Witnesses Describe Accident that Injured Police Officer

A motorcycle police officer was seriously hurt after his bike collided with a pickup truck while responding to a call. Full Story
MawMa

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2010
YOU KNOW YOU SAID IT RIGHT...IT ISN'T YOU THAT IS OPERATING THE BIKE, ITS THE OTHER A**HOLES ON THE STREET THAT PULL RIGHT OUT OUT IN FRONT OF YOU OR PERPOSELY CUT YOU OFF. SOME JERK PULLED OUT INFRONT OF MY HUSBAND AND I GOING DOWN LAKE SHORE, WE WERE HALF WAY THROUGH THE INTERSECTIION WHEN THIS JERK PULLED OUT IN FRONT OF US! HE COULD'VE TURNED INTO THE CURB LANE BUT INSTEAD CAME ALL THE WAY OVER AND CUT US OFF. THANK GOD FOR MY HUSBANDS ABILITY TO CONTROL THE THE BIKE OR WE WOULD'VE HIT THE BACK DRIVER SIDE AND PASSANGER DOOR. WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS THE BIKERS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM!!!
Sydney-Amanda-Ve ra

United States

#2 Oct 12, 2010
God Bless you Pete-wish you a speedy recovery. You are in good hands at Metro. Hope you heal up well. The girls and I will be praying for you. Just saw the article and called George to let him know. We are thinking of you and your family and God watches out for those who do good in this world...you are one of those guys-you'll be OK!!! VERA, AMANDA AND SYDNEY SOTO
Rudy

Tiffin, OH

#3 Oct 12, 2010
Honey, do you want me to pick up anything on the way hme from the bar? "Thump". Honey, I have to hang up, someone just hit ME.
SpongeBob

Cleveland, OH

#4 Oct 13, 2010
Why are they not giving the name of the truck driver? What is the big secret??

And MawMa, I agree. People should look twice before pulling out. As a fellow motorcycle rider. I ahve had to learn how to watch out for moron who can see a big blue Harley Ultra Classic coming at them.
Deb Fairview Park

Cleveland, OH

#5 Oct 13, 2010
UGH!!! Prayers to the officer and his family and friends.......... Lord we need to pay more attention
Hulkster

Cleveland, OH

#6 Oct 13, 2010
For once an innocent person was not killed or injured in senseless police chases, thank good it was a motorcycle and the innocent person had a big truck
Thor

Richmond, VA

#7 Oct 13, 2010
I have been a biker for over 40 years and I have heard the same lame excuse for all of these years. " I didn't see him". The cagers are too busy talking, listening to the radio , talking on the cell or texting to pay attention. I have had several accidents and hundreds of close calls because of these morons. It's time to charge these people with something a little more serious than "failing to yield." I hope the officer makes a full recovery and I know he has the support of the community.
Sue In Barberton

Akron, OH

#8 Oct 13, 2010
I hope and pray that he will quickly turn around, and make a complete recovery. Fox 8 your video isn't working. All I get is a commercial.
Sue In Barberton

Akron, OH

#9 Oct 13, 2010
Deb Fairview Park wrote:
UGH!!! Prayers to the officer and his family and friends.......... Lord we need to pay more attention
And STAY OFF OF THE CELL PHONES, AND WHATEVER ELSE ANYONE CAN THINK OF TO BE ON,LISTEN TO, OR LOOK AT! The only thing people NEED to be doing while they are behind the wheel is
1) Keep 2 hands on the wheel. Go by the face of the clock. If you are left handed. The left hand needs to be on the 12, and the right on the 3. If your right handed, reverse it. The right needs to be on the 12, and the left on the 9.
2) Look in all 4 different directions. TWICE!
3) Keep your eyes, and your mind on the road!
4) Be careful! If you mess up, the person getting hurt, or killed, could be you!
yea right

Westlake, OH

#10 Oct 15, 2010
I hate seeing people drive using cell phones, but guess what, I have seen bikers on the phone to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reasons why lorain sucks (Apr '07) 14 hr AKHS89 14
Anyone work at the ex Bargain Warehouse? Feb 19 mixdenny 1
Man found dead after car plunge over cliff alon... Feb 15 freethinkradio do... 1
Tina Mae Walton and James Turner Feb 10 fyi 3
want a girlfriend (May '07) Jan '15 shub thakur 252
US Steel to idle plant Jan '15 R R R 1
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jan '15 Pat 25
Avon Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Avon Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News