Cajuns Cafe brings southern flavor to...

Cajuns Cafe brings southern flavor to Avon

There are 20 comments on the Flyer Group story from Aug 17, 2008, titled Cajuns Cafe brings southern flavor to Avon. In it, Flyer Group reports that:

The owners of the new Cajuns Cafe in Avon all have something in common. It's not the fact that they're all related and it's not the fact that they are all from southern Louisiana and know how to cook authentic ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Flyer Group.

Andy

Carmel, IN

#1 Oct 27, 2008
It's great!
daniel

Avon, IN

#2 Dec 14, 2008
Not so good, they used way too much salt in everything. It was not very dynamic because the diversity of flavor was not there. Salt was the main taste in every dish.
Susan

Collierville, TN

#3 Jan 14, 2009
Iv'e eaten there several times and the food is Amazing!! I was born and raised in New Orleans the food is authentic and the atmosphere makes you feel like your dining in the French Quarter. Daniel, are you sure you got the right place?
Maria

Collierville, TN

#4 Jan 14, 2009
So glad I can google Cajuns Cafe now.....I'm a loyal customer and think Daniel was in the wrong place. The food is outstanding, the atmosphere makes you feel like you're in New Orleans and the people who work there are warm and friendly. This is my new favorite restaurant in Avon.
James

Lynn, IN

#5 Jan 17, 2009
Cajuns Cafe sets the standard for casual seafood and cujun dining in Avon and surronding area. Its peerless seafood are the centerpiece of a menu that offers innovative food and classic platters with equal skill all of it with a distinctly New Orleans flavor.
Mindy R

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jan 18, 2009
Though Cajuns Cafe maintain excellent quality whatever their preparation, it was the impossibly tender meats that stole the limelight in two entrees, Ribs and Pulled Pork Sandwich (Cochon Delait). ITs Simply Amazing .. I been to Yats and Zydecos and they have nothing on Cajuns Cafe in Avon... : )
Evan Jones

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jan 18, 2009
Ok I have been to the Big easy many of times..and by my taste buds it is good are even better then a few place in New Orleans...Now beleave me its really good and I'm a big eatter. now after saying you should see me big eatter ....loved it and i will be back there a lot!!! If any of you have not been there GET THERE!
NIKKI

New Orleans, LA

#8 Jan 21, 2009
i love it. I love everything there is about the atmosphere the food and the people.!!!!!
NIKKI

New Orleans, LA

#9 Jan 21, 2009
I Love it IT ROCKS GO THERE GO THERE GO THERE GOOOOO THERE
Jason

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 27, 2009
Im not even a fan of a Cajun food but Cajuns Cafe has more than cajun food... not everything was spicy
it just had alot of flavor just like back home in new orleans... Its verrrrrrrrrrrry goodddddddddd..
Tyler Hanson

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jan 27, 2009
I ate at Yats and Zydecos, it was nothing compared to the original ethnicity of Cajuns Cafe(Avon, IN). I thought that the jambalaya was superb to all others that compete. There bread pudding is to die for. The New Orleans Banana Foster is down right delectable. I don't know why anybody would go anywhere but Cajuns Cafe(Avon, IN) to get real original Cajun food
mike

Shelbyville, IN

#12 Feb 7, 2009
I do believe that the food is kind of authentic and I know that the seafood and bread are "imported" from New Orleans. At least that is what the owner told me when I asked why my BBQ shrimp po boy and soggy fries was $16 (no drink). This place is REALLY expensive but the food is maybe a 7 out of 10, which I think is decent for cajun in Indy. If they can find a way to lower the prices, I'll recommend it. Lunch for 3 was $46. Come on, seriously!
Brenda

United States

#13 Feb 16, 2009
My husband and I love the Cajans Cafe. It is a little pricy, but we never go away hungry. We are slowly but surly working our way thru the menu. We are glad that they decided to open in Avon. Avon needs some more small family owned resturants, and this is one of the BEST!!!!!!
Jack

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Feb 16, 2009
Its really good... if your a cheap person got to a cheap place and get the cheap food but if you want fresh seafood and reaaaalll good food go to cajuns cafe.. if your poor go get poor people food this place is for people who want quality.. The prices are the same as apple bees or texas Roadhouse....
mike

United States

#15 Feb 25, 2009
If you're an idiot, call yourself Jack. And if you're Jack, proofread your messages. Maybe all us poor people should meet at Taco Bell where the Meximelts are to die for.
mike

United States

#16 Feb 25, 2009
I do agree with Brenda, we do need more family owned resturants in the area. All I'm saying is, for the price, the food is better than average (think a B instead of an A). I doubt Jack is familiar with B's or A's, except in his class Intermediate Buttholes, which I'm certain he set the curve. Anyway, I'm very much for local family owned resturants...so go Cajuns! BUT I still think a message pertaining to the prices is relevant and useful to people who might read a review for useful information.
Trey

United States

#17 Feb 25, 2009
Jack wrote:
Its really good... if your a cheap person got to a cheap place and get the cheap food but if you want fresh seafood and reaaaalll good food go to cajuns cafe.. if your poor go get poor people food this place is for people who want quality.. The prices are the same as apple bees or texas Roadhouse....
You're a real douche. I feel sorry for your brain. Apple bees? texas Roadhouse? Get a grip homeboy.
NIKKI

New Orleans, LA

#19 May 26, 2009
That's the best place ive ever eaten
Stacy

New Orleans, LA

#20 Jun 26, 2009
I went up to Indiana on a bussiness trip and i felt right at home.. Its the best Cajun food in Indiana hands down and it could compete here in New Orleans. Very good food and service..
Stacy

New Orleans, LA

#21 Jun 26, 2009
Yats can i say ughhhh not real cajun food people and Mud Bugs ughhhhhhhhhh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breitbart turns on Donald Trump after his tweet... 6 hr God Bless the U S A 3
Clark Giles 7 hr right 5
Race is was why Burger Chef murders happened (Oct '16) 8 hr hubcap 25
IPD covered up The Burger Chef Murders (Oct '16) 16 hr Ed m 12
Adult Bookstores 80's-90's west Washington 17 hr I got your pickle 8
Marion County Chief Deputy Coroner Alfie Ballew Mon curious 2
News Customer raises cash for teenage Chick-fil-A wo... (Dec '16) Dec '16 trumper 1

Avon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Mortgages