Avon Mountain Crash Victim Was Finding Her Way In Life

As she was growing up, 16-year-old Dajania Watson ditched her sneakers for heels. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JIMCT

Princeton, NJ

#1 Jun 23, 2009
In yesterdays article it mentioned that she enjoyed making people laugh especially during tense moments...My type of person :)

RIP Dajania
Mumzy

New Hartford, CT

#2 Jun 23, 2009
So sad, another child lost. May Dajania's family find peace in the memories of the years she was here, and may Dajania find her heaven.
penquin

Hartford, CT

#3 Jun 23, 2009
such a sad story. Best wishes to her family. I might give the new baby Dajania as a middle name though which is a nice honor, rather than the first name. Avon mountain is dangerous even in good weather and I avoid it when I can and take simsbury mountain instead.
Tracey S

Middletown, CT

#4 Jun 23, 2009
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families. There is no greater loss than the loss of a child. I've been told that God doesn't make mistakes, incidents like this sometimes makes you wonder............
God Bless

New Britain, CT

#5 Jun 23, 2009
RIP
Who cares

Fairfield, CT

#6 Jun 23, 2009
Special prayers to both families suffering during this difficult time.
Johnnie leisure

New Milford, CT

#8 Jun 23, 2009
What's sadder, this story or "hardword's comments?
suntouch

West Hartford, CT

#9 Jun 23, 2009
My deepest sympathies for this young lady and her family.:(

Thisis why I avoid Avon Mountain whenever possible. I used to use this to get to work in Avon and I COULD NOT believe I never had an accident or got held up because of one.
WH Res

Hartford, CT

#14 Jun 23, 2009
Benny wrote:
Yeah, what was a 16 year old doing in a car at 11 at night with a 22 year old guy? Hmmmmm...
Are you guys mental midgets....??? Friend of the family....how about reading the article.
iCare

West Hartford, CT

#16 Jun 23, 2009
Regardless of the circumstances,this is a tragedy, and no one should be using this forum to judge her parents. Avon Mountain is trecherous, more so with the construction that is going on. Regardless, this is sad for all involved. Please refrain from chastising an already devestated family. Blessings to the family during this difficult time.
Harry Balz

Willimantic, CT

#17 Jun 23, 2009
Its very sad for a person to die so young. It also sounds like she was in a hurry to grow up and had many distractions from school.

Since: Jun 09

East of the river

#18 Jun 23, 2009
A terrible shame. So young, never able to realize her full potential in life. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
P Bailey

Norfolk, VA

#19 Jun 23, 2009
Kevin & Family:

Please know I'm thinking and praying for you all. I know this is devastating to all of you and find comfort in each other. Please try to overlook the ignorance protrayed in some of these uncalled for comments. Some people just don't "get it" until it happens to one of their own. God don't like "ugly" and He's not that fond of "pretty". Let's hope they don't end up looking at the name of one of their family members under a similiar caption.
BlaccuWeather

Boston, MA

#21 Jun 23, 2009
Sad. Say a prayer for the child and family.
SSDD

Hartford, CT

#22 Jun 23, 2009
My heart goes out to both families. I really dislike that roadway and will drive around the mountain to avoid it, now I am sadly reminded why I do that.
Caleen

Bloomfield, CT

#23 Jun 23, 2009
Dajania was beautiful in every way. I knew her very well she was talented respectful of others and full of life. We are all going to miss her greatly.
A friend

West Hartford, CT

#24 Jun 23, 2009
Not necessarily. The mother of that young girl was our nanny for years - the most responsible, devoted, upstanding woman you could ever meet. She wanted for her child what we, in the "finer" areas feel entitled to for our children, so they moved to an area where she could touch and experience and maybe even have what we all simply expect for our kids. How dare anyone comment on where people are from, or where they visit, or with whom, or about parents whom they do not know. As parents, we all try our best, and life takes its course anyway. Hardwords and anyone else would be privileged to know such a mother who spends all of her time, effort and money putting her kids first and trying to provide them, and the foster children she has taken in with what she never had. Hardwords, you would have been lucky to have parents such as her. Your parents obviously did not raise you in tolerance, compassion, hope and faith in the human spirit's ability to overcome. You are an embarassment to anyone who has been raised by loving, tolerant, faithful and, most importantly, hopeful parents. Teenagers these days are always out and about and short of locking them up, we must teach, guide, trust them and hope for the best. Bad luck is just that. Casting blame on a neighborhood or a child or a parent you have never met is more a reflection on you than on anyone you have commented on.
thekid wrote:
hardwords comments are harsh, but what johnnie leisure should realize is if hardword were the parent, guardian or role model of Ms. Watson she would still be alive and pursuing a promising future....no way, no how, a sixteen year old should be with a 22yr old. in Ansonia high school you get arrested for that...if its hartford related....just another day at the office.
A friend

West Hartford, CT

#26 Jun 23, 2009
Not from Lowell, MA - from West Hartford
A friend wrote:
Not necessarily. The mother of that young girl was our nanny for years - the most responsible, devoted, upstanding woman you could ever meet. She wanted for her child what we, in the "finer" areas feel entitled to for our children, so they moved to an area where she could touch and experience and maybe even have what we all simply expect for our kids. How dare anyone comment on where people are from, or where they visit, or with whom, or about parents whom they do not know. As parents, we all try our best, and life takes its course anyway. Hardwords and anyone else would be privileged to know such a mother who spends all of her time, effort and money putting her kids first and trying to provide them, and the foster children she has taken in with what she never had. Hardwords, you would have been lucky to have parents such as her. Your parents obviously did not raise you in tolerance, compassion, hope and faith in the human spirit's ability to overcome. You are an embarassment to anyone who has been raised by loving, tolerant, faithful and, most importantly, hopeful parents. Teenagers these days are always out and about and short of locking them up, we must teach, guide, trust them and hope for the best. Bad luck is just that. Casting blame on a neighborhood or a child or a parent you have never met is more a reflection on you than on anyone you have commented on.
<quoted text>
melissa vaught

Avon, CT

#27 Jun 23, 2009
first of all it dose not matter where she is from and who she was with we took a major lost and for people to have the nerve to even make negitive commments like that at a time like this to our family shows how disrespectful and unconciderate you really are.My name is melissa vaught and I looked at mayo as my lil sis. and allways will I lost my brother last saterday and my baby sis this past saterday so you really dont know what it feels like to stand in our shoes rght now so if you can't be respectful to my mother and family do not bother to comment at all
Blah

New Britain, CT

#28 Jun 23, 2009
This isn't about a wet road or a speeding driver. This is about a 16 year old that if properly supervised would have never been in a car with a 22 year old in the middle of the night when she should have been home!

I'm very sorry for this family, but the bottom line is a message that keeps happening as the teenage body count rises. You don't keep track of your kids then they come home in plastic bags. This isn't about one incident, this is the final result of a teenage girl that was probably used to do what she wanted when she wanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Mon Sir Samuel 806
i hope you people suffer pain and hurt in your ... Sep 16 centella 1
Review: Action Windows & Siding LLC (May '11) Sep 15 barbara 3
More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Sep 13 Justin 275
Board of Selectmen Meeting September 8, 2014 My... Sep 12 Joan Coe 1
Popular '80s West Hartford Music Hall To Be Dem... (Jun '09) Sep 9 cathysay 253
50 cent Sep 5 Just a fan 1
Avon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Avon Jobs

Avon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE