Office Holder Seeks House Seat

Office Holder Seeks House Seat

There are 9 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Office Holder Seeks House Seat. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Brett Eisenlohr, a Democratic member of the board of finance and a former Avon police sergeant, has announced that he will seek his party's nomination for the soon-to-be vacant 17th House District seat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

dave

Chesterfield, MO

#1 Mar 24, 2008
I dont know if he is the right person for the job, having served two lenghty suspensions in his career as a police officer for lying.
concerned avon citizen

Avon, CT

#2 Mar 24, 2008
dave wrote:
I dont know if he is the right person for the job, having served two lenghty suspensions in his career as a police officer for lying.
Just what we need, a police officer who's not been honest. I'd like to know exactly why he was suspended. Does anyone know?
What a choice. LeGeyt who's qualification are he's lived in Canton all his life, or Eisenlohr. Should be interesting. The problem is we really need someone who will represent the interests of the district, not just their own concerns.

Since: Mar 08

Palmer, MA

#3 Mar 24, 2008
As a citizen of Avon and a regular attendee of all the board meetings, I can honestly say I am unimpressed. Mr. Eisenlohr rarely speaks and I have yet to hear any original ideas. The Chairman Harrison (R) and Tom Gugliotti (D) generally run the show with Bratton (R) thrown in for some good laughs.
dave

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Mar 24, 2008
concerned avon citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what we need, a police officer who's not been honest. I'd like to know exactly why he was suspended. Does anyone know?
What a choice. LeGeyt who's qualification are he's lived in Canton all his life, or Eisenlohr. Should be interesting. The problem is we really need someone who will represent the interests of the district, not just their own concerns.
google him and also in the hartford courant
concerned avon citizen

Avon, CT

#5 Mar 25, 2008
dave wrote:
<quoted text>google him and also in the hartford courant
Sgt. Brett Eisenlohr, a 25-year veteran of the department, was suspended without pay for two weeks beginning March 27 after he was accused of "failure to obey an order" by not providing the medical documentation that would have excused him from taking an EMT recertification test in November.
The memo to Eisenlohr states that in 1991 he was reprimanded with a 10-day suspension for not attending a scheduled Medical Response Test and he failed EMT recertification tests in May 2005 and earlier in 2006.
The memo said Eisenlohr directly disregarded a superior's command that if he wasn't going to take the November test he had to provide the proper medical excuse signed by a doctor.
In each case, the officers are allowed to appeal the outcome of the investigation through the police union's grievance procedure. Rinaldo said Eisenlohr's refusal to submit the proper paperwork exhibited a "failure to obey an order." Due to the length of his discipline, Eisenlohr was required to turn over his badge and gun during his two week suspension.
Get It Right

United States

#6 Mar 25, 2008
Just to set the record straight, Mr. Eisenlohr has COMPLETELY (100%)cleared himself on this issue through the grievance process. Obviously there was more to this story than what the media reported on. I also happen to know that when Mr. Eisenlohr was woking for the police department he has taken on some positions within the police department that are occassionaly at odds with the chief. It's apparent that there was a vendetta to be settled prior his his retirement that was later turned around.
dave

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Mar 27, 2008
The grievance process just lowered the number of days of suspension but did not dismiss the charges or clear him of the charges
Jane

United States

#8 Mar 28, 2008
dave wrote:
The grievance process just lowered the number of days of suspension but did not dismiss the charges or clear him of the charges
dave, the one thing you made clear here is your personal agenda. Your last comment clearly demonstrates your misinformation and biased opinion, get a life dave!
Miikey poo

Needham, MA

#9 Mar 28, 2008
idk wat that guys issue is
hatin on me
kause im white

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Thu Jennifer Gonzalez 12
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton Thu sab5624 5
Shirts Pressed May 16 Pop the Weasel 2
News Dealing with Public Disapproval when You Have a... May 4 Regina 1
Doink Rules (May '14) Apr '16 Old Dying Clown 156
News Reader disappointed with city's decision on Sum... (Jan '08) Apr '16 Jeff Irvine 810 43
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Apr '16 pvalen34 551
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Mortgages