Avon Teachers Near Agreement On $350,...

Avon Teachers Near Agreement On $350,000 Wage Concession

There are 1 comment on the The Hartford Courant story from May 4, 2010, titled Avon Teachers Near Agreement On $350,000 Wage Concession. In it, The Hartford Courant reports that:

The teachers' union is headed toward a major wage concession that would close the school board's $1.06 million budget gap in 2010-11 by one-third. John Czepiel, president of the Avon Education Association, said Monday night that the union has agreed in principle to offer $350,000 in savings to the board, which has contemplated cutting sports ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hartford Courant.

Weston Boyd

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 May 4, 2010
While I appreciate what appears to be an unprecedented concession by the Avon teachers, speaking as someone who has seen their pay decline by 30%, and for the many Avon residents who experienced forclosure, restricting height of raises is only a minor first step. If a 5% across the board pay decline were put on the table, then we would be talking true concessions and budget relief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Marriage (Mar '09) Aug 20 newsb 482
Vote for Hillary Aug 18 GetReal 2
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Aug 17 Justin 2002 tl s 314
Strange woman on Unionville Bridge? (Jul '10) Aug 12 Eva 8
Board of Selectmen Meeting August 8, 2016 My co... Aug 8 joan coe 1
Charter Revision Commission Meeting August 1, 2... Aug 1 Joan Coe 1
Charter Revision Commission Meeting July 25, 2016 Jul 25 Joan Coe 1

Avon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Mortgages