Comments
21 - 40 of 71 Comments Last updated Jul 14, 2014
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#22 Jul 10, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sola Scriptura was invented by Martin Luther in the 16th century. Do you agree with everything he beleived
II have a new one to add to me my list. Sola Scriptura is equal to right to carry guns. Bobby keeps on giving.
The enemies of Christ want to take the authority of Church and create the mass confusion that exists in the protester world today. Satan has really done well with SS.
The mass confusion is already there. Satan seeks corrupt your mind and steer you away from the simplicity of Christ and His gospel.

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.

To be deep in scripture is to cease being a catholic

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#23 Jul 10, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in every verse you quote. I just think you are merely a protester and I don't agree with what you think and I don't care what a protester thinks.
Jesus changed Simon's name to Rock , the first person in history to to have than name and said I will build my Church on you and give you the Keys to the Kingdom.
Do you know who received the keys to the kingdom when the King was not around. The Jews at that time knew exactly what he was talking about.
Where do you go on Sunday ( or Saturday) morning.
You are stuck in the priestly system not realizing it was a foreshadow of Christ. No, Peter was not a pope.

Why are you asking where I go on Sunday or Saturday. What makes it a difference since what maybe Sunday here could be Saturday there. Is it Sunday everywhere at the same time. Why make such a fuss over days.
Mike_Peterson

Sumrall, MS

#24 Jul 10, 2014
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>The mass confusion is already there. Satan seeks corrupt your mind and steer you away from the simplicity of Christ and His gospel.

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.

To be deep in scripture is to cease being a catholic
You can't get more simple than to listen and believe
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#25 Jul 10, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get more simple than to listen and believe
How can the pope be an apostle and not be called an apostle. The word pope is not found in scripture but the title "Apostle" is". Why did they change the name? I will tell you why- the word pope is fictitious title.

Yes listen and believe!

The teaching of Scripture, taken in context, nowhere declares that Peter was in authority over the other apostles or over the church-it ain't there and you know it...

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#26 Jul 11, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sola Scriptura was invented by Martin Luther in the 16th century. Do you agree with everything he beleived
II have a new one to add to me my list. Sola Scriptura is equal to right to carry guns. Bobby keeps on giving.
The enemies of Christ want to take the authority of Church and create the mass confusion that exists in the protester world today. Satan has really done well with SS.
Yeah, lets blame Luther. I bet Luther invented the book of Job, also.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#27 Jul 11, 2014
Mike tell us about Pope Damasus. I'm sure you own Vol. IV of the Catholic Encyclopedia. Turn o page 614 and state here what it reads. Oh, and then turn to page 48 and tell us who is the "lord of heaven, earth, and hell", according to the Catholic Encyclopedia.
Mike_Peterson

Terry, MS

#28 Jul 11, 2014
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>How can the pope be an apostle and not be called an apostle. The word pope is not found in scripture but the title "Apostle" is". Why did they change the name? I will tell you why- the word pope is fictitious title.

Yes listen and believe!

The teaching of Scripture, taken in context, nowhere declares that Peter was in authority over the other apostles or over the church-it ain't there and you know it...
And I will always point out the Bible ain't there either. Scripture says not everything is in the Bible. You believe in the Trinity. The Church came up that word.

SS is not in the Bible. Once saved always saved is not in the Bible. Sunday school is not in the Bible.

Dividing up the body is in there. It says don't do it.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#29 Jul 11, 2014
To my knowledge, Ambrose, Cyprian, Hilary, Irenaeus, Jerome, Origen and Polycarp never acknowledged Peter as the first pope. That's a bit odd seeing it was supposedly known.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#30 Jul 11, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
And I will always point out the Bible ain't there either. Scripture says not everything is in the Bible. You believe in the Trinity. The Church came up that word.
SS is not in the Bible. Once saved always saved is not in the Bible. Sunday school is not in the Bible.
Dividing up the body is in there. It says don't do it.
Mike please stop this nonsense. You claim to be this big lover of history then make such silly statements. You either are dumb to all history or you are purposely hiding things. The term Trinity was not something made up by Catholics. If you are making reference to Constantine's Nicene council you my friend are off on this. The Trinity was present in the church long before Constantine. Do you need another thread on this too. You have to know this, Mike. I'm convinced you are purposely hiding things so to protect your beliefs.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#31 Jul 11, 2014
I was thinking about the fact that Peter had a wife and yet catholic popes are now required to be celibate. So, today's Catholics would not or could not elect Peter as a pope.

Found this article in the process:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#32 Jul 11, 2014
Concerning the message above I forgot to say that Peter was selected by Jesus as an apostle not by ordinary men. If Jesus was good with Peter being married, why does the catholic hierarchy deny modern day popes to be married. This proves that Peter was not catholic since the doctrine is foreign to scripture.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#33 Jul 11, 2014
Or, I could say that it proves that catholics are not following christian standards.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#34 Jul 11, 2014
The Left-footers have revised history. They did not invent the term Trinity. Mike knows this, he must. The question is why Mike is hiding what he knows
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#35 Jul 11, 2014
Catholic apologist or hired assassins are trained in deceit. They don't want truth they just want to win.
Mike_Peterson

Jackson, MS

#36 Jul 12, 2014
Bobby wrote:
Catholic apologist or hired assassins are trained in deceit. They don't want truth they just want to win.
The Church has the fullness of the Truth

She wants everybody to have to have it. You will never find it on your own.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#37 Jul 12, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church has the fullness of the Truth
She wants everybody to have to have it. You will never find it on your own.
I have found Jesus-or I could say that he has found me. He did not even ask you or your pope for permission to save me.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#41 Jul 12, 2014
Church of the Province of Melanesia - 0.2 million[151]
Continuing Anglican movement and independent Anglican churches - 1.5 million
Traditional Anglican Communion - 0.4 million[152]
Church of England in South Africa - 0.1 million[153]
Restorationism and Non-Trinitarianism - 41 million[edit]
Latter Day Saint movement - 15.2 million
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormonism)- 15 million[154]
Community of Christ - 0.2 million[155]
Iglesia ni Cristo - 10 million[156][157]
Jehovah's Witnesses - 7.65 million [158][159]
Oneness Pentecostalism - 6 million
United Pentecostal Church International - 4 million
Pentecostal Assemblies of the World - 1.5 million
La Luz del Mundo - between 1 and 7 million
Unitarian Universalism - 0.6 million
Unitarian Universalist Association - 0.2 million[160]
Note: Unitarian Universalism, which counts 0.6 million adherents,[161] developed out of Christian traditions but no longer identifies as a Christian denomination.

Church of Christ, Scientist - 0.4 million
Friends of Man - 0.07 million
Christadelphians - 0.06 million
Church of the East - 0.6 million[edit]
Assyrian Church of the East - 0.5 million
Ancient Church of the East - 0.1 million

Community or non-Demonational. 40,000 more. way too many to list.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#42 Jul 12, 2014
Mike do you believe in total submission to the catholic church?
Mike_Peterson

Sumrall, MS

#43 Jul 12, 2014
Bobby wrote:
Mike do you believe in total submission to the catholic church?
I believe that Church is the Church that Jesus started and was given all the authority as clearly described in sacred scripture.

I believe it is the true Bible church because it wrote the NT and created the first Bible, kept making copies and protecting it until the printing presses were invented

I believe everything it teaches in the area of faith and morals because Jesus said whoever hears the Church hears me

Those things are clearly defined in the CCC.

Now ask whatever question that Pope Slick wrote on his website.
Bobby

Mansfield, TX

#44 Jul 12, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that Church is the Church that Jesus started and was given all the authority as clearly described in sacred scripture.
I believe it is the true Bible church because it wrote the NT and created the first Bible, kept making copies and protecting it until the printing presses were invented
I believe everything it teaches in the area of faith and morals because Jesus said whoever hears the Church hears me
Those things are clearly defined in the CCC.
Now ask whatever question that Pope Slick wrote on his website.
Mike do you believe in total submission to the catholic church? Yes or no?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Axton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is baptism essential to salvation (Nov '10) 37 min Bobby 248
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr William 860
The Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 14 hr Jimmy-Crack-Corn 147
Jesus' words only teaching, HRM (Sep '13) Thu Curious 63
Signing off ... for now Aug 26 Barnsweb 512
Where did the CoC cowards go? Aug 23 Jimmy Crack Corn 2
Debate: Ferguson - Martinsville, VA Aug 22 Barnsweb 8
•••
•••
Axton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Axton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Axton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Axton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Axton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••