Police: Couple beat girl with belt

Police: Couple beat girl with belt

There are 48 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Mar 5, 2009, titled Police: Couple beat girl with belt. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Avon police say one couple went too far in disciplining their child. When they were arrested Monday, the couple told detectives they knew what they were doing was wrong.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bonzai

Indianapolis, IN

#51 Mar 21, 2009
This is sick.I am sure he is put away from all the other inmates,right?That baby couldnt defend herself and they let it happen.All of them should be arrested who were there and did nothing to stop the abuse.Shame on you! You will be punished by GOD!I cryed when I saw her picture in the paper.Such a sweet face.GOD has her now,you cant hurt her anymore.

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

#52 Mar 22, 2009
Bonzai wrote:
This is sick.I am sure he is put away from all the other inmates,right?That baby couldnt defend herself and they let it happen.All of them should be arrested who were there and did nothing to stop the abuse.Shame on you! You will be punished by GOD!I cryed when I saw her picture in the paper.Such a sweet face.GOD has her now,you cant hurt her anymore.
Wrong story, this child did not die. Both parties involved have been arrested.
CHESTER

Cincinnati, OH

#53 Mar 24, 2009
jim wrote:
take the pot smoking time and money thats spent on it and take parenting class,and maybe take the child to the zoo for a day,,na lets get high and beat the kid, morons!!!
Smoking pot has NOTHING to do with child abuse. Millions of people smoke pot and do not abuse their children. In fact, the less tolerant people are of harmless weed, the MORE likely they are to abuse their children.
Kelly W

Indianapolis, IN

#54 Mar 24, 2009
Trust me, if the Avon Police and especially Sean Stoops is involved, I bet there's more fiction to the report that what really happened. Avon Police like to embellish.

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

#55 Mar 24, 2009
Kelly W wrote:
Trust me, if the Avon Police and especially Sean Stoops is involved, I bet there's more fiction to the report that what really happened. Avon Police like to embellish.
I would find it hard for anyone to "embellish" brusing from the chest to the ankles on BOTH sides of this little girls body.
IndyDad

Mishawaka, IN

#56 Mar 25, 2009
NoseyLikeYou wrote:
No IndyDad I do not know these people, and no I was not there to witness the discipline they decided to put upon this 3 yr old for "kicking her covers off" and then "lying about it" but "The doctor found serious bruising on both sides of the girl's body, from the top of her chest down to her ankles". I am pretty sure they were consistant with a belt beings how these folks admitted to using one and also admitted to knowing the beating they placed upon this child was wrong. Yes, children get bruises from bumps, falls, and other clumsy things they do.. they however do not get many belt marks that run from their chest to their ankles. These folks BEAT this child they did not discipline her appropriately. Yes I use a belt sometimes but I do not use it to the point that it bruises the childs buttocks nor do I use it to hit a child from chest to ankle.
Did you see all these bruises from chest to ankles on both sides? When doctors check for bruising they use a devise similiar to a black light that will pick up bruising that could have happened much earlier. I am sure if you put a that machine on any child you would find numerous bruise points. Even your little ones buttocks could be marked...does that mean you abused him/her? You don't think so. But to a doctor or CPS employee, you say that you are abusing your child! And if you are being questioned by a police officer because they "assume" there might be abuse and they are threating to take your child away, more than likely you would admit that you spanked your child with a belt too! Now you are in the same situation as they are. Just because you can't see the bruise on your childs buttocks doesn't mean it is not there and I bet that blacklight machine would find them as well! And I don't think these people felt like they were abusing her either...they felt that they were disciplining her for lying. If a child fell off of a chair on a foreign object like a toy on the floor, got bruised from it, depending on the shape of the toy, could it appear to be the same shape as a belt? Of course it could. I think with the heat CPS has been getting over the past years, anything and everything they can file is going to be filed.
Army1

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#57 Mar 25, 2009
A fine line is drawn between a spanking for wrong doing and absolute abuse. As a proud parent, my lil boy knows when he does something wrong and that it means a swat on the bottom, but never to that extent or with a belt. These two need to be put in line and beat with a belt without mercy till they get the point, which if that happened, I personally hope that they never do get the point. Wish there was a way to stop stupid people from breeding, because being a parent is a blessing, and knowing that challenges are a part of being a parent you have to have tolerance, they don't always know better....check the gene pool jeeves...i'm out

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

#58 Mar 25, 2009
IndyDad wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see all these bruises from chest to ankles on both sides?
TAKEN FROM THE ARTICLE!!!

"Police said,(((((a few days after))))) the beating, the couple took the child to a scheduled doctor's appointment. The doctor found serious bruising on both sides of the girl's body, from the top of her chest down to her ankles."
__________

In all my years working with DCFS (in another State) and all my years of being called to the ER to invetigate an alledged abuse case I have never seen your "black light". This child was seen by a Doctor, meaning she went to a regular Dr appointment (as stated in the article)a few days after the alledged beating (admitted by both parties arrested). A regular Dr seen this child and seen the bruising and reported to the facts of what he seen. There would be no need for this Dr to use a "black light" if the child presented in his office with VISIBLE bruising. So maybe the Dr is exaggerating the bruises which I am 100% positive have been photographed and placed into evidence in the prosecutions hands for this case. Did the CPS worker(s) take a "black light" to the house AFTER the Dr made the phone call? Did the police then use a "black light" to view all the bruising on this child before arresting these two? They have admitted to what they have done, they admitted knowing it was wrong, they were arrested and the little girl is hopefully in safe hands where she will learn discipline does not equal BEATINGS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WWII vet knelt with the NFL players Sunday 5 min Ha 8
Boycott the Colts and the NFL 5 min Ha 6
News Indiana Muslims offended by 'Islamophobic' bill... 42 min Yup 127
No Respect For The Handicap In Indiana 1 hr workingstiff 17
Repeal Bill deal maybe 3 hr TrumpDemPlayers 1
More dems going to prison 3 hr TrumpDaPlayers 1
News Prosecutor: More funds needed to protect elderly 6 hr TrumpedGhettopoli... 2

Avon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Mortgages