Residency Rule for Sex Offenders Unde...

Residency Rule for Sex Offenders Under Scrutiny

There are 4 comments on the The Ledger story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Residency Rule for Sex Offenders Under Scrutiny. In it, The Ledger reports that:

Published: Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 10:13 p.m. Last Modified: Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 10:13 p.m. In September, Edward finished his 10-year sentence on lewd and lascivious assault and walked out of Avon Park Correctional Institution a free man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ledger.

Al Kohol

Huntersville, NC

#1 Dec 6, 2009
These men could always volunteer to be neutered. This would reduce their testosterone levels, and consequently, aggression. Certainly, castrated rats never initiate conflict. And naturally, they lose dominant status -- but hey, these guys have already lost that. Another benefit would most likely be an increase in longevity -- or like females, they would most likely live longer. And best of all for them, they might once again be accepted into a community.
SME

Tampa, FL

#2 Dec 7, 2009
Al Kohol wrote:
These men could always volunteer to be neutered. This would reduce their testosterone levels, and consequently, aggression. Certainly, castrated rats never initiate conflict. And naturally, they lose dominant status -- but hey, these guys have already lost that. Another benefit would most likely be an increase in longevity -- or like females, they would most likely live longer. And best of all for them, they might once again be accepted into a community.
They tried something like that overseas (I think it was in Switzerland). From what I understand it didn't really work. Sex offenders don't really attack others for pure sexual gratification; it's mostly about control. They like feeling stronger than the person they are victimizing. Basically they are bullies who attack by using sex. The reason castration works with rats is because their level of thinking isn't as complex as ours. And if testosterone is why they are acting like this, then why are there so many women offenders out there? The only way these people will change is if they change their way of thinking. If you just neuter them, they will find another outlet for their aggression.
truth2010

North Port, FL

#3 Jun 30, 2010
i think we should just put them to death. sickness or what ever JUST hang THEM ! men and women, if you touch a kid u should be put to death
truth2010

North Port, FL

#4 Jun 30, 2010
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miller family (Sep '10) Jul 7 anonymous 5
Tell me all the good things about living in Seb... Jul 5 Boots Flintstone 1
Big Time Wrestling debuts in Sebring Florida Ap... Jun 30 moonwizzard 2
frostproof mcdonalds (Jan '09) Jun 27 Grasshoppers 61
noah (May '14) Jun 27 Torn 3
pj sutton Feb '17 hum 1
Is Mary merchant still chasing after married men? Feb '17 Jitter bug 1

Avon Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance