Kroger slaying nets 60-year sentence

Kroger slaying nets 60-year sentence

There are 96 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 7, 2008, titled Kroger slaying nets 60-year sentence. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Tom Wood Lexus Lexus Certified Pre-Owned includes 3 Year or 100,000 Total Vehicle Mileage Warranty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Brick Tamland

Bloomingdale, IL

#1 Mar 7, 2008
He killed somebody, of course he has mental problems.

And, a poor childhood is an excuse for bad grades...not for killing another human!
Just me

Duncan, OK

#2 Mar 7, 2008
I don't care how poor his childhood was it did not entitle him to steal a life!
well-deserved

Kansas City, MO

#3 Mar 7, 2008
Well-deserved sentence. Probably enough time to just sit there and rot in prison. Too bad the law abiding taxpayers have to pay for this.

Condolences go to the victim's family.
sugar

Fowler, IN

#4 Mar 7, 2008
of course 60 years actually means 30. even less if he completes some programs. what a jerkoff of the system.
Wahhh

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2008
Bad childhood + Mental problems -- oh, well, then killing someone is perfectly fine. Judge Stoner will let you off.

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

#6 Mar 7, 2008
RIP Wendell
Richard

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Mar 7, 2008
It is just inconceiveble that this man is not going to be put to death. And shame on Diane Abel for mouthing the usual Defense Attorney's Big Lie: if Kist didn't intend to shoot or kill anyone, why did he bring a gun. Shame, I say. Shame.

“Got my mojo workin'”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Mar 7, 2008
If he didn't indend to kill anyone, why did the punk take a loaded gun? What a bunch of crap!
mckenna

Rogers, MN

#9 Mar 7, 2008
He should have been given life in prison for this murder!!

Justice was not served

paisleyposey

“END THE FED!”

Since: Feb 07

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#10 Mar 7, 2008
sugar wrote:
of course 60 years actually means 30. even less if he completes some programs. what a jerkoff of the system.
My sentiments exactly! Why not life in prison?
Why does one murder net Life, and another 25 or so years? We''l pay for those programs he can use to reduce his sentence, too.
Lawman

Paris, KY

#11 Mar 7, 2008
JUdge Stoner will let you off? Did you not read the article? Judge Stoner just gave the low-life 60 years in prison. The Judge can not control what happens after that.
excuses

Austin, TX

#12 Mar 7, 2008
Personally I'm sick of the 'bad childhood' excuse for murder and even bad behavior. There are lots of people with bad childhoods that end up leading productive lives and have good character.
Clark

Rockford, IL

#13 Mar 7, 2008
Congratulations David Kist, at 19 years of age, you have just thrown your entire life away. Enjoy your stay with the Indiana Department of Corrections.
Jess Tice

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Mar 7, 2008
Have David, here are the words from others who commited criminal acts.

Sadam " Hey, I am sorry I gassed all those Kurds"
Hitler: " I'm sorry I killed millions."
Osama ' I'm sorry I killed 3000 Americans".
Hey, see the kind of company you have joined now that you are a convicted killer. Rot in jail, you worthless scumbag.
General Grant

United States

#15 Mar 7, 2008
These 2 pusbags should be hung from monument circle.....but no, the judicial system gives them 60 years....which means they will be out in 8.......
Well-Informed Mom

United States

#16 Mar 7, 2008
excuses wrote:
Personally I'm sick of the 'bad childhood' excuse for murder and even bad behavior. There are lots of people with bad childhoods that end up leading productive lives and have good character.
I couldn't agree more...
INDY GAL

Crown Point, IN

#17 Mar 7, 2008
I remember the morning this happened. I live not too far from that Kroger. Justice has not been served. He should get life - then that might equate to 60 years

“It's Not My Fault You Suck”

Since: Jan 08

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Mar 7, 2008
what this guy should have got was the death penalty. if you take a life you don't deserve yours

Since: Feb 08

Westmont, IL

#20 Mar 7, 2008
My heart and prayers go out to the family
what if

AOL

#21 Mar 7, 2008
Our family was poor also. Yet Mom and Dad saw to it we all (6 of us) graduated high school, were polite, decilplined, respectful and couteous. We were busy, but took time EVERY night to have dinner together. We did not have money for toys but Dad made our toys and Mom sewed our clothes. We talked together about how to become decent human beings and how one should always respect his country, his flag and his freedom. Things come automatically with the wisdom you acquire. I have never nor would ever consider putting a loaded gun in the trunk of my car, in the event I should want to rob someone and kill them if they fought off my attempt to do so. I miss my Mom and Dad so much. I wish everyone had the chance to be reared by parents who loved and cared for their children. Yes, we wer poor, as far as money goes, but the riches we carried from those days at home are still filling our hearts today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Brexit signal to the world that Trump will... 11 min The Real Source 4
UK no EU 16 min The Real Source 4
Big Obamacare Lie 41 min The Real Source 15
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) 22 hr Robeenop 152
Laughable Slimey Liberals Fri Sick of sponges 14
Freedom/Justice Loving Americans Plan to Occupy... Fri Latte 1
looking for private acre's or trailer in count... Thu Ms Independence 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Mortgages