Are our locals officials breathing with their eyes closed?

Posted in the Avon Park Forum

Raymond Reasoner

United States

#2 Nov 26, 2009
There is way too much being said about the goings on at this place not to see if they are still operating, they have to be paying someone off to turn away any investigations. Someone needs to be asking for a special investigation into why our local officials are not sutting this place down. WHo's getting paid off??????
Bruce McQ wrote:
I was going to buy a car at Chaney's since I was told he has a good supply of popular cars like the Magnum & Charger and went there to look. I was herded before I got out of the truck by some high pressured salesperson who was in my face wanting to make a sale. Even though I hate pushy salesmen, I was willing to look. I did see a Magnum I liked alot but when I asked to test drive it, I was told it is against their policy for you to test drive their car. I have never in my life heard of anyone telling you to buy a car based on what you see and not be able to drive it. I questioned that and was told I could drive it after I bought it. I was not born yesterday so I told him I needed to discuss it with my wife. Relunctantly he finally left. As I was speaking to my wife 4 couples sat outside the middle office door. 3 seem to only speak spanish so they has someone out there talking to them and 1 was a non hispanic who was very upset. Seems he was telling them he paid ahead with payments becasue he was taking a vacation. His payment was due in the middle of the vacation so he paid an extra 2 payments before leaving. The night he returned his car was repoed. He was stating his case and some guy kept going back in and then coming back out with amounts to redeem the car. All the amounts were a high amount which the man was balking about. Finally he was told to leave and unless he could pay off the balance of $11,000.00 he could forget about his car. I have never heard such nonsense in my life. What was going on with the 3 hispanic couples I am not sure since I do not speak the language but it wasn't a good thing. Another salesperson came out and the hispanic salesperson said to him in English, these saps need to get out of here and go back to Mexico and forget the money. They are lucky they are even here to earn it so why are they crying. Then he said 'Stupid F----'s. I was so appalled at what I was iverhearing, I started to leave. The salesman came running out as I was nearing my truck and he asked me why I wasn't going to get the car, that it was a great deal and would sell right away.I told him from what I see, I would rather walk than to be in a seedy place like I was in. He said not even one here is a spic. I left very quickly and am so greatful I was not lured into buying something there. How can a place like that operate. Are our locals officials breathing with their eyes closed? Someone needs to take a really good look at this place.[
Jesse

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 26, 2009
I so agree. How can any business operate like this one does. It reeks of criminal activity and what is being done? Are we going to sit back and see a business in our town operate like some B rated ganster flick? SHUT THEM DOWN!!!
Raymond Reasoner wrote:
There is way too much being said about the goings on at this place not to see if they are still operating, they have to be paying someone off to turn away any investigations. Someone needs to be asking for a special investigation into why our local officials are not sutting this place down. WHo's getting paid off??????<quoted text>
Dawn Morgan

Miami, FL

#4 Nov 26, 2009
I say that people should bring all of this up starting with county officials if you think the Sheriff is ignoring these criminal activities. After that take it to State and beyond. This is really outrageous what these people are allowed to get away with. We have come too far as Americans not to say Stop to this type of crooked business.
Jesse wrote:
I so agree. How can any business operate like this one does. It reeks of criminal activity and what is being done? Are we going to sit back and see a business in our town operate like some B rated ganster flick? SHUT THEM DOWN!!! <quoted text>
Dawn Morgan

Miami, FL

#5 Nov 26, 2009
All of this is really terible. We need to get rid of these varmits.
Raymond Reasoner wrote:
There is way too much being said about the goings on at this place not to see if they are still operating, they have to be paying someone off to turn away any investigations. Someone needs to be asking for a special investigation into why our local officials are not sutting this place down. WHo's getting paid off??????<quoted text>
Joseph

United States

#8 Nov 27, 2009
Raymond Reasoner wrote:
If there is any doubt that these Chaney's are not involved in a real racket-Drive by and see they are flying the Mexican Flag. If this doesn't prove they are targeting the hispanics??? They fly the Mexican Flag to lure them in thinking it is an "approved hispanic friendly business". STEP INTO MY WEB SAYS THE CHANEYS-----What they are doing is another form of theft by disception. These people are just plain corrupt.
DARLA

Ballwin, MO

#9 Apr 30, 2010
You can call the local officials all you want, but your best advice is to call state and talk to them about what is going on there,The state has guidelines that must be followed. Repo laws have to be done a certain way for them to be legal. If not then criminal charges can be filed on them,but you can always take them to civil court, it cost a filing fee to do that 30.00 or 40.00 i think to file but if all of you they claim to be ripped off file against him pretty soon he might get what he deserves. The chaneys have been in avon park for I know of 37 yrs plus, so that tells you a idea of how long they have been doing. The chaneys have always been crooked people and also bad a---- in that town and Royce Chaney used to think he was gods gift to women and always trying to get in some girls pants when we went to school there.
DARLA

Ballwin, MO

#10 Apr 30, 2010
But in small claims court you can request up to three thousand dollars, depending what you paid in and if you have receipts keep them, never give your original receipt to anyone, make copies of all your papers and use only your copies and keep originals in a safe place so they cant get destroyed. Also Mr chaney has to fill out a dealer sales report that must be sent to state each month on all vehicles that are sold. Once repoed they have to notify state by filing a repossession title app out and send it in with the copies of the contract and also a 10 day default letter that the vehicle has been repoed and then state will send the dealership a new title in the dealers name saying repossessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rats (Jun '14) Sat jamiejames2020 2
Sunny Hills Assisted Living Apr '15 Gator 2
frostproof dollar general store (Jun '14) Apr '15 wbabbott 2
Home track Mar '15 Dorothy in Wizard... 1
Men and Dating....Why do they think the way the... (Feb '09) Mar '15 Mexican 2
Todo Jan '15 Sherry 1
Please help Jan '15 Sherry 1
More from around the web

Avon Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE