of Christ, to nourish the faith and to guide the life of charity.

All of what has been said about the way of interpreting Scripture is subject finally to the judgement of the Church, which carries out the divine commission and ministry of guarding and interpreting the word of God."

Location hidden

#98 Aug 19, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many to mention about Tradition
"[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2).(also pertains to apostolic succession)
"’But the word of the Lord abides for ever.’ That word is the good news which was preached to you" (1 Pet. 1:25). Note that the word has been "preached"—that is, communicated orally. This would endure. It would not be supplanted by a written record like the Bible (supplemented, yes, but not supplanted), and would continue to have its own authority.
"So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ" (Rom. 10:17). The Church would always be the living teacher. It is a mistake to limit "Christ’s word" to the written word only or to suggest that all his teachings were reduced to writing. The Bible nowhere supports either notion.
There is nowhere that states what you are claiming your simply taking those verses without see all the verses that speak of the written word also and making them say what you desire. There is not one place that says the Church would be a teacher it is always man proclaiming the word. Good try though
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#99 Aug 19, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nowhere that states what you are claiming your simply taking those verses without see all the verses that speak of the written word also and making them say what you desire. There is not one place that says the Church would be a teacher it is always man proclaiming the word. Good try though
You are in complete denial..

Show me where Jesus said anything about a Bible. Church ? Yes.

Location hidden

#100 Aug 19, 2013
What came from perfection but was destroyed by protestantism:

Rievaulx Abbey. I was privileged to have walked through the ruins.

http://youtu.be/Cyox-r6pzWM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Axton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did the Second Coming of Jesus Occur A.D. 70 21 min Mike_Peterson 244
Holger and Steve expose Johnny Robertson 38 min Dave P 8
Catholics (Feb '14) 40 min Barnsweb 2,185
“Thus Saith Johnny” (Jul '12) 2 hr KLE 145
May 3,10,17,24 at 10:00 PM EST Star News... 12 hr Axel Reid 10
COMING TO TOWN, looking for "the big bad wolf"... 13 hr Axel Reid 59
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? 13 hr Axel Reid 19
More from around the web

Axton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE