Eaton trustee calls LORCO project - s...

Eaton trustee calls LORCO project - sewer to nowhere'

There are 2 comments on the Chronicle-Telegram story from Jun 10, 2011, titled Eaton trustee calls LORCO project - sewer to nowhere'. In it, Chronicle-Telegram reports that:

Houses are being connected to the $30 million sewer being constructed by the Lorain County Rural Wastewater District without the sewer being connected to a treatment plant in Avon Lake, a situation that is troubling Eaton Township Trustee Linda Morrison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chronicle-Telegram.

Jacob G

Medina, OH

#1 Jun 17, 2011
There is an enormous storage capacity within the underground sewer pipes, appurtenances and pump stations within the installed sewer system.
In all technical sense, it can be treated as a large septic tank that is functioning correctly and does not leak or is discharging sanitary sewage to the environment in the interim! Not like the +40% of failing septic tanks in the area now.
All pipes are buried underground; I don't know how one can say "I can't believe my eyes" as you can't.
Remember LORCO and ALMU are the sanitary sewer experts, "They Know Sewers"!
As for health concerns, the sewerage is in the pipe is better that raw sanitary sewerage discharged to the drainage swale in front of your home. Do you know the many deadly diseases that can be contracted from RAW SANITARY SEWERAGE exposure???
God Bless OhioEPA, LORCO and ALMU, they are the real HEROS in this epic story! As well as President Obama, Federal funding putting Ohioans back to work!
Jon M

Cleveland, OH

#2 Jun 17, 2011
What really is upsetting is the fact that only a handful of people are being forced into Lorco sewers , while others are not . When the rep. from the EPA told us that it is what is best for Lorain County , then with that being said all homes in Lorain County should be forced into this , not just homes with developable tracks of land in there area . Lorco has been asked a number of times by a number of people when the rest of the residents of North Eaton and Carlisle will be tied in and have not been able to answer this and many more questions .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
racial profiling in Rocky River (Mar '06) Apr 7 Chris 7
News Councilman found guilty (Jun '07) Apr 1 Joseph Monteleone 7
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Mar 31 Thar 187
News Former Playboy Playmante Jennifer Jackson found... (Jan '10) Mar 29 Tommybay 30
US Steel to idle plant (Jan '15) Mar '17 Ike 3
Deana Chandler Mar '17 Ike 3
prayers needed Mar '17 IN CHRIST NAME 1

Avon Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Lake Mortgages