Avon Mountain Crash Victim Was Findin...

Avon Mountain Crash Victim Was Finding Her Way In Life

There are 58 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 23, 2009, titled Avon Mountain Crash Victim Was Finding Her Way In Life. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

As she was growing up, 16-year-old Dajania Watson ditched her sneakers for heels.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MIKE

Northford, CT

#55 Jun 23, 2009
I don't travel that road, but given all of the accidents that've happened there, something needs to be done. If the road can't handle the traffic, it needs to be addressed. Of course, all the blame can't be put on the road. Weather conditions, traffic conditions and speed are a few of the factors that cause crashes.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the parties involved in this crash.
Dajanias bestie

Lynnfield, MA

#56 Jun 24, 2009
Dajania was and always will be my best friend and she will never be forgotten whenever i think i about her i always think about the good times we had and how whenever i was with her she had dying of laughter i think that anyone who has anything bad to say about her or her family has no heart at all.

I hope that Dajania really and truly rests in peace
Just an idea

United States

#59 Jun 24, 2009
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. Next you'll be telling them to go off welfare and get a job too.
Naaaaa,,,they would never do that.
Benny

Hartford, CT

#60 Jun 24, 2009
MIKE wrote:
I don't travel that road, but given all of the accidents that've happened there, something needs to be done. If the road can't handle the traffic, it needs to be addressed. Of course, all the blame can't be put on the road. Weather conditions, traffic conditions and speed are a few of the factors that cause crashes.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the parties involved in this crash.
They already 'did something' about that road. It can be the safest road in the world, and if people drive like morons, they're still going to crash. What's next, lining the side of the road with pillows?
DOug

Shelton, CT

#61 Jun 24, 2009
Avon Mtn/Rt 44 is not a bad road its the other drivers on that road, for years I have traveled it and have never had an issue, of course I have had the people that were in too much of a hurry for their own good, trying to do 60mph DOWNHILL and riding my tail because I was doing the speed limit.
DOug

Shelton, CT

#62 Jun 24, 2009
My sympathies to the family.
MIKE

Northford, CT

#63 Jun 24, 2009
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
They already 'did something' about that road. It can be the safest road in the world, and if people drive like morons, they're still going to crash. What's next, lining the side of the road with pillows?
I agree. Like I said, I don't drive that road. Usually, anytime a crash happens, that the first thing people say..."It was the roads fault!" BS!! Its the person thats driving. If its snowing, slow the hell down. If its raining, slow the hell down. If theres alot of traffic, slow the hell down and dont tailgate.

Trust me, I'm not blaming just the road.
Blah

Shelton, CT

#64 Jun 24, 2009
Why is it that every family member or friend of this girl who has posted here does not have the slightest grasp of the English language? God help us in 20 years when they are running our country. Maybe you all should spend less time speeding around in cars and more time reading and doing homework.

This is not a paragraph: Lemme tell u something..danjania was not one of those teenagers who did wat she wanted when she wanted..she was my cousin..and death occurs anywhere at anytime..who the hell are you to place judgement on someone u dont even know..she was visiting family friends on a saturday night her mother knew where she was and told her wat time to be home..she passed away due to wet roads and careless drivers not because she was not "properly" supervise..

Learn how to use punctuation

MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST MIND YOU BUSINESS I KNOW YOUR PARENTS HAVE TOLD YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DONT SAY NOTHING AT ALL YOU DONT KNOW HER OR HER FAMILY OR HIS FAMILY FOR THAT MATTER JUST A NOISY PERSON WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO INSTEAD OF TALKING BAD ABOUT THESE FAMILIES GET A BIBLE AND PRAY FOR YOURSELF AND THESE FAMILY TO DO BETTER CUZ ITS CLEAR YOUR NOOOOOOOOO SAINT.YOU SPEAKING ON WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW.
Just an idea

United States

#65 Jun 24, 2009
Blah wrote:
Why is it that every family member or friend of this girl who has posted here does not have the slightest grasp of the English language? God help us in 20 years when they are running our country. Maybe you all should spend less time speeding around in cars and more time reading and doing homework.
This is not a paragraph: Lemme tell u something..danjania was not one of those teenagers who did wat she wanted when she wanted..she was my cousin..and death occurs anywhere at anytime..who the hell are you to place judgement on someone u dont even know..she was visiting family friends on a saturday night her mother knew where she was and told her wat time to be home..she passed away due to wet roads and careless drivers not because she was not "properly" supervise..
Learn how to use punctuation
MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST MIND YOU BUSINESS I KNOW YOUR PARENTS HAVE TOLD YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DONT SAY NOTHING AT ALL YOU DONT KNOW HER OR HER FAMILY OR HIS FAMILY FOR THAT MATTER JUST A NOISY PERSON WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO INSTEAD OF TALKING BAD ABOUT THESE FAMILIES GET A BIBLE AND PRAY FOR YOURSELF AND THESE FAMILY TO DO BETTER CUZ ITS CLEAR YOUR NOOOOOOOOO SAINT.YOU SPEAKING ON WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW.
Because.......they are named ghetto names....to much MTV...to much saying she started doing good in school, but what they dont say is she was failing,,,how many kids with different fathers? Doesnt matter where you live. Raised by barbarians.. kids will grow up like one. They dont know how to write, because to much time texting.
Amy Hansen

Huguenot, NY

#66 Jun 24, 2009
The subject of this article was addressed in extreme poor taste. This poor girl lost her life, and the first lines of the article are judgemental and sound cruel. Someone with compassion and care for other human beings should have reported on this tragic event not some writting for a fashion and dating column. It's a disgrace to true journalism.
Amy Hansen

Huguenot, NY

#67 Jun 24, 2009
PS My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
Nicola

Hartford, CT

#68 Jun 24, 2009
You people really and truely have no heart. Who cares how i punctuate or form a paragraph? Im am very educated..probably more than you..i dont live in the ghetto never have, i have two parents, i dont watch mtv and have multiple degrees but thats neither here nor there..this is about dajania..her life and the loss that is felt now that she is gone..you people who are so fast to judge, it shouldve been your sister,daughter,aunt,neice or mother the papers were writing about lets see how much you wouldve liked it people wrote those judgemental things about them.. her family reads this..what is wrong with you all..who are u to call any kind of judgement..i would be more worried about people like you running this country rather than someone like myself..Thanks to all who shared kind words and condolences..shame on the rest of you..
Just an idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Because.......they are named ghetto names....to much MTV...to much saying she started doing good in school, but what they dont say is she was failing,,,how many kids with different fathers? Doesnt matter where you live. Raised by barbarians.. kids will grow up like one. They dont know how to write, because to much time texting.
Nicola

Hartford, CT

#69 Jun 24, 2009
i agree amy..thank you for pointing that out..
Amy Hansen wrote:
The subject of this article was addressed in extreme poor taste. This poor girl lost her life, and the first lines of the article are judgemental and sound cruel. Someone with compassion and care for other human beings should have reported on this tragic event not some writting for a fashion and dating column. It's a disgrace to true journalism.
Just an idea

United States

#70 Jun 24, 2009
Nicola wrote:
You people really and truely have no heart. Who cares how i punctuate or form a paragraph? Im am very educated..probably more than you..i dont live in the ghetto never have, i have two parents, i dont watch mtv and have multiple degrees but thats neither here nor there..this is about dajania..her life and the loss that is felt now that she is gone..you people who are so fast to judge, it shouldve been your sister,daughter,aunt,neice or mother the papers were writing about lets see how much you wouldve liked it people wrote those judgemental things about them.. her family reads this..what is wrong with you all..who are u to call any kind of judgement..i would be more worried about people like you running this country rather than someone like myself..Thanks to all who shared kind words and condolences..shame on the rest of you..
<quoted text>
Stay off the street, put down the cell phone, stop with the reality shows, stop with the partying, stop with the MTV, stop thinking 50 cent is an idol.....you might have a start in life.
ricbee

United States

#71 Jun 24, 2009
Only the good die young....

Since: Jun 09

New Britain, CT

#72 Jun 24, 2009
First and foremost, my prayers and condolences go out to the entire family.. Mayo, Rest in Peace.
Please don't let the jackasses who have nothing better to do than sit online alll day and night posting negative comments distress you....
Now, I need to address the idiots. It really doesn't matter who she was in the car with, accidents happen to "children" when they are with their parents, siblings, grandparents. It could've happened anywhere. This is a child that we are talking about here. A 16 year old beautiful child. Don't assume that you know the ENTIRE family situation before you start laying blame and stereotyping.
penguin

Hartford, CT

#73 Jul 23, 2009
somehow I got to this sight which I like better than the new comments sections. I wonder how I can get back and why I got to it in the first place.

Since: Jun 09

Ellington, CT

#74 Jul 23, 2009
The title of this article makes me laugh. She was finding her way all right. Into a tree. She should have had a GPS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Feb 18 mike 320
Board of Selectmen Meeting February 15, 2017 My... Feb 15 joan coe 1
Kay's Gag Shop (Jun '06) Feb 5 Ames 55
Board of Selectmen Meeting January 23, 2017 My ... Jan 23 joan coe 1
Board of Selectmen Meeting January 9, 2017 My C... Jan '17 joan coe 1
News Black women gain power in Ganim's office Jan '17 Samuels Furnace Man 11
My Comments to Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin Jan '17 joan coe 1

Avon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Mortgages