Cellphone Roaming Charges Can Trip Up...

Cellphone Roaming Charges Can Trip Up Travelers

There are 5 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Cellphone Roaming Charges Can Trip Up Travelers. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The week on the sunny beaches of the Dominican Republic in early December was a wonderful way for Chester and Carmen Andrews to wipe away the worries of their everyday life back home in Middletown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

mike

Rocky Hill, CT

#1 Jan 29, 2008
HOLY CRAP!!!
at&t did something right... never did when I worked there. I guess when SBC bought at&t and changed their name they changed their attitude too. Good for them

Good story as well.
veronica

Hartford, CT

#2 Jan 30, 2008
Chester and Carmen Andrews should take responsibility for charges they made. Since when is ignorance a valid excuse for sliming out of a bill? I think I'll call my credit card company and tell them I was "under the impression" all charges I made were free. Shame on you Watchdog for defending these freeloaders. And 600 minutes of roaming charges in one week?! I feel sorry for anyone that was on vacation anywhere near this obnoxious couple.
Wow

Hartford, CT

#3 Jan 31, 2008
Veronica, those contracts we all sign are absurd and require a microscope to read. They are malicious and designed for one thing..Use legal trickerymoney for the purpose of taking our money from us... And the only obnoxious person I wouldnt want to be near is you and shame on you for defending this megcorporation.. Who the hell defends cell phone company billing practices??? Cookoo
greg

New London, CT

#4 Feb 4, 2008
I'm totally with Veronica
Joe

Manchester, UK

#5 Feb 4, 2008
Please, tell me whenever you leave a country, those calls are part of your regular plan? Who would expect such a thing? You pay a toll call for calling a town that is two over from you..let alone going out of the country. I say they should be stuck with the bill. get off the phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Aug 17 Anonymous 17
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Aug 12 pam 554
News Classic Italian family cuisine at its very best (Mar '08) Aug 11 Mr Mike Dulude 9
Shoe Factory History? (Feb '07) Jul '16 cdogpal 41
Massachusetts Adoptees and Birth parents Reunit... Jun '16 joan 1
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton Jun '16 mdtanq28 6
Shirts Pressed May '16 Pop the Weasel 2

Avon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Mortgages