Corruption in Avon PArk spells Chanye...

Corruption in Avon PArk spells Chanye's Used Cars

Posted in the Avon Park Forum

MICHAEL C

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2009
STOP THESE CROOKS.

There is a Statue of Limitations on money stolen by Gerald Chaney from his Customers. If you have had your vehicle reposessed by Chaney's you are owed money. Their racket is to resell your vehicle and make a big profit. Per Florida Law, if the car is sold after reposession YOU HAVE THE RIGHT to be notified about the sale. Once sold YOU must be told it was sold and the PROFIT from the sale-what you owed on the car versus what it was sold for IS YOURS-the CONSUMER-THE CUSTOMER.

GET YOUR MONEY BACK. DO NOT LET THESE SHIFTY PEOPLE THINK BECAUSE YOU CANNOT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING. THERE ARE LAWS WHICH WILL FIGHT FOR YOU.

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH FLORIDA ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS. IT IS FREE AND YOU CAN DO IT ONLINE.

GET TOGETHER WITH OTHER VISTIMS OF THE CHANEYS AND FIGHT THEIR SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES.

THEY CANNOT DO BUSINESS ANYWAY THEY WANT. THEY ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY TELL YOU THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT.

GET THESE CTOOKED PEOPLE-THEY GOT YOU!
MICHAEL C

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2009
STOP THESE CROOKS.

There is a Statue of Limitations on money stolen by Gerald Chaney from his Customers. If you have had your vehicle reposessed by Chaney's you are owed money. Their racket is to resell your vehicle and make a big profit. Per Florida Law, if the car is sold after reposession YOU HAVE THE RIGHT to be notified about the sale. Once sold YOU must be told it was sold and the PROFIT from the sale-what you owed on the car versus what it was sold for IS YOURS-the CONSUMER-THE CUSTOMER.

GET YOUR MONEY BACK. DO NOT LET THESE SHIFTY PEOPLE THINK BECAUSE YOU CANNOT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING. THERE ARE LAWS WHICH WILL FIGHT FOR YOU.

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH FLORIDA ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS. IT IS FREE AND YOU CAN DO IT ONLINE.

GET TOGETHER WITH OTHER VICTIMS OF THE CHANEYS AND FIGHT THEIR SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES.

THEY CANNOT DO BUSINESS ANYWAY THEY WANT. THEY ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY TELL YOU THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT.

Bruce McQ

United States

#3 Nov 26, 2009
I was going to buy a car at Chaney's since I was told he has a good supply of popular cars like the Magnum & Charger and went there to look. I was herded before I got out of the truck by some high pressured salesperson who was in my face wanting to make a sale. Even though I hate pushy salesmen, I was willing to look. I did see a Magnum I liked alot but when I asked to test drive it, I was told it is against their policy for you to test drive their car. I have never in my life heard of anyone telling you to buy a car based on what you see and not be able to drive it. I questioned that and was told I could drive it after I bought it. I was not born yesterday so I told him I needed to discuss it with my wife. Relunctantly he finally left. As I was speaking to my wife 4 couples sat outside the middle office door. 3 seem to only speak spanish so they has someone out there talking to them and 1 was a non hispanic who was very upset. Seems he was telling them he paid ahead with payments becasue he was taking a vacation. His payment was due in the middle of the vacation so he paid an extra 2 payments before leaving. The night he returned his car was repoed. He was stating his case and some guy kept going back in and then coming back out with amounts to redeem the car. All the amounts were a high amount which the man was balking about. Finally he was told to leave and unless he could pay off the balance of $11,000.00 he could forget about his car. I have never heard such nonsense in my life. What was going on with the 3 hispanic couples I am not sure since I do not speak the language but it wasn't a good thing. Another salesperson came out and the hispanic salesperson said to him in English, these saps need to get out of here and go back to Mexico and forget the money. They are lucky they are even here to earn it so why are they crying. Then he said 'Stupid F----'s. I was so appalled at what I was iverhearing, I started to leave. The salesman came running out as I was nearing my truck and he asked me why I wasn't going to get the car, that it was a great deal and would sell right away.I told him from what I see, I would rather walk than to be in a seedy place like I was in. I left very quickly and am so greatful I was not lured into buying something there. How can a place like that operate. Are our locals officials breathing with their eyes closed? Someone needs to take a really good look at this place.
MICHAEL C wrote:
STOP THESE CROOKS.
GET TOGETHER WITH OTHER VISTIMS OF THE CHANEYS AND FIGHT THEIR SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES.
Jesse

United States

#4 Nov 26, 2009
I have never stepped foot on that Lot but I care about what is going on there. These people give honest businesses a bad name. All they are doing is making themselves prosper over the discrimination of others. It is a crime to operate like this and even if it wasn't, how can any business feel good about running such a bad show? Disgusting! Thoroughly Disgusting.
Bruce McQ wrote:
I was going to buy a car at Chaney's since I was told he has a good supply of popular cars like the Magnum & Charger and went there to look. I was herded before I got out of the truck by some high pressured salesperson who was in my face wanting to make a sale. Even though I hate pushy salesmen, I was willing to look. I did see a Magnum I liked alot but when I asked to test drive it, I was told it is against their policy for you to test drive their car. I have never in my life heard of anyone telling you to buy a car based on what you see and not be able to drive it. I questioned that and was told I could drive it after I bought it. I was not born yesterday so I told him I needed to discuss it with my wife. Relunctantly he finally left. As I was speaking to my wife 4 couples sat outside the middle office door. 3 seem to only speak spanish so they has someone out there talking to them and 1 was a non hispanic who was very upset. Seems he was telling them he paid ahead with payments becasue he was taking a vacation. His payment was due in the middle of the vacation so he paid an extra 2 payments before leaving. The night he returned his car was repoed. He was stating his case and some guy kept going back in and then coming back out with amounts to redeem the car. All the amounts were a high amount which the man was balking about. Finally he was told to leave and unless he could pay off the balance of $11,000.00 he could forget about his car. I have never heard such nonsense in my life. What was going on with the 3 hispanic couples I am not sure since I do not speak the language but it wasn't a good thing. Another salesperson came out and the hispanic salesperson said to him in English, these saps need to get out of here and go back to Mexico and forget the money. They are lucky they are even here to earn it so why are they crying. Then he said 'Stupid F----'s. I was so appalled at what I was iverhearing, I started to leave. The salesman came running out as I was nearing my truck and he asked me why I wasn't going to get the car, that it was a great deal and would sell right away.I told him from what I see, I would rather walk than to be in a seedy place like I was in. I left very quickly and am so greatful I was not lured into buying something there. How can a place like that operate. Are our locals officials breathing with their eyes closed? Someone needs to take a really good look at this place.<quoted text>
Randy

United States

#5 Nov 26, 2009
Shut em down-Get-R-done. No more playing bad games on people. You took many for a ride Chaney now it is your time.
MICHAEL C wrote:
STOP THESE CROOKS.
Terrance Rozwell

United States

#6 Nov 26, 2009
You got to remember these guys do not care one bit who they upset. They have no morals, no dignity-only thoughts they have is how much money are they going to make off these poor saps. Face it, no matter what you say, they do not care. They figure many people do not look into who they are and how they operate so they move right along. The way to gets these bad guys is to get the agencies that look over bad business practices to pay special attention to what is going on here. Just be glad you are not them when they take the fall and BELIEVE ME, they will take the fall. People who conduct themselves like this do not prosper. They skim by until caught. It is just a shame that so many get taken off of this bad guys. Try and make people more aware of these guys until they can be properly shut down. It is really a shame they are so heartless but they are. Nothing will change that so don't worry about that just go after them.

I noticed someone mentioned the labor board in a previous post. Someone needs to do something there. How can a man calls his girl employees-c---s and b-----s and talk to them and about them like they are the lowest form of scum? Try Gerald Chaney. He is out of control and someone needs to call the dog pound on this rapid creature.
MICHAEL C wrote:
STOP THESE CROOKS.
Molly

United States

#7 Nov 27, 2009
MICHAEL C wrote:
STOP THESE CROOKS.
I must say I am very distraught reading this and wonder why we as Americans will sit back and allow people to violate our fellow man. America encourages free enterprise but that does not give these violators the right to capitalize upon it through the destruction of fellow human beings. This is Thansgiving we just celebrated but these Chaney's feel nothing but greed for their fellow mankind and neighbors. How many people have they destroyed? It isn't that they gave loans to people who did not pay their bills so they had no choice to take back their vehicles. This is an out right theft and deception. They know the people who buy from them are not able to go to reputable financing companies so they take advantage of that and make a huge profit. They are taking moral and financial advantage of these folks. They take every bit of money these people have for the down payment then they sit like vultures to take it back. These people have no intention on seeing that people succeed. To repo a car a day late and re-sell it for a huge profit reeks of crookiness. Who would conduct business like that? Where is the compassion, the human understanding. We are not talking about someone going months and trying to stiff a car dealer but working people who may be 1 day late and have to pay every 2 weeks to increase the chances that someone might get a day late. From what I am reading when these Chaneys need more money or if they think it is a car that they can move quickly, they take it back even if the people are not behind. Since the people who go there have given them their savings, Chaney counts on the fact they may not have money to hire an attorney so he carrys on with his game of stealing cars. That is in effect what he is doing. He is setting these poor people up. We should never sit back complacent and allow this to happen. I want to see something done and am going to start calling evry agency I can and encourage everyone else to do the same. Make these crooks answer for the bad business ethics they have and let us not allow them to hold these peoples cars for ransom. Sounds to me like that is what Chaney does. He tries to make these people pay enormous amounts of money to get their car back and I imagine he only offers that if he thinks he cannot move their car quickly. If he can move their car quickly, he doesn't give them a chance to get it back but sells it even before he can get a clear title back on it. Shifty Shifty. Then you have the raping of these people with his own reposession company making a killing off od reposessing the cars. This is a real nasty business and it needs to be shut down and they need to have these Chaney's have to answer for their inhumanity.
Joseph

United States

#8 Nov 27, 2009
If there is any doubt that these Chaney's are not involved in a real racket-Drive by and see they are flying the Mexican Flag. If this doesn't prove they are targeting the hispanics??? They fly the Mexican Flag to lure them in thinking it is an "approved hispanic friendly business". STEP INTO MY WEB SAYS THE CHANEYS-----What they are doing is another form of theft by disception. These people are just plain corrupt.
Gordon L

United States

#9 Nov 27, 2009
Start bt calling AP Chamber of Commerce

Notify Department of Consumer Affairs

Florida Attornet General

Notify Congressman. Senators

Call local News

Let's get these guys because they are really bad actors.
Driscol

United States

#11 Nov 27, 2009
This is the same type of thing Gerald Chaney is doing to people, not particularly of advance aged but the disadvantages. Either way, it is a crime to humanity to take advantage of people like these folks have. Stay away from Chaney's Used Cars he does the same to every customer who is unfortunate enough to come in his doow. DO NOT BE A VICTIM WAITING TO HAPPEN.
Royce

United States

#12 Nov 27, 2009
You know if these people were decent they wouldn't have to come to us so if they come to us, why shouldn't we make a profit. It is not our fault they are stupid.
Michael

United States

#13 Nov 28, 2009
You are correct but unfortunately what we have here is more than just people getting more than what they can pay for. This is a racket that preys on people who actually probably feel when they walk in they can afford it. It isn't until after they sign they are told they must pay every 2 weeks. Even then they most likely feel they can handle it. Unfortunately, there are many people who do not get behind but still have their car taken and resold. These crooks prey on the unsuspecting just as bad as people who rape people, who abuse children, and take advantage of the elderly. The game is to lure in hispanics or people that probably do not know the law and will not have any recourse when the car is basically stolen. Some people actually do get behind and their car is repoed and I agree that the financing company does have a right to exercise their lienholder rights. I am not saying let everyone default on their loans, what I am saying is there is no one stopping the illegal repossessions and no one watching to protect the victims. Another point is the Florida Statue prohibits this type of activity by car dealers to try to prevent this type of corruption. The law clearly states that if a car is repoed the lienholder can go back to the consumer for the difference-default judgement, but also if the vehicle is sold for more than the consumer owes, that money is to be returned to the consummer. This prevents people taking advantage and repoing unnecessarily. The issue here is that Chaney never gives back the money and if forced to give back the profit he is making would probably not repo illegally or in a day or two late. Tell me have you always been so fortunate to have your mortage paid by the due date or your car and insurance paid by the due date. Has any of your installment loans ever been delayed a day or two-ever? If it has because things happen, mail is delayed or you may have overlooked it by a day or two-would you feel that you should lose your house, vehicle or anything because of a one time day or two delay? I am sure you would be singing a different tune if it was you. What I am saying is this is an outrage to treat people like these people do and it causes alot of concern that this is going on in our community. We as fellow neighbors need to at least direct these people on what their options are. Yes I may not have enough to fight their battle for them but I am doing what I can and hopefully you will not be so cold hearted you don't understand that sometimes you have to reach out and help those who are being railroaded and taken advantage of. Trying seeing the Christain value in this and stop this horrible travesty being done and if nothing else tell everyone to not fall for this outfit or better yet, call all agentcies that might be able to investigate and stop this type of activity or even better yet, help find an attorney willing to look into this for all of these people who have been treated so unjusticely.
Nate

United States

#14 Nov 29, 2009
AGREE.
true

Lakeland, FL

#15 Nov 30, 2009
chaney is a rip-off artist been doing it for years and practice makes perfect..I bet he has to drink a gallon of vodka to sleep at night..Im for reals on that one and I heard a lil somin somin about drugs at that carlot too..
Thomas

United States

#16 Nov 30, 2009
true wrote:
chaney is a rip-off artist been doing it for years and practice makes perfect..I bet he has to drink a gallon of vodka to sleep at night..Im for reals on that one and I heard a lil somin somin about drugs at that carlot too..
I heard that too. As a matter of fact the painter at the Lot is a key supplier for bringing it in. He gets wasted and talks way too much.
Thomas

United States

#17 Nov 30, 2009
true wrote:
I am sure you are right. How can anyone be as nasty and crooked as he is and can live with hisself. A couple of the brothers make claim for being Christaians and then stab their fellow man in the back at each and every turn. Quite the family hey? They are all as crooked as you can get. You know after hearding about the drugs being dealt there, no wonder they are always trying to take advantage and ripping everyone off. I guess you can not make enough money when you are using that stuff. At least there may be a reason for the way he acts but it still is a crime-on both counts.
Thomas

United States

#18 Nov 30, 2009
Gordon L wrote:
Start bt calling AP Chamber of Commerce
Notify Department of Consumer Affairs
Florida Attornet General
Notify Congressman. Senators
Call local News
Let's get these guys because they are really bad actors.
Also call the DEA it seems.
Tito

United States

#19 Nov 30, 2009
MICHAEL C wrote:
STOP THESE CROOKS.
Better Hurry and Get the money that they owe you fast. Seems like alot of people are coming forward with information about these creeps. It will be a matter of time before they are closed down and locked up so get your money fast. Good Luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LETTER: Are gypsies Israel's lost tribes? (Sep '12) Dec 3 DAVE 13
Miller family (Sep '10) Nov 24 Sylvia 6
News Crime 20 mins ago 1:48 p.m.Boy fighting for lif... Nov 14 Nellie 1
Tell me all the good things about living in Seb... Sep '17 kitkat69 4
pj sutton (Feb '17) Jul '17 Pedo judges 2
News News 11 mins ago 4:54 p.m.Undocumented immigran... Jul '17 tomin cali 3
Big Time Wrestling debuts in Sebring Florida Ap... (Apr '17) Jun '17 moonwizzard 2

Avon Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Park Mortgages