Recession Knocks Some Tenants Out Of ...

Recession Knocks Some Tenants Out Of Malls, Opens Doors To Others

There are 3 comments on the The Hartford Courant story from Feb 20, 2010, titled Recession Knocks Some Tenants Out Of Malls, Opens Doors To Others. In it, The Hartford Courant reports that:

Route 44 between New Hartford and Avon, the commercial Nile of the Farmington Valley, is in the midst of a drought.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hartford Courant.

fenster

Windsor, CT

#1 Feb 21, 2010
you want to bring back business to rent or lease in the malls? then cut the state tax extremely high tax burden. it means ct residents(what is left of them) to have more money to spend, and it means the chains or individual retailers will have more(untaxed) dollars to spend for rent. simple? yes. but does the state get it? not yet.

“Traditions in moderation.”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 23, 2010
If you want the state tax burden to drop, petition Congress to spend more CT federal income tax in CT! Right now, for every $1.00 we contribute, the Federal government only spends about $0.61 here! The rest goes to states like New Mexico, Alabama, Mississippi, Alaska, North Dakota...you know, those "rugged individual" states.

Or, you can just leave for one of those 'low cost' states as many are doing. Eventually their local and state taxes will rise to cover the shortfall in Federal government handouts. Enjoy!

“Traditions in moderation.”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Feb 23, 2010
Also, we need REAL jobs. Not retail crap that vanishes in a puff of smoke every time people get scared about money.

All those great jobs created in the last 10 years? BS cell phone stores and luxury retail. Not sustainable. So I just don't care about retail, we need manufacturing and arts and science-related work here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Jun 13 Johnfred 313
Board of Selectmen Meeting June 13, 2016 My Co... Jun 13 Joan Coe 1
Charter Revison Hearing June 13, 2016 My Comments Jun 13 Joan Coe 1
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) May 24 Ken Burke 135
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... May '16 Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) May '16 JoeBakRotsInHell 87
News Shakespeare, Naked Magic To Set Summer Stages A... May '16 JoeBakGone 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avon Mortgages