Tea Party to gather again Saturday

Nov 16, 2009 Read more: Sebring News-Sun

The Highlands Tea Party movement is growing at a rapid pace and has been in the process of planning its next event, which will take place from 1-3 p.m. Saturday on the Circle in downtown Sebring.

Read more
Lori C

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2009
I think this is a great group and am happy people are doing something baout the overspending and corruption. Shouldn't we start in our own backyards though? We have a very big problem in our community with a business that has gone wilf. Not only are they showing horrid discrimination for their fellow man but the abuse and the corruption is unbeliveable. Our neighbors and citizens thta have not been able to earn but a merger existence because of lack of jobs and the econmy are forced to go to places like Chaney's Used Cars in Avon Park to get a car to go to work, buy groceries and take kids to the doctors. Unfortunately for people who do not have much-they fall right inot the trap of the Chaneys. They operate theri Used Car Business like bookies who seek out the unfortunate and ask for large amounts of money for a down payment. I can understand that thought but the way they conduct the business after that is that these people are destined to fail and the Chaneys flip the cars over and over and make a killing off of each car. The people they sell cars to do not have money for attorneys and are threatened and cohersed by Chaney to pay enormous amounts of money to get back their car if they are late as little as 1 day. According to Royce Chaney-they are a company owned business and have the right to do whatever they want. The problem iwth that is they are targeting the underprivelages and minorities and casuing more depth and despair. They demand peple pay every 2 weeks instead of once a month knowing the chances are greatly increased that they would be late at one time. Even if they have padi faithfully for a lenghty time, if they are a day late they repo it-by brother Royce Chaney's Repo business. Racketeering??? Florida Law says if they sell a car after repo and make a profit, it is to be returned to the consumer. This is never done. Help your neighbors. Seek out what is going on in your own backyard. Chaney lives in Sebring-Lake Jackson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunny Hills Assisted Living Apr 2 Gator 2
frostproof dollar general store (Jun '14) Apr 1 wbabbott 2
Home track Mar '15 Dorothy in Wizard... 1
Men and Dating....Why do they think the way the... (Feb '09) Mar '15 Mexican 2
Todo Jan '15 Sherry 1
Please help Jan '15 Sherry 1
Debate: Marijuana - Sebring, FL (Sep '10) Jan '15 Antonio 28
More from around the web

Avon Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE